Want more affordable insurance rates in Chicago, IL? Chicago shoppers have options when shopping for the best price on Lexus NX 300h insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents trying to get quotes or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for insurance and we’ll show you the best way to price shop coverage for your Lexus and get the lowest price either online or from Chicago insurance agents.
It’s smart to compare premium rates yearly because insurance prices trend upward over time. Even if you think you had the lowest price on Lexus NX 300h insurance in Chicago six months ago there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re going to learn how to use the internet to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Chicago, IL. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, paying for auto insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Lexus has a lien holder, most lenders will stipulate that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Lexus at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Lexus as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in Illinois overpays as much as $810 a year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Determine discounts to get cheap Chicago insurance rates
Some insurance providers do not list the entire discount list very clearly, so the next list breaks down both the well known and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Older drivers may receive a discount up to 10%.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Student in College – Kids who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy early. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a house in Chicago can save you money because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Life Insurance – Larger insurance companies have a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but certain companies will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
You can save money using discounts, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
To view companies that offer many of these discounts in Chicago, click here.
Car insurance agents near you
Many drivers still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and also buy local. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is still important in Chicago.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to agents in your area who want to provide quotes to get your business. There is no reason to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, just find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
If you want a local Chicago insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Agents in Chicago may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can sell car insurance policies, but it’s important to know how they differ since it could factor into the selection process.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are not employed by one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. If prices rise, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency. When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many independent agencies also insure through companies that do not advertise much which can be an advantage.
Featured below are independent agencies in Chicago that may be able to give rate quotes.
- Amigo Insurance Agency
5902 W Fullerton Ave – Chicago, IL 60639 – (877) 999-2644 – View Map
- Lakeview Insurance Agency, Ltd.
3438 N Southport Ave – Chicago, IL 60657 – (773) 871-8000 – View Map
- Illinois Vehicle Auto Insurance (Xpert)
1858 W 18th St – Chicago, IL 60608 – (312) 226-1033 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers often use the same agent primarily because of the brand instead of buying on price only.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Chicago that can give you rate quotes.
- Tamika Echols – State Farm Insurance Agent
1611 N Clybourn Ave – Chicago, IL 60614 – (312) 944-9700 – View Map
- Bill Dillard – State Farm Insurance Agent
516 W Diversey Pkwy – Chicago, IL 60614 – (773) 549-2605 – View Map
- Dwayne Jackson – State Farm Insurance Agent
1345 W Taylor St – Chicago, IL 60607 – (312) 455-0675 – View Map
Choosing the best auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Illinois?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
After you get positive feedback to all your questions and locked in a price quote, you may have found an insurance agency that can be relied on to properly insure your vehicles.
When to get professional advice
When it comes to the best insurance coverage, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if you might need professional guidance.
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- What is GAP insurance?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Quote more to save more
Cheaper Lexus NX 300h insurance in Chicago is possible from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not provide rate quotes online and usually these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agencies.
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an insured cut physical damage coverage only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.
To learn more, take a look at these articles:
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Homeowners in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)