Are you trying to find more affordable Subaru Baja insurance in Chicago? Have you finally had enough of trying to scrape together enough money to insure your Subaru every month? You are no different than many other vehicle owners in Illinois.
Sad but true, about 70% of customers have remained with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Illinois consumers can cut their rates by almost $586 a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t want to spend time to shop around.
Many insurance companies vie for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies to find the best rate on Subaru Baja insurance in Chicago.
It’s a good idea to compare prices quite often due to the fact that insurance prices are constantly changing. Even if you think you had the lowest rates on Subaru Baja insurance in Chicago six months ago there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because I’m going to teach you one of the best ways to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Companies offering Subaru Baja insurance in Chicago
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Chicago, IL. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Get Subaru Baja Insurance at a Discount
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand the factors that aid in calculating car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with better car insurance rates.
Shown below are some of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set premiums.
Car insurance liability coverage limits – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will protect you when you are found liable for damages from an accident. Liability provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to comp and collision, so do not skimp.
How your age affects premiums – More mature drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.Teenage drivers have been known to be more careless when driving with friends so car insurance rates are higher.
If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Insurance companies have many additional extra coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t diligent. Things like personal injury protection, accidental death, and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. The coverages may be enticing when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Claim-free discounts can add up – If you file a lot of claims don’t be surprised to see increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance companies in Illinois provide lower rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. Your car insurance is designed for larger claims.
Bad credit hurts insurance costs – Having a good credit rating can be an important factor in your rate calculation. So if your credit is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your Subaru Baja by taking the time to improve your credit score. Drivers with excellent credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with bad credit.
Discounts for married drivers – Having a wife or husband may cut your premiums when shopping for car insurance. Marriage usually means you are more mature than a single person and statistics prove being married results in fewer claims.
Subaru Baja insurance discounts in Chicago
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but some discounts are required to be inquired about before being credited.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Bundle and Save – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save up to 20% and get you affordable Subaru Baja insurance rates in Chicago.
- Early Signing – A few larger companies offer discounts for buying a new policy early. This can save 10% or more.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Membership in Organizations – Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for insurance.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction with some insurance companies.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles with the same insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying in monthly installments you could save up to 5%.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Larger insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, safe vehicle, accident-free, student away at school, and good student.
- American Family has discounts for multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, good driver, TimeAway discount, and accident-free.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, and air bags.
- 21st Century may include discounts for student driver, automatic seat belts, theft prevention, good student, air bags, and early bird.
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area.
When should I talk to an insurance agent?
Some people still like to go talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this short form, your information is instantly submitted to companies in Chicago who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to drive around as quotes are delivered directly to your email. You’ll get the best rates without a big time investment. If you need to compare prices from a particular provider, just search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right company needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Chicago should have no problem answering these questions:
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Chicago agents may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below are Chicago exclusive agencies that can give you price quote information.
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If prices rise, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, it’s recommended you get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
The following are Chicago independent agents who can help you get price quote information.
Don’t give up on cheap premiums
We just showed you a lot of ways to reduce Subaru Baja insurance auto insurance rates online in Chicago. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with an unexpected company. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Lower-priced car insurance in Chicago can be sourced online as well as from independent agents in Chicago, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not provide rates over the internet and these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found by following these links:
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- How Much are Chicago Car Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)