Would you like to find more affordable Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Chicago? Did you make the mistake of buying high-priced Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Chicago? Say no more because there are many Chicago drivers thinking the same thing.
Sad but true, a large majority of insurance policyholders renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Illinois drivers could save about 40% each year just by comparing rates, but they feel it's too difficult to go online and compare rates. Insurance companies such as State Farm, Progressive and GEICO promote their brand names with ads and it can be hard to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you have insurance now or just want cheaper rates, you can learn to buy cheaper auto insurance without having to cut coverage. Locating the best rates in Chicago is actually very simple if you learn how to start. Vehicle owners just have to use the best way to compare rate quotes online from multiple companies.
The method we recommend to compare policy rates for Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Chicago utilizes the fact car insurance companies allow for online access to quote your coverage. All consumers are required to do is give them rating details like types of safety features, whether your vehicle is owned or leased, your job, and if you have a valid license. That rating information gets transmitted to multiple different insurance companies and you get price estimates quickly.
To start a quote now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Chicago.
The following companies have been selected to offer free quotes in Chicago, IL. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|PT Cruiser 2WD 4-Dr||$176||$280||$222||$14||$66||$758||$63|
|PT Cruiser 2WD 4-Dr||$124||$176||$290||$18||$88||$696||$58|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in garaging location in Chicago which can influence rates noticeably.
Can higher deductibles save money?
The example below demonstrates how deductibles and can impact Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance rates for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Insuring your Chrysler vehicle just makes sense
Even though Chicago PT Cruiser insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle is required in Illinois but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your PT Cruiser has a loan, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chrysler at an extremely high rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having car insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $869 every year so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to save money.
Save $401 a year? Really?
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements that promise big savings for switching by State Farm and Allstate. They all convey the message that you can save if you just switch your coverage.
But how can every company claim to save you money? Here is how they do it.
Companies have underwriting criteria for the right customer that makes them money. A good example of a profitable risk profile could possibly be over age 30, has a clear driving record, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. Someone that matches those criteria may get the lowest premium rates in Chicago and will most likely save if they switch.
People who don't qualify for this ideal profile may be required to pay higher premium rates which leads to business not being written. The ad wording is "people that switch" not "everyone who quotes" save that kind of money. That is how insurance companies can confidently state the savings. Different companies use different criteria so you need to compare many company's premium rates. It's just not possible to know the company that will fit you best based on your risk profile.
Get affordable Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Chicago with discounts
Auto insurance companies do not list every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list a few of the more well known and the more hidden credits available to you.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Driver Education Discount - Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver's education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Life Insurance Discount - Larger insurance companies have lower prices if you buy life insurance.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Taking part in a course that instructs on driving safety could save 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Good Students Pay Less - Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Drive Less and Save - Low annual miles could earn lower car insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
Don't be surprised that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business. But any discount will reduce your policy cost.
To find companies that offer many of these discounts in Chicago, click here to view.
When should I have guidance from a local insurance agent?
A small number of people would rather visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Good agents can help you choose the best coverages and help file insurance claims. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap car insurance rates and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your business. There is no reason to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, don't hesitate to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best company shouldn't rely on just a low price. A good agent in Chicago will have answers to these questions.
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Illinois?
When finding a good insurance agency, there are two types of agencies that you can select. Agencies in Chicago are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can sell car insurance policies, but it is important to understand the difference between them because it can impact the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following are Chicago exclusive agencies that can give you rate quotes.
Agents in the independent channel are not restricted to one company so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house and you don't have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, you definitely need to include at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection.
Below are Chicago independent agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
W.A. George Insurance Agency
155 N Michigan Ave #300 - Chicago, IL 60601 - (312) 729-5265 - View Map
After talking to the agent and getting satisfactory answers as well as an affordable premium quote, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that meets the criteria to service your policy. Just be aware that you have the power to terminate coverage at any point so never feel that you are permanently stuck with a specific company for the full term.
When it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage, there really isn't a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your financial needs are unique so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent's assistance.
- What is the ISO rating for a Chrysler PT Cruiser?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Chrysler PT Cruiser?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
If you can't answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Persistence is the key to affordable rates
When buying insurance coverage, it's very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
We just presented some good ideas how to get a better price on Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Chicago. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Chrysler PT Cruiser rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates come from the smaller companies. These companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Affordable Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Chicago is attainable on the web as well as from independent agents in Chicago, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not provide internet price quotes and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
More detailed car insurance information is located at these sites:
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chicago Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest After a Speeding Ticket in Chicago? (FAQ)
- How Much are Chicago Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)