Trying to find better insurance prices for a new or used Acura RDX in Illinois can be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks to make it easier.
There is a better way to shop for car insurance and you need to know the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a new or used Acura and locate the cheapest rates from Chicago insurance agents and online providers.
A recent car insurance study discovered that the vast majority of car insurance customers have been with the same company for more than four years, and 38% of customers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Many drivers in Chicago could save as much as 40% every year just by shopping around, but they just don't want to find cheaper insurance by shopping around.
It is always a good idea to get comparison quotes as often as possible because insurance prices tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the best rates on Acura RDX insurance in Chicago on your last policy the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you're about to learn the best way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Companies offering Acura RDX insurance in Chicago
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Chicago, IL. If several companies are displayed, it's a good idea that you click on several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RDX Technology Package 2WD||$156||$310||$300||$18||$90||$874||$73|
|RDX Technology Package AWD||$140||$252||$222||$14||$66||$694||$58|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in specific zip code location which can affect rates substantially.
Acura RDX annual premiums for males versus females
The information below compares Acura RDX annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no claims or driving violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Discount Chicago insurance quotes
Some providers do not list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so we break down some of the best known and the harder-to-find insurance savings.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Factory options such as air bags may qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on RDX insurance in Chicago.
- Clubs and Organizations - Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings when shopping for insurance.
- Auto/Home Discount - When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- 55 and Retired - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens could receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Keeping the miles down on your Acura can earn cheaper prices.
- Accident Forgiveness - Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you haven't had any claims for a set time period.
- Paperless Signup - Some insurance companies provide a small discount for completing your application digitally online.
- Telematics Discount - Insureds that choose to allow data collection to scrutinize driving patterns through the use of a telematics system such as State Farm's In-Drive could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
Policy discounts save money, but some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, you won't be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut your overall premium however.
If you would like to see a list of providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Illinois, click this link.
Can't I get rate quotes from local Chicago auto insurance agents?
A small number of people would prefer to buy from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good insurance agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local. And supporting neighborhood agents is definitely important in Chicago.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you wish to compare rates from a particular provider, you can always go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Shown below are agents in Chicago that may be able to provide price quote information for Acura RDX insurance in Chicago.
- Sylvia Torres Underhill - State Farm Insurance Agent
2422 S Oakley Ave - Chicago, IL 60608 - (773) 376-1166 - View Map
- Grace Murray - State Farm Insurance Agent
7035 W Grand Ave - Chicago, IL 60707 - (708) 453-1771 - View Map
- Illinois Vehicle Auto Insurance
100 W. Randolph, Suite C14 - Chicago, IL 60601 - (312) 201-9111 - View Map
- W.A. George Insurance Agency
155 N Michigan Ave #300 - Chicago, IL 60601 - (312) 729-5265 - View Map
Deciding on an provider requires more thought than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Which family members are covered?
After getting satisfactory answers for all questions you ask as well as a price you're happy with, you may have just found an insurance company that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles. Just remember you have the power to cancel your policy whenever you want so never feel you're contractually obligated to any specific agency for the full policy term.
Well known brands might not be cheapest
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements that claim the cheapest prices from the likes of State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. They all make an identical promise of big savings if you switch your coverage.
How can each company charge less that you're paying now?
Insurance companies have specific characteristics for the type of driver that earns them the most money. One example of a profitable insured should be over the age of 35, carries high limits, and chooses high deductibles. Any customer who fits those characteristics may get the lowest premium rates in Chicago as well as pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential insureds who do not match these standards will probably have to pay a higher rate and business not being written. If you listen to the ad wording, they say "drivers who switch" not "everyone that quotes" save that much when switching. That's why companies can make claims that they all have the best car insurance rates.
This emphasizes why drivers must compare as many free Chicago car insurance quotes as you can. It is impossible to guess with any certainty which company will fit you best based on your risk profile.
The best rates come from being thorough
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to lower your Acura RDX insurance premium rates in Chicago. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Chicago car insurance, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Chicago car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a small local company.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, high prices, unfair underwriting practices and even being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company is actually quite simple.
When you buy Chicago car insurance online, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Even more information can be found at these sites:
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Chicago Car Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- How Much are Chicago Auto Insurance Rates for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)