High-priced Hyundai Tucson insurance in Chicago can drain your savings account and possibly require postponing other expenditures. Comparing rate quotes is free and is an excellent way to make sure you're not throwing money away.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that most car insurance customers have been with the same company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. Many consumers in Chicago can save approximately $600 each year just by shopping around, but they don't know the amount of savings they would get if they switched.
Since people have many choices of insurance companies that have cheap insurance for a Hyundai Tucson in Chicago, it's difficult to locate the lowest price company.
Consumers need to take a look at other company's rates before your next renewal because insurance prices change regularly. Even if you got the lowest price on Hyundai Tucson insurance in Chicago last year there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you're going to learn the best methods to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Chicago is actually quite easy if you know where to start. If you currently have auto insurance, you will surely be able to reduce premiums using the techniques covered below. Although Illinois drivers must comprehend how companies determine premium rates because it varies considerably.
Most larger insurance companies such as Allstate and Progressive allow you to get pricing directly from their websites. This process can be done by anyone as you simply type in your required coverages on the page. When complete, the company's rating system will obtain reports for credit and driving violations and quotes a price based on these factors. Using the web to get rates for Hyundai Tucson insurance in Chicago makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it's absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to get the cheapest price possible.
If you want to find out how much you can save on car insurance, compare rates now from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you replicate the insurance coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have a price comparison based on identical coverages.
The companies in the list below can provide price comparisons in Chicago, IL. If multiple companies are shown, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tucson GLS 2WD||$168||$344||$294||$18||$88||$912||$76|
|Tucson GLS 4WD||$224||$334||$262||$16||$78||$914||$76|
|Tucson Limited 2WD||$174||$334||$294||$18||$88||$908||$76|
|Tucson Limited 4WD||$142||$282||$294||$18||$88||$824||$69|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in garaging location in Chicago which can revise premium rates noticeably.
Auto insurance deductibles
The information below illustrates how your deductible choice and can raise or lower Hyundai Tucson insurance prices for different age groups. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The example below demonstrates how traffic citations and fender-benders can impact Hyundai Tucson insurance costs for different age groups. The premiums assume a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Why you need car insurance
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Hyundai in Chicago, buying car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Tucson, almost every bank will require you to have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Hyundai for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Hyundai gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average driver in Illinois is overpaying over $810 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Get cheaper rates on Hyundai Tucson insurance in Chicago with these seven auto insurance discounts
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Sign Online - Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks get Chicago auto insurance on the web.
- Multi-line Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better rates if you take out a life policy as well.
- Cautious Driver Discounts - Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% as compared to drivers with claims.
- Distant College Student Discount - Kids who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Having all your vehicles on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Onboard Data Collection - Drivers who elect to allow their auto insurance company to spy on driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot may get a rate reduction if their driving habits are good.
- Defensive Driver - Participating in a defensive driving course is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn't quite work that way. Any amount of discount will positively reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
If you would like to view providers who offer cheap Hyundai Tucson insurance quotes in Chicago in Chicago, follow this link.
Shop online but buy locally
Many drivers just want to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can find better rates but also keep your business local.
After filling out this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won't even need to drive around since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. You can find the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to quote rates from a particular provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best company requires you to look at more than just a low price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Does their agency support local causes in Chicago?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
Insurance coverages 101
Learning about specific coverages of your policy helps when choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the usual coverages found on most insurance policies.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against other people's claims, and doesn't cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 20/40/15 that means you have $20,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, a limit of $40,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $15,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as attorney fees, funeral expenses, medical expenses, court costs and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. Illinois state law requires minimum liability limits of 20/40/15 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This protects you and your vehicle when the "other guys" do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle's damage.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Illinois limits are 20/40/15), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for things like X-ray expenses, pain medications, prosthetic devices and ambulance fees. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision insurance covers damage to your Tucson caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as crashing into a ditch, rolling your car and hitting a mailbox. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your Tucson to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from a tornado or hurricane and vandalism. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle's value is low it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Quote often and quote early
As you quote Chicago auto insurance, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, an insured cut collision coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
In this article, we presented many tips how you can save on Hyundai Tucson insurance in Chicago. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Chicago auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Chicago auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest car insurance rates come from a smaller regional carrier. Regional companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
More detailed insurance information is available in the articles below:
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Single Moms in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Chicago? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)