Want to learn how to buy more affordable Volkswagen Golf insurance in Chicago? There isn’t anyone who fancies paying their premiums for insurance, especially knowing the cost is way too high.
Shocking but true, the vast majority of drivers have been with the same company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Drivers in the United States can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but most just don’t grasp the actual amount they would save if they switch to a new company. Due to the abundance of options when it comes to insurance, it is very difficult to pick a lower cost insurance company.
You should make it a habit to price shop coverage periodically because insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you got the best price on Volkswagen Golf insurance in Chicago on your last policy other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because it’s time to teach you the best way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Best companies for Volkswagen Golf insurance
The providers in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Chicago, IL. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Golf 2.5 2-Dr Hatchback||$158||$340||$250||$14||$76||$838||$70|
|Golf 2.5 4-Dr Hatchback||$160||$332||$294||$18||$88||$892||$74|
|Golf 2.0T Turbo Diesel 2-Dr Hatchback||$160||$364||$274||$16||$82||$896||$75|
|Golf 2.0T Turbo Diesel 4-Dr Hatchback||$218||$468||$294||$18||$88||$1,086||$91|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in specific location which can raise or lower insurance rates significantly.
Comparison of policy deductibles
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Volkswagen Golf insurance rates for different insured age categories. The information is based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The example below illustrates the comparison of Volkswagen Golf insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The rate quotes are based on no violations or claims, $1,000 deductibles, married male driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There isn’t a steadfast formula of when to eliminate physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Volkswagen Golf claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premium cost is more than $700 annually to have full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Volkswagen Golf insurance premiums by gender
The diagram below shows the comparison of Volkswagen Golf yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no claims or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Volkswagen Golf Insurance Premiums Can Be Reduced
Lots of factors are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, although others are more transparent such as your credit history and annual miles driven. A large part of saving on insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that help determine your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that can help you get better insurance rates.
- How much liability do you need? – The liability section of your policy kicks in when you are found to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. This coverage provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Reduce prices by driving safer cars – Vehicles with high crash test scores cost less to insure. Vehicles built for safety result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection means your insurance company pays less and cheaper rates on your policy. If the Volkswagen Golf scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
- Fast cars cost more to insure – The make and model of the car you need to insure makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. Due to the fact that the Volkswagen Golf is considered a compact car, insuring your vehicle will cost the same to a little lower than the average rate where you live in Chicago. The lowest performance passenger models usually are quite affordable to insure, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Being married reduces risk – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on your policy. Having a significant other may mean you are more mature and responsible and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Use credit responsibly and save – Credit history factor in calculating your premium rate. Insureds with excellent credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings. If your credit can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Volkswagen Golf by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Urban residents pay more – Being located in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a positive aspect when shopping for auto insurance. Lower population means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. People in densely populated areas tend to have more road rage incidents and longer commute times. Spending more time driving means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Fewer miles means better prices – The higher the mileage driven annually the more you’ll pay to insure it. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s a good idea to make sure your insurance declarations sheet states the proper vehicle usage. Incorrect rating for your Golf is just wasting money.
- Volkswagen Golf insurance claim data – Insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that historically have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher rates. The next table illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Volkswagen Golf vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is represented as 100. Values that are 100 or less imply a favorable loss record, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Volkswagen Golf Insurance Claim Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Golf 109 97
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Take advantage of these discounts on Volkswagen Golf insurance in Chicago
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain credits will be shown when you quote, but a few need to be inquired about in order for you to get them. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Chicago and do not have a car could get you a discount.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used Golf can get you a discount because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Accident Waiver – This one isn’t a discount, but certain companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may earn at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with substantially lower prices.
- Own a Home and Save – Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on insurance since owning and maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
Remember that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for early bird, theft prevention, air bags, student driver, homeowners, anti-lock brakes, and good student.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, and multi-policy.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, multiple autos, accident-free, driver’s education, defensive driving training, multiple policy, and passive restraint.
- Nationwide has savings for multi-policy, good student, Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, and business or organization.
- Esurance has discounts for online shopper, safety device, good driver, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, and Pac-12 alumni.
- The Hartford may include discounts for bundle, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, good student, and driver training.
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts listed above might not apply in Chicago. To view providers that offer multiple discounts in Illinois, click this link.
When should I contact an insurance agency?
Many drivers still prefer to talk to a local agent and that is not a bad decision Most agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this short form, the quote information gets sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home because prices are sent instantly to you. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, just navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an company requires more thought than just a cheap quote. A good agent in Chicago will have answers to these questions.
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
If you are wanting to find a local Chicago insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they function. Insurance agencies in Chicago are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can sell and service insurance coverage, but it is important to understand how they are different because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are usually well trained on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below are Chicago exclusive agencies who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Glenda Tolentino-Moser – State Farm Insurance Agent
2015 W Montrose Ave – Chicago, IL 60618 – (773) 549-3300 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents can quote rates with many companies so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rate quotes, you need to get quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Chicago that can give you rate quotes.
Quote. Compare. Save.
Cheap Volkswagen Golf insurance in Chicago is attainable on the web and from local agencies, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not have rate quotes online and usually these regional carriers prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to get a better price on Volkswagen Golf insurance in Chicago. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with the least-expected company. These smaller insurers often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
When getting Chicago auto insurance quotes online, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
More detailed auto insurance information can be found in the articles below:
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Chicago Auto Insurance for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest After a Speeding Ticket in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Ram in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)