Paying for high-priced Audi S6 insurance in Chicago can stress out your savings account, especially in this economy.
A study showed that most consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Chicago drivers could save $600 a year, but most undervalue how much they could save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Drivers have many insurers to purchase coverage from, and although it's a good thing to have a selection, more choices can make it harder to adequately compare rates for Audi S6 insurance in Chicago.
Get cheaper Audi S6 insurance in Chicago with discounts
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but there are discounts available that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but some must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Data Collection Discounts - Insureds who allow companies to spy on driving manner by installing a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
- Drive Less and Save - Fewer annual miles on your Audi could earn cheaper rates.
- Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some companies provide a discount for buying a new policy early. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles on the same auto insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Chicago car insurance quote than their less cautious counterparts.
- Professional Memberships - Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Chicago could qualify you for a break on your next auto insurance statement.
Remember that some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like it's possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business. Any amount of discount will positively reduce the premium cost.
A few companies that may have these money-saving discounts include:
Double check with every insurance company to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts may not be available in your area. To see insurance companies with the best Audi S6 insurance discounts in Illinois, click this link.
Most companies like Allstate and Progressive make it easy to get coverage price quotes online. Getting online quotes for Audi S6 insurance in Chicago is easy for anyone as you just type in your coverage preferences into the form. Behind the scenes, their quoting system makes automated requests for credit information and your driving record and provides a quote based on many factors. This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it's necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to find cheap car insurance pricing.
In order to get comparison pricing now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you duplicate the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. This way, you will be getting an apples-to-apples comparison for similar coverage.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Chicago, IL. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|S6 Quattro 4-Dr Sedan||$228||$498||$352||$20||$106||$1,204||$100|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can influence prices noticeably.
An analysis of deductible level
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Audi S6 insurance costs for different age categories. The costs are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Impact of speeding/accidents on auto insurance rates
The example below illustrates how violations and at-fault collisions can increase Audi S6 insurance costs for each different age category. The rates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Males versus Females
The chart below shows the comparison of Audi S6 insurance rates for male and female drivers. Data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
What Determines Audi S6 Insurance Prices?
Many things are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, although others are more transparent like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is. It's important that you understand the different types of things that come into play when calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in big savings.
Drive less and pay lower prices - The more miles you rack up on your Audi in a year's time the more you'll pay to insure it. Most insurance companies apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that have low annual miles receive better premium rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. A policy that improperly rates your S6 may be costing you. It's a good idea to make sure your declarations sheet states the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
Less chance of injury means lower auto insurance rates - Cars with five star safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Audi is rated at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may cost less to insure.
Bad drivers pay high rates - Having a clean driving record influences premium rates substantially. Having a single ticket can boost insurance rates substantially. Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than their less careful counterparts. Drivers with careless violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find that they have to to complete a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Gender impacts premiums - Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. The data does not necessarily mean that women are better drivers. They both are responsible for accidents at a similar rate, but the men tend to have higher claims. Men also tend to receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
Claims statistics for an Audi S6 - Companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle when setting premium prices. Vehicles that statistically have a trend towards higher claims will have a higher premium rate.
The table below illustrates the loss history for Audi S6 vehicles. For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, equals 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values over 100 indicate frequent claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Audi S6 Vehicles
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi S6 4dr 4WD||228||52||294|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare rate quotes but work with a neighborhood Chicago auto insurance agent
Many drivers would rather have an agent's advice and that is recommended in a lot of cases A good thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower premium rates and also buy local. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is important especially in Chicago.
By using this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Chicago that can provide free Chicago car insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. You don't have to do any legwork because prices are sent instantly to you. Get lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to compare rates from one company in particular, don't hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reliable agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they work. Agents may be either independent or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are appointed with more than one company and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies and you don't have to do anything. When comparing car insurance prices, you will definitely want to include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Chicago that may be able to provide comparison quotes.
W.A. George Insurance Agency
155 N Michigan Ave #300 - Chicago, IL 60601 - (312) 729-5265 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only place business with one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on their company's products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Chicago that are able to give rate quotes.
Glenda Tolentino-Moser - State Farm Insurance Agent
2015 W Montrose Ave - Chicago, IL 60618 - (773) 549-3300 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agent requires more thought than just the premium amount. The following questions are important to ask.
- How long has the business existed?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Audi S6 in Chicago, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost all lenders will force you to have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Audi at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Audi and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your car insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your S6 definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $869 every year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to save money.
A little work can save a LOT of money
We just covered many ways to shop for Audi S6 insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with the least-expected company. These companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
As you prepare to switch companies, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Additional insurance information is available at the links below
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Hybrid Vehicles in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Bad Credit in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Wrangler in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)