Are you looking for a better way to compare lower-priced Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance in Chicago? No sane person rejoices having to buy insurance, especially when they know they could get a better deal.
Unbelievable but true, the vast majority of consumers in Illinois renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never quoted insurance rates at all. The average driver in the United States could pocket 47% a year, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to shop around. Companies like GEICO, Progressive and Allstate constantly bombard you with TV and radio ads and it can be hard to ignore the promise of big savings and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
You should make it a habit to quote other rates on a regular basis since prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you found the best rates on Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance in Chicago six months ago you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because I'm going to teach you the easiest way to save on insurance.
If you're already insured or just want to save money, you can use this information to reduce premiums without sacrificing coverage. Buying the cheapest insurance in Chicago is really not that difficult. Smart shoppers just have to know how to compare different rates instantly.
Finding a lower price on insurance is a great way to save money. You just have to invest a few minutes comparing price quotes to see which company has inexpensive Chicago auto insurance quotes.
It's so fast and easy to compare rate quotes online that it takes the place of having to drive to all the different insurance agencies. Buying insurance online makes this unnecessary unless you require the trained guidance that only an agent can give. However, consumers can price shop online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Illinois. If the list has multiple companies, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Vitara 2WD||$176||$282||$246||$14||$74||$792||$66|
|Grand Vitara Premium 2WD||$120||$260||$294||$18||$88||$780||$65|
|Grand Vitara Premium 4WD||$178||$340||$250||$14||$76||$858||$72|
|Grand Vitara Limited 2WD||$178||$340||$250||$14||$76||$858||$72|
|Grand Vitara Special Edition 4WD||$246||$468||$266||$16||$80||$1,076||$90|
|Grand Vitara XSport 2WD||$218||$468||$274||$16||$82||$1,058||$88|
|Grand Vitara Limited 4WD||$188||$298||$268||$16||$80||$850||$71|
|Grand Vitara XSport 4WD||$174||$310||$352||$20||$106||$962||$80|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in specific Chicago garaging location which can affect rates considerably.
Safe drivers Chicago pay cheaper rates
The diagram below shows how speeding tickets and fender-benders can increase Suzuki Grand Vitara annual premium costs for different age groups. The premiums are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Slash rates with these discounts
Car insurance companies don't necessarily list their entire list of discounts very clearly, so the following list contains both the well known and the harder-to-find credits that may apply to you.
- Multi-policy Discount - When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Employee of Federal Government - Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your insurance provider.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- No Claims - Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Chicago Homeowners Pay Less - Owning a house in Chicago can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- New Vehicle Savings - Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren't that lucky.
A partial list of companies who may offer these benefits are:
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Savings may not apply in your area. To see insurance companies who offer free Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance quotes in Illinois, click here.
Three good reasons to insure your Suzuki vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Suzuki Grand Vitara in Chicago, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Suzuki Grand Vitara, most lenders will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Suzuki at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
When should I contact an insurance agency?
A small number of people still like to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that Agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can obtain lower rates and also buy local. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is especially important in Chicago.
By using this quick form, your coverage information is transmitted to companies in Chicago that can provide free Chicago auto insurance quotes for your business. You won't need to even leave your home because prices are sent to your email. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a particular provider, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Chicago auto insurance agents come in two flavors
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it's important to understand the different types of agents and how they function. Agencies in Chicago can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either can write policy coverage, but it's good to learn the differences since it can impact buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can quote policies through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won't have to switch agencies. When comparing rate quotes, you need to get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates.
Featured below is a short list of independent agencies in Chicago that can possibly get you comparison quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents are contracted to one company such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are highly trained in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Chicago that are able to give comparison quotes.
Sylvia Torres Underhill - State Farm Insurance Agent
2422 S Oakley Ave - Chicago, IL 60608 - (773) 376-1166 - View Map
Deciding on an insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Who are their largest clients?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
Upon receiving good answers to these questions and an acceptable price quote, you may have found an insurance agency that will properly insure your vehicles.