Are you looking for a better way to compare the cheapest BMW X1 insurance in Chicago? Are you tired of wondering where the money will come from to make your insurance payment? You are in the same boat as millions of other consumers.
A recent insurance study revealed that the vast majority of drivers have bought insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of customers have never quoted insurance rates at all. Chicago drivers can save 40% each year just by shopping around, but they won't spend time to find cheap insurance rates.
Online insurance companies like GEICO, Farmers Insurance and State Farm constantly blast consumers with ad campaigns and consumers find it hard to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
It's a good habit to get comparison quotes yearly because rates tend to go up over time. If you had the best premium rates on BMW X1 insurance in Chicago a couple years back you can probably find a better price now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you're going to get a crash course in how to use the internet to save on insurance.
If you're already insured, you will most likely be able to save money using the tips covered below. Locating the best rates in Chicago can really be easy if you know what you're doing. But Illinois drivers benefit from understanding how insurance companies price online insurance.
Discounts for cheaper insurance rates
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but companies offer discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but some need to be asked for before being credited.
- Cautious Driver Discounts - Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% as compared to drivers with claims.
- Clubs and Organizations - Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations could trigger savings when getting a Chicago car insurance quote.
- Student in College - College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Chicago and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts could save 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Life Insurance - Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give lower premium rates if you buy some life insurance too.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking a defensive driver course could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears it's possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies aren't that generous.
To see companies with the best discounts in Chicago, click this link.
Keep in mind that quoting more helps increase your odds of locating better pricing. Not every company provides rate quotes online, so you also need to get prices from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Illinois. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Are insurance agencies of importance?
Some people prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your information gets sent to companies in Chicago that give free quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent because prices are sent immediately to your email address. Get lower rates and work with a local agent. If you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Choosing an insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- How many years have they been established?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Will they give you a referral list?
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agency, there are two different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Agents can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type normally can only provide a single company's rates such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Chicago who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Sylvia Torres Underhill - State Farm Insurance Agent
2422 S Oakley Ave - Chicago, IL 60608 - (773) 376-1166 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don't have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get quotes from multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Chicago that are able to give comparison quotes.
Don't give up on cheaper coverage
More affordable insurance in Chicago can be bought from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Chicago, so you need to shop Chicago car insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not provide rate quotes online and usually these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agencies.
We've covered a lot of tips how to shop for BMW X1 insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest BMW X1 rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the best premium rates are with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. Smaller companies often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Good Drivers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)