Want to learn how to save money and find the cheapest auto insurance rates in Chicago, IL? Chicago shoppers have many options when shopping for affordable Nissan Juke insurance. You can either spend your time contacting agents trying to get quotes or utilize the internet to get rate quotes. There are more efficient ways to compare auto insurance rates and we’ll show you the quickest way to get price quotes for a Nissan and obtain the lowest possible price from both online companies and Chicago agents.
Affordable companies for Nissan Juke insurance
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Illinois. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you get prices from several of them to get the lowest price.
Nissan Juke insurance discounts in Chicago
Car insurance companies don’t always list every discount very well, so we break down some of the best known as well as the least known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Chicago auto insurance online.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
- Student Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver’s ed class in school.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying coverage for multiple cars on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds who allow companies to spy on vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Low Miles Discount – Fewer annual miles on your Nissan can earn slightly better rates than normal.
- Good Student Discount – Being a good student may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- 21st Century has discounts for air bags, teen driver, student driver, driver training, 55 and older, and homeowners.
- State Farm offers discounts for safe vehicle, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, good student, accident-free, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- AAA has savings for multi-policy, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, multi-car, anti-theft, and good driver.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including hybrid vehicle, new graduate, new move discount, teen driver discount, preferred payment discount, and safety features.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
Before buying, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in every state.
When to talk to a local insurance agent
Certain consumers still like to talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find lower rates and also buy local.
Once you complete this simple form, the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to do any legwork because prices are sent to your email. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
When looking for a good Chicago insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies that you can select. Agencies in Chicago can either be independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can provide car insurance policies, but we need to point out why they differ since it may influence the type of agent you choose.
These type of agents can only provide one company’s prices such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. They are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Some consumers prefer to buy from the same agent for years partially due to the prominence of the brand rather than low rates.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Chicago willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Grace Murray – State Farm Insurance Agent
7035 W Grand Ave – Chicago, IL 60707 – (708) 453-1771 – View Map
- Peter Grande – State Farm Insurance Agent
1535 W Division St – Chicago, IL 60642 – (773) 270-4600 – View Map
- Russ Spinelli – State Farm Insurance Agent
1525 E 53rd St #727 – Chicago, IL 60615 – (773) 955-3133 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type do not have single company limitations and that is an advantage because they can write policies amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with smaller regional carriers that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Listed below are Chicago independent agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Thomas Ward Insurance Group
707 W Willow St – Chicago, IL 60614 – (312) 254-1500 – View Map
- ABI Insurance Agency
4806 N Milwaukee Ave – Chicago, IL 60630 – (773) 202-9666 – View Map
- Lakeview Insurance Agency, Ltd.
3438 N Southport Ave – Chicago, IL 60657 – (773) 871-8000 – View Map
Big names are not always cheapest
Illinois consumers can’t get away from all the ads for car insurance savings by companies like State Farm and Allstate. All the companies tend to make the same promise that drivers will save a bundle just by moving your coverage to them.
How is it possible that every company can sell you cheaper insurance coverage? Just pay attention to how they say it.
Car insurance companies have an ideal profile for the type of driver that earns them the most money. One example of a preferred risk could be a female over age 40, carries high limits, and insures a new vehicle. Any person who fits those characteristics will probably get cheap prices and is almost guaranteed to save a lot on Chicago Nissan Juke insurance if they switch.
Insureds who don’t measure up to those standards will see a higher premium which usually ends up with the customer not buying. The trick is to say “people who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” can save as much as they claim. That’s the way companies can claim big savings. This really illustrates why you really should do a price quote comparison at every renewal. It’s just not possible to know which company will give you lower rates than your current company.
Coverages available on your policy
Knowing the specifics of your auto insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Auto insurance terms can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims like hitting a mailbox, backing into a parked car, damaging your car on a curb and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your Juke to bring the cost down.
This provides protection from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 20/40/15 which means $20,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $40,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $15,000.
Liability can pay for things like attorney fees, emergency aid and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Illinois requires minimum liability limits of 20/40/15 but drivers should carry more coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Nissan Juke.
Since many Illinois drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (20/40/15 in Illinois), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as hitting a bird, vandalism, theft and damage from getting keyed. The highest amount your auto insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for immediate expenses for things like pain medications, prosthetic devices, ambulance fees and chiropractic care. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Cheap insurance is out there
When you buy Chicago auto insurance online, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, an insured dropped full coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including high prices, denial of a claim, not issuing a premium refund or even policy cancellation. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
The cheapest Nissan Juke insurance in Chicago is available from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agencies.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Chicago Car Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores in Chicago? (FAQ)
- How Much are Chicago Car Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Versa in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)