Finding better insurance prices for a Lincoln MKZ in Illinois can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can use our car insurance buying tips and make it easy.
There is a better way to find car insurance online and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for your Lincoln and obtain the best price possible from Chicago insurance agents and online providers.
It’s smart to take a look at other company’s rates before your next renewal since rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you think you had the lowest premium rates on Lincoln MKZ insurance in Chicago a year ago there may be better deals available now. There is too much inaccurate information about MKZ insurance online but you can learn the easiest ways to stop overpaying for insurance in Chicago.
If you are already insured or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these techniques to lower your rates while maintaining coverages. Comparison shopping for more affordable insurance policy in Chicago is easy to do. Drivers just have to use how to find the lowest price online.
Quote Chicago Lincoln MKZ insurance online
The companies in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Chicago, IL. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKZ 4-Dr Sedan||$160||$364||$334||$20||$100||$978||$82|
|MKZ AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$218||$540||$310||$18||$92||$1,178||$98|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in Chicago location which can lower or raise coverage rates considerably.
Lincoln MKZ insurance rates by gender in Chicago
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Lincoln MKZ insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Best reasons to buy insurance in Illinois
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Chicago, maintaining insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your MKZ, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Lincoln at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $750 every year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to save money.
Why Informed Drivers Pay Less for Lincoln MKZ Insurance
Many things are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating. Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the things that help calculate your policy premiums. When you understand what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find big savings.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
The type of car you drive affects your rates – The type of car or truck you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. The best insurance prices are usually for smaller low performance passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates. Due to the fact that the Lincoln MKZ is a luxury sedan, insuring your vehicle will cost more as compared to the average rate in Chicago.
Remove unneeded extra policy coverages – There are many add-on coverages that can add up on your auto insurance policy. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, towing coverage, and membership fees may be costing you every month. They may seem good initially, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate them to save money.
Cut prices and deter theft – Choosing to buy a car with an alarm system can save you some money. Theft deterrent systems such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can help prevent auto theft.
Gender as a rate factor – Over time, data shows females are less aggressive when driving. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. They both tend to get into at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also get higher numbers of serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
Car plus home equals more savings – The majority of insurance companies provide discounts for people that purchase more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, consumers should still compare other Chicago MKZ insurance rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still be able to save money by buying insurance from more than one company.
Teenagers are high risk – Teenage drivers in Illinois are statistically proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. More experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.
Annual mileage impacts premiums – Driving a lot of miles in a year the more it will cost to insure it. Almost all companies apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates than cars that get driven a lot. Double check that your auto insurance policy correctly shows the right rating data. Having the wrong rating on your MKZ is just wasting money.
Lincoln MKZ claim data – Insurers analyze the history of losses when setting premium rates. Vehicles that the data determines to have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for specific coverages. The table below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Lincoln MKZ vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Values that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or tendency to have higher losses.
Lincoln MKZ Insurance Loss Statistics
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lincoln MKZ 4dr 2WD||137||85||107||95||89||75|
|Lincoln MKZ 4dr 4WD||140||82||126||99|
|Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr||148||84||100||74||82||76|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Lincoln MKZ insurance in Chicago
Some insurance providers don’t always publicize the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and the harder-to-find credits available to you.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give better auto insurance rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers who don’t have accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Chicago car insurance quote when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up before driving could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not really a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual and GEICO will allow you to have one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Distant Student – Children living away from Chicago attending college without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to monitor when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Mature Driver Discount – Older drivers may receive lower premium rates.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more on MKZ insurance in Chicago.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with the same insurance company you may save up to 20% and get you the cheapest Lincoln MKZ insurance in Chicago.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
Auto insurance companies that may include most of the discounts above include:
Check with each company which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Chicago.
Get rate quotes but still have a local Chicago insurance agent
Many people still prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is a personal choice. Insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from local agencies is especially important in Chicago.
Upon completion of this short form, your information gets sent to agents in your area that provide free Chicago car insurance quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
If you prefer to buy car insurance from local Chicago agents, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance policy providers can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can write car insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the difference between them since it could factor into the selection process.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies and you stay with the same agent.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, we recommend you check rates from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with smaller mutual companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Chicago that can give you rate quotes.
- AArdvark Insurance Agency
1228 W Wilson Ave – Chicago, IL 60640 – (773) 961-8781 – View Map
- KSA Insurance Agency
7158 W Grand Ave – Chicago, IL 60707 – (773) 804-9000 – View Map
- Public Insurance Agency
3656 N Cicero Ave – Chicago, IL 60641 – (773) 725-9333 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are well schooled on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the prominent brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Chicago that are able to give price quote information.
- John Kim – State Farm Insurance Agent
5700 N Lincoln Ave #209 – Chicago, IL 60659 – (773) 561-1700 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
8549 S Cicero Ave – Chicago, IL 60652 – (773) 582-2886 – View Map
- Liane Williams – State Farm Insurance Agent
3143 W 71st St – Chicago, IL 60629 – (773) 436-7500 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agent should include more criteria than just the quoted price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- What companies can they write with?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Chicago?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
After receiving reasonable responses to all your questions and an affordable coverage quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agency that is professional and can adequately provide car insurance. But keep in mind you are able to cancel coverage at any point so never feel you’re contractually obligated to a specific company for the full term.
Cheaper car insurance rates are possible
Lower-priced car insurance in Chicago is available online and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop Chicago car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies don’t offer online rate quotes and many times these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, delays in responding to claim requests, policy cancellation and high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies is less work than it seems.
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to save on Lincoln MKZ insurance in Chicago. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Chicago Auto Insurance Quotes for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Chicago Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Uber Drivers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)