How many times have you told yourself it's time to shop around for cheaper BMW M5 insurance in Chicago? Are you regretting buying high-priced BMW M5 insurance in Chicago? You're in good company because many Chicago consumers are in the same pinch.
Shockingly, the majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never shopped around. The average driver in the United States could save themselves roughly $859 a year, but most undervalue the amount of money they would save if they switch to a new company. There is such a variety of insurance companies to pick from, and even though it's nice to have a selection, too many choices makes it more difficult to compare company pricing for BMW M5 insurance in Chicago.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Chicago is not that difficult. If you have a current car insurance policy or are shopping for new coverage, use these money-saving tips to get lower rates and still have adequate protection. Shoppers just have to use the most efficient way to compare prices from many different companies online.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Chicago, IL. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the lowest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|M5 4-Dr Sedan||$318||$726||$340||$20||$102||$1,506||$126|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in zip code location which can lower or raise prices substantially.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The illustration below shows the comparison of BMW M5 premium costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The rate quotes are based on no violations or claims, $250 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no exact rule to stop paying for full coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your BMW M5 replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are currently paying more than $600 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not opt for liability only.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost Chicago auto insurance rates
Some insurance providers don't list all possible discounts very well, so the following list contains some of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Chicago auto insurance online.
- Discount for Good Grades - Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Chicago auto insurance quote. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- New Car Discount - Buying a new car instead of a used M5 can get you a discount since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Payment Discounts - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Driver's Ed - It's a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver's education class if it's offered in school.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction with some auto insurance companies.
- Cautious Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like it's possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn't work that way.
Larger auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- GEICO offers discounts for defensive driver, multi-policy, federal employee, good student, and membership and employees.
- Travelers has discounts for save driver, student away at school, home ownership, driver training, and multi-car.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, driver training, renewal discount, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for new vehicle discount, newly married, preferred payment discount, good student, and teen driver discount.
- American Family discounts include air bags, defensive driver, accident-free, multi-vehicle, and TimeAway discount.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent the best way to save money. Some discounts may not be available in your state. If you would like to view companies that offer discounts in Illinois, click here.
Auto insurance is available from local agents
A lot of people still like to talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Professional agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get lower car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the quote information is emailed to companies in Chicago that provide free Chicago auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. In the event you want to compare prices for a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Selecting an provider shouldn't rely on just the quoted price. Any agent in Chicago should have no problem answering these questions:
- Where would glass claims be handled in Chicago?
- How many years have they been established?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Chicago?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- What companies can they write with?
Shown below is a list of insurance companies in Chicago that may be able to provide price quotes for BMW M5 insurance in Chicago.
KSA Insurance Agency
7158 W Grand Ave - Chicago, IL 60707 - (773) 804-9000 - View Map
Find BMW M5 Insurance More Affordably
Multiple criteria are used when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating.
Be proud to be claim-free - If you file claims often, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies in Illinois generally give discounts to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
More people means more accidents - Residing in a rural area can save you money when buying insurance. People in densely populated areas have to deal with more auto accidents and more severe claims. Fewer drivers and short commutes means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Deter car thieves - Choosing to buy a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Systems that thwart thieves such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help stop vehicle theft.
Getting married can lower premiums - Getting married may cut your premiums on your policy. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible and it's proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Save money by eliminating add-on coverages - Insurance policies have a lot of additional coverages that may not really be needed when buying insurance. Coverage for things like roadside assistance, better glass coverage, and membership fees may be wasting your money. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but if you have no use for them eliminate them to save money.
BMW M5 claim statistics - Insurers take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that have a trend towards higher claims will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for BMW M5 vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Values below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Car Insurance Loss Data for BMW M5 Models
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|BMW M5 4dr||284||94||373|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Chicago, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your M5, most lenders will have a requirement that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your BMW for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your BMW M5 and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average American driver is wasting up to $700 annually so compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
How much can you save?
A few companies may not have online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agencies. The cheapest BMW M5 insurance in Chicago is available from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you need to compare both so you have a total pricing picture.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on BMW M5 insurance in Chicago. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Chicago auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best rates are with a small local company. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
When searching for affordable BMW M5 insurance quotes, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
To learn more, take a look at the articles below: