Comparison shopping for more affordable Buick Lucerne insurance in Chicago can seem to be kind of frustrating for people new to shopping for insurance online. There are so many choices that it can be a real challenge to find cheaper premium rates on Buick Lucerne insurance.
It’s hard to believe, but over 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never shopped around. Chicago insurance shoppers could save an average of roughly $600 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most just don’t grasp the large savings they would see if they switched to a more affordable policy.
It’s important to take a look at other company’s rates periodically because insurance prices go up and down regularly. Just because you had the lowest rates on Buick Lucerne insurance in Chicago on your last policy the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you’re going to learn one of the easiest ways to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Chicago is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. Practically anyone who needs lower cost auto insurance will probably be able to find lower rates. Although Illinois consumers need to have an understanding of the way companies set your policy premium and use it to your advantage.
Best Buick Lucerne insurance price quotes in Illinois
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Illinois. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lucerne CXL Special Edition||$136||$328||$340||$20||$102||$926||$77|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in specific zip code location which can impact prices noticeably.
How careless driving impacts auto insurance rates
The information below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault collisions drive up Buick Lucerne auto insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The costs are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Buick Lucerne Insurance Costs Can Be Reduced
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that help determine auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower rates. Many different elements are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are less apparent like where you live or your commute time.
Listed below are some of the things used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
Big cities have higher costs – Having an address in a small town has it’s advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. Drivers in populated Illinois areas tend to have more traffic problems and higher rates of accident claims. Longer commute distances means more chance of being in an accident.
Add-on coverages that aren’t used – Policies have additional coverages you can purchase but may not be useful. Coverage for things like roadside assistance, high-cost glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. These coverages may sound good at first, but if you have no use for them eliminate them to save money.
Lower premiums with alarm systems – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack help track and prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Low mileage costs less – Driving more miles every year the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies charge rates based upon how much you drive. Vehicles not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates than cars that get driven a lot. A policy that improperly rates your Lucerne may be costing you higher rates. It’s always a good idea to double check that your auto insurance coverage reflects the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Cheaper rates by bundling – The majority of companies give lower prices for people who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, you still need to check prices from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money.There is a good possibility that you can find a better deal by buying auto insurance from a different company.
Lower rates by increasing deductibles – Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your Buick. A few examples of covered claims are a broken side mirror, damage from fire, and rolling your vehicle. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more of the claim the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Drivers with good credit save on auto insurance – Your credit rating is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay. Drivers with good credit tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit scores. If your credit score could use some work, you could save money insuring your Buick Lucerne by improving your rating.
These discounts can lower your insurance quotes
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be significant discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- Paperwork-free – Some of the larger companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application online.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies give discounts for buying a policy prior to your current Lucerne insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles with the same insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the personal injury premium cost.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies with the same company you will save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts should help lower the premium cost.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- State Farm discounts include Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, safe vehicle, anti-theft, accident-free, passive restraint, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for switch companies, electronic funds transfer, mature driver, early shopping, good student, bundle discounts, and homeowner.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- GEICO offers discounts including military active duty, membership and employees, air bags, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, and anti-theft.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for paperless, group or association, anti-lock brakes, safe vehicle, and teen driver.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for air bag, bundle, anti-theft, driver training, vehicle fuel type, good student, and defensive driver.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for multi-policy, driver training, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, renewal discount, and safe driver.
- USAA has discounts for loyalty savings, military installation, multi-vehicle, vehicle storage, defensive driver, and family discount.
Before buying, ask each company the best way to save money. Discounts may not apply everywhere. To choose insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Chicago, click here to view.
Compare rates but work with a local neighborhood Chicago car insurance agent
Certain consumers would rather visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Chicago who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork because prices are sent instantly to you. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, just find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Selecting an insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Is coverage determined by price?
Two different types of auto insurance agents
When narrowing the list to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the types of agencies that you can choose from. Chicago agents can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
These type of agents can only place business with one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following are Chicago exclusive agents willing to provide price quote information.
- Roni Siegel – State Farm Insurance Agent
860 N Clark St – Chicago, IL 60610 – (312) 751-0500 – View Map
- Bill Dillard – State Farm Insurance Agent
516 W Diversey Pkwy – Chicago, IL 60614 – (773) 549-2605 – View Map
- Liane Williams – State Farm Insurance Agent
3143 W 71st St – Chicago, IL 60629 – (773) 436-7500 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to include several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. Many write coverage with different regional companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Chicago willing to provide price quote information.
- Illinois Vehicle Auto Insurance (Xpert)
1858 W 18th St – Chicago, IL 60608 – (312) 226-1033 – View Map
- Amigo Insurance Agency
5902 W Fullerton Ave – Chicago, IL 60639 – (877) 999-2644 – View Map
- AArdvark Insurance Agency
1228 W Wilson Ave – Chicago, IL 60640 – (773) 961-8781 – View Map
The ad said I’d save $458 a year!
Companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm constantly bombard you with television, radio, and online ads. They all seem to seem to make the promise that you’ll save big after switching to them. How do they all save you money on Buick Lucerne insurance in Chicago? It’s all in the words they use.
Insurance companies have specific characteristics for the type of driver that makes them money. A good example of a profitable customer may need to be between the ages of 30 and 50, is a homeowner, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. Anybody that fits those parameters receive the lowest rate quotes in Chicago and will save when they switch companies.
Consumers who don’t meet those criteria will be charged higher prices and this can result in the customer not purchasing. The trick companies use is to say “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” can get the lowest rates when switching. This is how insurance companies can make claims like that. Because every company is different, drivers should compare free Chicago auto insurance quotes often. It’s just not possible to know which insurance company will have the lowest rates for your situation.
You can lower your car insurance rates
Consumers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, being labeled a high risk driver, extreme rates for teen drivers and even policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Some insurance companies may not offer online rate quotes and many times these small, regional companies sell through independent insurance agents. Budget-conscious Buick Lucerne insurance is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood Chicago agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
In this article, we covered many ways to find cheaper Buick Lucerne insurance in Chicago. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with the smaller companies.
More detailed car insurance information is available at these sites:
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chicago Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)