Shopping for the most affordable Chicago Chevy Cruze insurance quotes might seem intimidating for vehicle owners that are relatively new to comparing prices over the internet. With literally dozens of companies, how are vehicle owners expected to possibly compare every insurance company to find the lowest price?
Unbelievable but true, nearly 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rate quotes at all. Consumers in Illinois could save themselves $586 a year, but they don't understand how simple it is to compare rates.
Most larger insurance companies give coverage price quotes direct online. Comparing prices online for Chevy Cruze insurance in Chicago doesn't take a lot of time as you simply type in the coverage amounts you desire as detailed in the form. When complete, the system orders your driving record and credit report and returns pricing information based on these and other factors.
The ability to get online rate quotes for Chevy Cruze insurance in Chicago makes it simple to compare prices and it's very important to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find the best rate.
To save time and compare rates using this form now, check out the car insurance providers below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you input your coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this assures you will receive a price comparison for similar coverage.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Illinois. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Car insurance discounts are available to lower rates
Companies don't always list all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Own a Home and Save - Just owning your own home can help you save on car insurance since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Full Payment Discount - If paying your policy premium upfront rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- Distant Student - Any of your kids who live away from home at college and won't have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Life Insurance Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Driver Training Discounts - Completing a defensive driver course may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Claim Free - Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates when compared to bad drivers.
Don't be shocked that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don't profit that way.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer quotes with these discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you need lower rates, check with each company which discounts you qualify for. Discounts may not be available in Chicago. To see a list of car insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Chicago, click here to view.
It may be expensive, but it's not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Cruze in Chicago, buying car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
First, just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Cruze with a loan, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay the higher price.
Third, insurance protects both your Chevy Cruze and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your car insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so it's very important to do a rate comparison every year to ensure rates are inline.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn't a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone's situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether you could use an agent's help.
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Local Chicago car insurance agents and auto insurance
Certain consumers just prefer to go talk to an agent and that is OK! A good thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheaper prices and still choose a local agent.
By using this simple form, the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Chicago who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to drive around since price quotes are sent to you directly. You'll get the best rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing a provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Chicago should be willing to answer these questions.
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- How are claims handled?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Illinois?
Different types of Chicago auto insurance agents
When finding a reliable agent, it's important to understand the different types of agencies that you can select. Insurance agencies in Chicago can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company's prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are well trained on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Chicago who may provide you with price quote information.
- Kathleen McKenzie - State Farm Insurance Agent
725 W 31st St - Chicago, IL 60616 - (312) 791-1200 - View Map
- Dave Rundle - State Farm Insurance Agent
4316 W 63rd St - Chicago, IL 60629 - (773) 735-0135 - View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
8549 S Cicero Ave - Chicago, IL 60652 - (773) 582-2886 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don't have to do anything.
When comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to check rates from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options. They often place coverage with smaller companies who may have lower rates.
Below are Chicago independent insurance agencies that can give you price quote information.
- Northwest Insurance Network Inc
4450 N Western Ave - Chicago, IL 60625 - (773) 433-3300 - View Map
- Lakeview Insurance Agency, Ltd.
3438 N Southport Ave - Chicago, IL 60657 - (773) 871-8000 - View Map
- Lincoln Auto Insurance
855 W Washington Blvd - Chicago, IL 60607 - (312) 666-8800 - View Map