Do you want to save money by finding cheaper Chevy Silverado insurance in Chicago? Finding the cheapest insurance for a Chevy Silverado in Illinois can be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to find lower rates.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for insurance and we'll show you the proper way to price shop coverage for a new or used Chevy and get the cheapest rates either online or from Chicago insurance agents.
Consumers should take time to compare rates before your policy renews since insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on Chevy Silverado insurance in Chicago six months ago you can probably find a better premium rate now. You'll find a ton of advice on Silverado insurance on the web, but by reading this article, you're going to learn some good information on how to lower your insurance premiums.
If you're already insured or just want cheaper coverage, follow these tips to reduce premiums while maintaining coverages. Finding the most affordable insurance policy in Chicago is easy to do. Smart buyers only need an understanding of how to shop from many different companies online.
How to compare Chevy Silverado insurance quotes in Chicago, IL
Most companies give coverage prices direct online. Comparing Chevy Silverado insurance rates online is pretty painless as you just enter the coverages you want into a form. Once entered, their rating system will obtain credit information and your driving record and provides a quote based on the information you submitted.
Being able to quote online for Chevy Silverado insurance in Chicago makes it simple to compare prices and it's also necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get the lowest payment possible.
If you want to use this form to compare rates, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you duplicate the limits and deductibles exactly as shown on your declarations page. This guarantees you will have a rate comparison for the exact same coverage.
The following companies have been selected to offer price quotes in Illinois. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$106||$202||$356||$22||$106||$792||$66|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$170||$274||$266||$16||$80||$806||$67|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$174||$334||$310||$18||$92||$928||$77|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$120||$210||$300||$18||$90||$738||$62|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$150||$252||$268||$16||$80||$766||$64|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$198||$390||$316||$18||$94||$1,016||$85|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$108||$210||$310||$18||$92||$738||$62|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$186||$274||$386||$22||$116||$984||$82|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$228||$400||$262||$16||$78||$984||$82|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$168||$298||$304||$18||$90||$878||$73|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$218||$452||$340||$20||$102||$1,132||$94|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$160||$252||$386||$22||$116||$936||$78|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$254||$478||$294||$18||$88||$1,132||$94|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$196||$412||$294||$18||$88||$1,008||$84|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$128||$232||$304||$18||$90||$772||$64|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$136||$246||$266||$16||$80||$744||$62|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$160||$364||$294||$18||$88||$924||$77|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$242||$540||$274||$16||$82||$1,154||$96|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in specific location information which can alter rates considerably.
Physical damage deductibles
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Chevrolet Silverado insurance premiums for each different age category. The data assumes a married male driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Chevrolet Silverado insurance costs by age and gender
The example below shows the comparison of Chevrolet Silverado insurance prices for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no violations or claims, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Careless Chicago drivers pay higher rates
The diagram below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault claims impact Chevrolet Silverado auto insurance costs for each different age group. The prices are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Get cheaper Chevy Silverado insurance in Chicago with discounts
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may find discounts that may help make it more affordable. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you get a quote, but some need to be asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you do not double check each discount available, you are throwing money away.
- Good Student Discount - A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Teen drivers should complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Organization Discounts - Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break when getting a Chicago car insurance quote.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better prices.
- Auto/Life Discount - Select companies reward you with a discounted auto insurance rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
- New Car Discount - Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper since newer models have better safety ratings.
- ABS Brakes - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Senior Discount - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get a discount up to 10%.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Drivers who insure all your vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn't work that way.
To find insurers who offer cheap Chevy Silverado insurance quotes in Chicago in Illinois, click here.
Why you need vehicle insurance in Illinois
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Chicago, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Chevy but also your assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so shop around at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Insurance agent or online?
Certain consumers would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent. Good agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheaper prices but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting local agencies is especially important in Chicago.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to insurance agents in Chicago who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to visit any agencies because prices are sent to you directly. If you want to quote rates from one company in particular, you can always go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Insurance agent types
If you want a local Chicago insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agents are either exclusive or independent. Both provide insurance policies, but it's good to learn how they differ because it can impact your selection of an agent.
Independent Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are appointed with more than one company so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you don't have to do anything. When shopping rates, it's a good idea to compare prices from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also have access to less well-known companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Chicago that may be able to give you free price quotes.
- Illinois Vehicle Auto Insurance
100 W. Randolph, Suite C14 - Chicago, IL 60601 - (312) 201-9111 - View Map
- Illinois Vehicle Auto Insurance (Xpert)
1858 W 18th St - Chicago, IL 60608 - (312) 226-1033 - View Map
- American Auto Insurance
3201 N Harlem Ave #1 - Chicago, IL 60634 - (773) 286-3500 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company's prices and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. These agents are usually well trained on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents. Some people will only buy from the same agent for years partially due to the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
The following are Chicago exclusive agencies that can give you price quote information.
- Russ Spinelli - State Farm Insurance Agent
1525 E 53rd St #727 - Chicago, IL 60615 - (773) 955-3133 - View Map
- Neal Gallo - State Farm Insurance Agent
6666 N Western Ave - Chicago, IL 60645 - (773) 743-6565 - View Map
- Kathleen McKenzie - State Farm Insurance Agent
725 W 31st St - Chicago, IL 60616 - (312) 791-1200 - View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. Any agent in Chicago should be willing to answer these questions.
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Illinois?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
After you get good answers to all your questions and affordable Chevrolet Silverado insurance rates in Chicago quotes, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that will adequately provide insurance. Just remember you can always cancel coverage at any point so never assume that you're stuck with any particular company with no way out.