Would you like an easy way to compare more affordable Acura RLX insurance in Chicago? Comparing and finding cheap prices for Acura RLX insurance in Chicago might be kind of frustrating for drivers who have little experience comparison shopping online. Since there are so many insurers available, it can be a ton of work to locate the lowest price in Illinois.
Sad but true, most drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. With the average car insurance premium being $1,498, Illinois drivers could cut their rates by about $590 a year by just shopping around, but most undervalue the large savings they would see if they switch to a new company.
This information will tell you how insurance works and also save some money in the process If you are insured now, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using the ideas presented in this article. But Illinois drivers must comprehend the methods companies use to calculate their prices and use it to find better rates.
Low-cost Acura insurance price quotes in Chicago
The companies in the list below can provide price comparisons in Chicago, IL. If multiple companies are shown, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
Get cheaper Acura RLX insurance rates in Chicago
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there could be significant discounts that you may not know about. Many discounts should be triggered when you quote, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Life Insurance Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a lower car insurance rate if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Student Discounts - Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Chicago auto insurance quote. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Multiple Cars - Having several vehicles with the same car insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- Online Discount - Certain companies may give you up to $50 get Chicago auto insurance digitally online.
- Defensive Driving Course - Taking a course in driver safety could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
Discounts lower rates, but some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
Popular car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers discounts including passive restraint, multiple autos, safe vehicle, driver's education, student away at school, accident-free, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive has savings for multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, and good student.
- Travelers may include discounts for IntelliDrive, multi-car, driver training, new car, save driver, student away at school, and multi-policy.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including mySafetyValet, early bird, defensive driver, good student, and accident-free.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for safety features, newly married, new vehicle discount, teen driver discount, and multi-car.
If you need the cheapest Acura RLX rate quotes, ask every company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in your state. To locate insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Illinois, follow this link.
Components of Your Acura RLX Insurance Costs
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower rates.
- Incidental coverages can add up - There are quite a few additional coverages that can waste your money if you don't pay attention. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships could be just wasting money. They may seem good initially, but if they're wasting money get rid of them and save.
- Insurance costs are higher for high performance vehicles - The performance level of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in determining your rates. Since the Acura RLX is a luxury sedan, insurance will be more as compared to the average rate in Chicago. Small economy passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Higher premiums for coverage lapses - Allowing your coverage to lapse is a fast way to increase your car insurance rates. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you fines and jail time. You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Illinois DMV.
- You might pay more if you are single - Having a spouse may cut your premiums when buying car insurance. Marriage usually means you are more financially stable and it's proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- With age comes lower prices - Teenage drivers in Illinois are statistically shown to be more careless with other occupants in the car so they pay higher car insurance rates. Older insureds are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.
- Loss probability for an Acura RLX - Companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that tend to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more for specific coverages. The table shown below demonstrates the historical loss data for Acura RLX vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is considered to be 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Acura RLX Insurance Claim Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura RLX 4dr 128 63 179 82
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
You may need advice from an insurance agent
A lot of people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A good thing about comparing auto insurance online is that you can obtain the best rates but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Chicago.
After completing this short form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. You can most likely find cheaper rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you can always find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Below is a short list of insurers in Chicago that can give you rate quotes for Acura RLX insurance in Chicago.
- Tamika Echols - State Farm Insurance Agent
1611 N Clybourn Ave - Chicago, IL 60614 - (312) 944-9700 - View Map
- Jim Tom - State Farm Insurance Agent
4317 N Lincoln Ave - Chicago, IL 60618 - (773) 477-3300 - View Map
- Russ Spinelli - State Farm Insurance Agent
1525 E 53rd St #727 - Chicago, IL 60615 - (773) 955-3133 - View Map
- KSA Insurance Agency
7158 W Grand Ave - Chicago, IL 60707 - (773) 804-9000 - View Map
Finding the right insurance company is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Chicago?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
If you receive good answers for all questions you ask and a low price estimate, it's possible that you found an provider that will insure your vehicles.
Be skeptical of auto insurance ads
Respected companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads on TV and radio. All the ads make the point that drivers can save some big amount if you change to them. Is it even possible that every company can give you a lower rate on Acura RLX insurance in Chicago? Here is the trick they use.
Insurance companies have specific characteristics for the type of driver that earns them a profit. An example of a profitable customer might have to be a mature driver, has a clear driving record, and has great credit. A customer getting a price quote who meets those qualifications gets the lowest rates and will most likely pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
People who don't meet these standards must pay higher premium rates which leads to the customer buying from someone else. If you listen closely, the ads state "drivers who switch" not "all people who quote" save money. That is how companies can truthfully make those statements.
This really illustrates why you should get as many free Chicago auto insurance quotes as possible. Because without a comparison, you cannot know with any certainty which company will have the lowest premium rates for your situation.
More effort can pay off
Lower-priced Acura RLX insurance in Chicago can be sourced online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers do not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies sell through independent agencies.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, high rates after DUI convictions, delays in paying claims or denial of a claim. It doesn't matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company is less work than it seems.
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to shop for Acura RLX insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting affordable Acura RLX insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
Additional information can be read at these links:
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Car Insurance Rates for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a School Permit in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest After a Speeding Ticket in Chicago? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)