Are you tired of overpaying and want more affordable Hyundai Entourage insurance in Chicago? Feel like you have an expensive insurance policy? It's quite common and there are many Chicago consumers feeling the pinch from expensive insurance.
Unbelievable but true, nearly 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and nearly the majority have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. U.S. consumers could save approximately $850 every year just by shopping around, but they think it's difficult to compare rates.
Companies like Allstate and Progressive constantly blast consumers with fancy advertisements and it is challenging if not impossible to see through the deception and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
It's a good habit to check insurance prices periodically since insurance prices tend to go up over time. Just because you found the best rates on Hyundai Entourage insurance in Chicago last year you can probably find a better premium rate now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you're going to learn the quickest way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
If you have insurance now, you will definitely be able to save money using this information. Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Chicago is not that difficult. But Illinois car owners do need to learn the methods companies use to determine what you pay because rates are impacted by many factors.
Companies offering competitive Hyundai Entourage rate quotes in Chicago, IL
The following companies provide free rate quotes in Illinois. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the lowest price.
Chicago car insurance discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but companies offer discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of quoting, but some must be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Accident Free - Drivers who don't have accidents have much lower rates as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Save over 55 - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Multiple Cars - Drivers who insure all your vehicles with the same car insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Payment Method - If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying in monthly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Save with a New Car - Putting insurance on a new Entourage can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Government Employees - Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Chicago car insurance depending on your company.
- Onboard Data Collection - People who choose to allow data collection to track driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, you won't be that lucky.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- American Family may have discounts that include good student, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, early bird, good driver, and bundled insurance.
- Nationwide has discounts for business or organization, Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, multi-policy, and good student.
- MetLife may offer discounts for claim-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, good driver, good student, and accident-free.
- 21st Century offers discounts including teen driver, good student, defensive driver, driver training, air bags, and automatic seat belts.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for alternative fuel, business and professional, bundle discounts, multi-car, homeowner, mature driver, and youthful driver.
- Allstate offers discounts for passive restraint, anti-lock brakes, FullPay discount, senior citizen, resident student, teenSMART discount, and good student.
When quoting, ask every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Savings might not apply in your area. To see insurers with the best Hyundai Entourage insurance discounts in Illinois, click here to view.
Seven factors that influence insurance rates
Lots of things are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but other factors are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are. When buying car insurance it's important to understand the rating factors that help calculate your premiums. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to lower car insurance prices.
Premiums are high for teenagers - Older, more experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, tend to file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.Beginning drivers are proven to get distracted easily behind the wheel and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
Premiums are affected by your credit history - A driver's credit rating can be a huge factor in determining your rates. Drivers who have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with bad credit. So if your credit could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Hyundai Entourage by repairing your credit.
Low physical damage deductibles cost more - Physical damage coverage, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your Hyundai. A few examples of covered claims could be collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and having your car stolen. Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money the insured will be required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The larger the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the better rate you will receive.
Lower rates for married couples - Getting married helps lower the price when shopping for car insurance. It means you're more mature and responsible and statistics prove married couples file fewer claims.
Safer vehicles mean better car insurance rates - Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have lower insurance rates. The safest vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower rates of occupant injuries means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates.
How much liability coverage - Your car insurance policy's liability coverage kicks in if you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so do not cut corners here.
Bundle policies to earn discounts - Most car insurance companies allow discounts for people who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you're getting this discount it's still a good idea to compare Hyundai Entourage rates in Chicago to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Situations that may require an agent's advice
When it comes to buying coverage online or from an agent, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your financial needs are unique.
For instance, these questions might point out whether or not you might need an agent's assistance.
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Who is covered when they drive my Hyundai Entourage?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
If you can't answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Insurance agent or online?
Some consumers still like to buy from a licensed agent. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find better rates and still have a local agent. And buying from local agents is important particularly in Chicago.
Upon completion of this simple form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Chicago that provide free Chicago car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you can always visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
If you are wanting to find a reputable agency, it's helpful to know the different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Agents in Chicago can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type often have many company appointments and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If your premiums go up, an independent agent can move your coverage and you won't have to switch agencies.
When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include rate quotes from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Featured below are Chicago independent agents that can give you cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies work for only one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so it's a take it or leave it situation. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Chicago that can give you price quote information.
Greg King - State Farm Insurance Agent
5508 S Lake Park Ave - Chicago, IL 60637 - (773) 643-6200 - View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent shouldn't rely on just a cheap quote. Any good agent in Chicago should know the answers to these questions.
- How long have they been in business?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
After receiving positive responses to any questions you may have and locked in a price quote, it's possible that you found an insurance agency that can adequately provide insurance. Just understand that you are entitled to cancel your policy whenever you wish so don't feel that you're stuck with any specific company indefinitely.
Save 15 percent in 15 minutes? Is it for real?
Insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm endlessly run television, radio, and online ads. All the ads make the same claim about saving some big amount just by moving your insurance policy to them. That's great but how can every company sell you cheaper insurance coverage? Here is the trick they use.
Companies quote their best rates for the type of driver that earns them the highest profit. For instance, this type of insured might have to be over the age of 40, has never had a claim, and chooses high deductibles. Any customer who meets those qualifications gets the lowest prices and as a result will probably cut their rates substantially.
Consumers who cannot meet those standards must pay higher premiums with the end result being the driver buying from a lower-cost company. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say "drivers that switch" not "everybody who quotes" save the amount stated. That is how companies can truthfully make claims that they all have the best premium rates.
Because each company has a different risk profile, drivers must get a wide range of price quotes. Because you cannot predict with any certainty which company will have better car insurance rates than you're paying now.
Don't give up on cheaper rates
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in responding to claim requests or even questionable increases in premium. It doesn't matter what your reason, switching companies is not as hard as you think.
We just showed you a lot of information how to shop for Hyundai Entourage insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Chicago car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a small local company.
When you buy Chicago car insurance online, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Auto Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70 in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest After a Speeding Ticket in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)