How long has it been since you shopped around for the cheapest Chrysler 200 insurance in Chicago? No one in their right mind likes paying for insurance, especially when they know the price is too high.
Unbelievably, over 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and nearly the majority have never taken the time to shop around. Illinois drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but most just don't grasp the amount of savings they would get if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. You have so many car insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it's a good thing to have a selection, too many choices makes it more difficult to compare company pricing for Chrysler 200 insurance in Chicago.
It's a good habit to do price comparisons occasionally because prices trend upward over time. If you had the best rates on Chrysler 200 insurance in Chicago last year you can probably find a better rate quote now. There is too much inaccurate information about 200 insurance online but we're going to give you some guaranteed methods to lower your insurance bill.
Buying affordable auto insurance in Chicago can be much easier if you know how to start. If you have coverage now or want to find a cheaper company, use these techniques to buy cheaper auto insurance and still have adequate protection. Smart buyers just need to know the most efficient way to compare company rates using one simple form.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Illinois. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Get cheaper rates with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts that you may not know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but some must be asked about prior to getting the savings. If you do not double check each discount possible, you're just leaving money on the table.
- One Accident Forgiven - This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like Progressive and Allstate will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Insurance companies who offer life insurance give better auto insurance rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Good Drivers - Drivers who don't get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
- Payment Method - If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Claim Free - Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on Chicago auto insurance quote as opposed to bad drivers.
- Good Student - Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Military Rewards - Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Renewal Discounts - Some companies give discounts for switching companies prior to your current 200 insurance policy expiring. This discount can save up to 10%.
Don't be shocked that some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, it's just not the way it works.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the discounts include:
- State Farm may offer discounts for passive restraint, good student, good driver, student away at school, and safe vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for business and professional, teen driver, distant student, bundle discounts, good student, early shopping, and switch companies.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, air bags, and military active duty.
- American Family discounts include defensive driver, Steer into Savings, early bird, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, and good student.
- Nationwide may include discounts for good student, defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, accident-free, business or organization, and family plan.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, good student, and continuous coverage.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Chicago. To choose auto insurance companies with significant discounts in Illinois, click here to view.
Get Chrysler 200 Insurance for Less
Many factors are used when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but other factors are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating. The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the elements that go into determining your insurance rates. If you understand what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to better insurance rates.
The list below includes a few of the things used by insurance companies to determine your premiums.
Traffic violations drive up costs - Drivers with clean records have lower premiums as compared to those with violations. Just one chargeable violation can boost insurance rates to the point where it's not affordable. Drivers who have received license-revoking citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may face state-mandated requirements to complete a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
Always keep your policy in place - Driving with no insurance is a big no-no and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will rates go up, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine.
Liability insurance limits should be high - Your insurance policy's liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
Insurance costs and driver gender - The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn't necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Women and men tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. They also receive more major tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 are most likely to cause an accident so they pay the highest premiums.
Prevent theft and save - Driving a car with an alarm system can get you a discount on your insurance. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
Marriage pays dividends - Getting married can actually save you money when buying insurance. It may mean you are more mature and responsible and it's proven that married couples file fewer claims.
Bundle policies to earn discounts - Many insurance companies will award a discount to clients who buy several policies from them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, you still need to check prices from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money. Drivers may still find lower rates by buying from different companies
Cheap insurance rates for being claim-free - Car insurance companies in Illinois award better rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is intended for larger claims.
Chrysler 200 historical loss data - Insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that statistically have high amounts or severity of claims will have higher premium rates. The table below outlines the collected loss data for Chrysler 200 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, is equal to 100. Values that are 100 or less indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Chrysler 200 Vehicles
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chrysler 200 2WD||117||113||116||174||189||152|
|Chrysler 200 4WD||117||112||108||127|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to talk to an agent
A small number of people prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is you may find cheaper rates and still buy from a local agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Chicago who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
Choosing an company requires more thought than just a cheap price. Any agent in Chicago should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Illinois?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- If they are an independent agency in Chicago, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
When researching a local agent, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Agencies in Chicago can be described as either independent or exclusive. Either one can sell insurance policies, but it's a good idea to understand the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on the kind of agent you use.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company such as State Farm or Allstate. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company's products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Chicago who can help you get price quotes.
Glenda Tolentino-Moser - State Farm Insurance Agent
2015 W Montrose Ave - Chicago, IL 60618 - (773) 549-3300 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part. When comparing insurance rates, we highly recommend that you get several quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Listed below are Chicago independent insurance agencies that can give you price quotes.
After you get good responses to these questions as well as offering an affordable quote, you may have found an insurance agency that is a good match to properly service your insurance policy. Just keep in mind you are entitled to cancel coverage whenever you wish so never feel that you're stuck with any specific company for a certain time period.
Car insurance savings summarized
Some insurance companies do not offer internet price quotes and many times these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies. Cheaper car insurance in Chicago can be sourced on the web as well as from independent agents in Chicago, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis.
When you buy Chicago auto insurance online, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price.
Much more information about car insurance in Illinois is available below:
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 50 in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chicago Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest After a Speeding Ticket in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Bad Credit in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chicago Auto Insurance for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Homeowners in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)