Trying to find the cheapest insurance rates in Chicago, IL? Chicago drivers have a choice when trying to find low-cost Mercury Montego insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents to compare prices or use the internet to get rate quotes. There is a right way and a wrong way to compare insurance rates and you need to know the best way to compare rates for a Mercury and find the lowest possible price.
If you already have coverage or need new coverage, you can learn to save money while maintaining coverages. Our goal in writing this article introduce you to the best way to buy inexpensive auto insurance and some tips to save money. Consumers just have to use the most efficient way to compare insurance rates from many different companies online.
Companies offering Mercury Montego insurance in Illinois
The providers in the list below can provide quotes in Chicago, IL. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Chicago Insurance Prices are Influenced by These Factors
It’s important that you understand some of the things that aid in calculating your policy premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that could help you find better insurance rates.
- Occupation and insurance rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Occupational choices like doctors, police officers, and emergency personnel are shown to have the highest rates attributed to job stress and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, careers like professors, athletes and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
- Teen drivers pay more – More experienced drivers are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable.Teen drivers have a tendency to be more careless with other occupants in the car so insurance rates are higher.
- Put fewer miles on your vehicle – Driving more miles annually the higher your rate. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time cost less to insure than those used for commuting. It’s a good idea to make sure your insurance policy is rated on the proper vehicle usage. A policy that improperly rates your Montego is just wasting money.
- Performance influences insurance premiums – The performance of the car you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. The lowest premiums are usually for smaller low performance passenger models, but your final cost has many other factors. Since the Mercury Montego is considered a sedan, insurance will be about the same as compared to the average rate in Chicago.
- Get better rates if married – Being married helps lower the price compared to being single. Marriage usually means you are less irresponsible and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Mercury Montego insurance in Chicago
Companies offering auto insurance do not list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Chicago auto insurance online. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive a small discount on rates.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Chicago auto insurance with select insurance companies.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Chicago auto insurance quote than drivers with accidents.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Distant College Student Discount – Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Larger insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- GEICO has discounts for membership and employees, anti-theft, good student, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, and federal employee.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including accident-free, multi-policy, multi-car, age of vehicle, professional/association, good driver, and annual mileage.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for early shopping, distant student, good student, electronic funds transfer, mature driver, and alternative fuel.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including multiple vehicles, anti-lock brakes, company car, paid in full, and group or association.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for new graduate, exclusive group savings, teen driver discount, new move discount, hybrid vehicle, new vehicle discount, and newly married.
- SAFECO discounts include safe driver, teen safe driver, bundle discounts, accident prevention training, anti-theft, and homeowner.
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- USAA has savings for defensive driver, good student, driver training, annual mileage, vehicle storage, multi-policy, and loyalty savings.
When getting free Chicago auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every prospective company to give you their best rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in your state. To locate insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Chicago, click this link.
Insurance agents can give valuable advice
Many drivers still like to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheap car insurance rates but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to agents in your area that can give you free Chicago auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking an company should depend on more than just the price. Any agent in Chicago should have no problem answering these questions:
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Chicago?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
Listed below are Chicago car insurance companies that may be willing to give price quote information for Mercury Montego insurance in Chicago.
- KSA Insurance Agency
7158 W Grand Ave – Chicago, IL 60707 – (773) 804-9000 – View Map
- ABI Insurance Agency
4806 N Milwaukee Ave – Chicago, IL 60630 – (773) 202-9666 – View Map
- Neal Gallo – State Farm Insurance Agent
6666 N Western Ave – Chicago, IL 60645 – (773) 743-6565 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
8549 S Cicero Ave – Chicago, IL 60652 – (773) 582-2886 – View Map
Smart shoppers get results
We just covered many tips how you can get a better price on Mercury Montego insurance in Chicago. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Mercury Montego rate quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest prices are with a small local company.
Low-cost Mercury Montego insurance in Chicago can be sourced on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agents.
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, extreme rates for teen drivers, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and denial of a claim. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Single Moms in Chicago? (FAQ)
- How Much is Chicago Car Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)