Do you want to learn to get lower-priced Audi A5 insurance in Chicago? Are you tired of scraping the payment together to pay insurance each month? You have the same problem as many other Illinois drivers.
A study showed that nearly 70% of drivers have remained with the same insurance company for well over three years, and 38% of customers have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average insurance premium being $1,498, Chicago drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to find cheaper insurance by shopping around. Lots of insurance companies contend for your business, so it's not easy to compare every company and get the best coverage at the best rates possible on Audi A5 insurance in Chicago.
Consumers should take time to check insurance prices yearly because insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you found the lowest rates on Audi A5 insurance in Chicago a year ago other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because I'm going to teach you the best methods to save on insurance.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or are just looking to switch companies, use these money-saving tips to buy cheaper auto insurance and still get good coverage. Choosing the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Chicago seems hard but is not really that difficult. Drivers only need to know the best way to buy auto insurance using one simple form.
Components of Your Audi A5 Insurance Premiums
Many factors are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but some are more transparent like where you live and annual miles driven. It's important that you understand the factors that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower rates.
- Your address can affect price - Residing in a rural area can save you money when it comes to insurance. People who live in big cities have to deal with congested traffic and longer commute times. Lower population corresponds to lower accident rates and a lower car theft rate.
- Drive less and pay lower prices - The more you drive your Audi each year the more you'll pay to insure it. Most companies charge rates based upon how much you drive. Cars that sit idle most of the time can be on a lower rate level than those that get driven frequently. Double check that your vehicle rating is showing the correct usage, because it can save money. An incorrectly rated A5 may be wasting your money.
- Don't abuse insurance claims - Insurance companies in Illinois provide lower rates to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is designed for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
- Rates increase with policy add-ons - Insurance policies have a lot of additional coverages you can purchase if you aren't diligent. Add-on coverages like roadside assistance, high-cost glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships are probably not needed. They may seem good when deciding what coverages you need, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
- Insurance loss data for an Audi A5 - Companies analyze historical claim data when they file their rates in each state. Models that the data determines to have higher losses will have higher rates.
The next table illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Audi A5 vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, equals 100. Numbers below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentage values above 100 indicate frequent claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Audi A5 Models
Specific Audi Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi A5 2dr 4WD 196 92 140 73 83 100 Audi A5 Convertible 4WD 147 73 140 56
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Getting cheaper Audi A5 auto insurance pricing can be surprisingly simple. The only thing you need to do is invest a few minutes comparing rate quotes from online providers.
Comparison shopping quotes online is easy and it makes it obsolete to drive around to local Chicago insurance agencies. Quoting Audi A5 insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you require the peace of mind of a licensed agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to comparison shop online and get advice from an agent in your area.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Illinois. If several companies are displayed, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Premium 2-Dr Coupe||$178||$364||$232||$14||$70||$858||$72|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 2-Dr Coupe||$188||$342||$228||$14||$68||$840||$70|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Prestige 2-Dr Coupe||$178||$412||$250||$14||$76||$930||$78|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Premium Plus 2-Dr Coupe||$134||$338||$250||$14||$76||$812||$68|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Prestige 2-Dr Coupe||$160||$358||$214||$12||$64||$808||$67|
|A5 2.0T Premium 2-Dr Convertible||$198||$444||$250||$14||$76||$982||$82|
|A5 2.0T Premium Plus 2-Dr Convertible||$314||$766||$352||$20||$106||$1,558||$130|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Coupe||$148||$338||$250||$14||$76||$826||$69|
|A5 2.0T Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Convertible||$228||$420||$262||$16||$78||$1,004||$84|
|A5 2.0T Prestige 2-Dr Convertible||$216||$432||$246||$14||$74||$982||$82|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Coupe||$228||$470||$222||$14||$66||$1,000||$83|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can lower or raise coverage prices noticeably.
Rate comparison of male drivers versus female drivers
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Audi A5 car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no claims or driving citations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Why you need quality insurance for your Audi A5
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Audi A5 in Chicago, car insurance is mandatory in Illinois but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Audi A5 has a loan, it's most likely the lender will stipulate that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Audi at an extremely high rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your Audi A5 and your assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Audi gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. An average driver in America is wasting up to $825 a year so you should quote rates at least once a year to save money.
Slash your auto insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don't list all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Life Insurance - Some insurance carriers give a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Lower Rates for Military - Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Participating in a class that teaches defensive driving techniques could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- Onboard Data Collection - Policyholders that allow driving data collection to scrutinize driving manner by installing a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Chicago Homeowners Discount - Owning a house in Chicago can get you a discount since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Discount for Swiching Early - A few larger companies allow discounts for switching policies before your current expiration date. Ten percent is about the average savings.
Don't be surprised that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
Popular auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers discounts including good driver, accident-free, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, and student away at school.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, good driver, claim-free, good student, accident-free, and multi-policy.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for driver training, renewal discount, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, and youthful driver.
- GEICO includes discounts for emergency military deployment, multi-policy, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO discounts include anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, multi-car, and anti-theft.
If you are trying to find low cost Chicago car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in Chicago. To see a list of insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Illinois, click this link.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Chicago car insurance agent
Some people still like to get advice from a local agent and that is a smart decision Experienced insurance agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Chicago who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If you have a need to compare rates from one company in particular, just search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best provider requires more thought than just the premium amount. These are valid questions to ask:
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Chicago?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
Types of auto insurance agents in Chicago
If you want to buy car insurance from local Chicago agents, you should know the different types of agents and how they operate. Chicago agents are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types can handle car insurance, but it's worth learning the difference in the companies they write for since it may influence your agent selection.
These type of agents can usually just insure with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Chicago willing to provide rate quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not employed by any specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different car insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Chicago willing to provide price quotes.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When it comes to the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are unique to you.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
If you can't answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
One last thing about your coverage
When you buy Chicago car insurance online, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to find out they didn't purchase enough coverage. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, unfair underwriting practices, lack of trust in their agent and denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right car insurance provider can be pretty painless.
Some insurance companies do not provide online rate quotes and these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agents. Cost effective Audi A5 insurance is definitely available online and from local agencies, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture.
Additional car insurance information is available below:
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Kia Optima in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a GMC Sierra in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra in Chicago? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)