Would you like to stop overpaying and find more competitive Audi A7 insurance in Chicago? Are you regretting buying an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? Trust us, there are many Chicago consumers feeling the pinch from expensive car insurance.
Sad but true, the vast majority of car insurance customers kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Chicago insurance shoppers can save approximately 40% each year, but most tend to underestimate the large savings they would see if they bought a different policy. There is such a variety of insurers to purchase coverage from, and even though it’s nice to have a selection, so many choices can make it hard to find the lowest cost provider for Audi A7 insurance in Chicago.
Buying the best-priced policy in Chicago is not as hard as you think. If you are already insured or want to find a cheaper company, you can use these tips to reduce premiums and possibly find even better coverage. Comparison shoppers only need to know the most effective way to compare different rates from many companies at once.
Lower Your Chicago Insurance Costs
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find better auto insurance rates. Multiple criteria are used when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but others are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
The items below are some of the items companies use to determine premiums.
Lower prices with theft deterrents – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention features like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all aid in stopping vehicle theft.
Big cities mean more claims – Being located in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. City drivers have to deal with more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Having a spouse is a good thing – Having a significant other can actually save you money compared to being single. Having a significant other means you’re more responsible and insurance companies like that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Get a ticket, pay higher premiums – Having a clean driving record has a big impact on rates. Good drivers get better prices compared to drivers with tickets. Even one ticket can boost insurance rates substantially. Drivers who have received serious violations such as DUI or reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
Premiums are lower the older you get – More mature drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Young drivers are known to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
Claims statistics for an Audi A7 – Insurers analyze the history of losses to help determine costs. Vehicles that have increased claim numbers or amounts will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below demonstrates the loss history for Audi A7 vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, equals 100. Values under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentages above 100 indicate frequent claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Audi A7 Models
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi A7 4dr 4WD||207||76||208||50||49||76|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
The majority of larger companies like State Farm and Allstate allow consumers to get coverage prices direct online. Doing online quotes for Audi A7 insurance in Chicago can be done by anyone because it’s just a matter of typing in your coverage preferences as detailed in the form. When complete, their system automatically orders your credit score and driving record and provides a quote. Using the web to get rate quotes for Audi A7 insurance in Chicago simplifies rate comparisons, and it is important to perform this step if you are searching for cheaper car insurance pricing.
In order to find out what other companies charge, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you enter the insurance coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This ensures you will have a fair comparison based on similar coverages.
The providers in the list below offer comparison quotes in Illinois. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Why you need A7 insurance in Illinois
Despite the high cost, buying auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, almost every bank will require you to have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Audi at a much higher premium rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying over $820 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Chicago insurance discounts
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but some must be asked for before being credited.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Own a Home – Owning your own home or condo can save you money because it is proof that your finances are in order.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current A7 insurance policy expiration. You could save around 10% when you buy Chicago auto insurance online.
- Distant Student – Older children who live away from home at college and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Completing a defensive driving course is a good idea and can lower rates and also improve your driving technique.
As a sidenote, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, multi-vehicle, good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- GEICO may offer discounts for federal employee, five-year accident-free, good student, emergency military deployment, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good student, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, multiple policy, and multiple autos.
- Esurance offers discounts including safety device, anti-lock brakes, good driver, claim free, and Pac-12 alumni.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for good student, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, driver training, air bag, anti-theft, and bundle.
If you want low cost Chicago auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts might not apply in your area. If you would like to view insurers who offer online Audi A7 insurance quotes in Chicago, click here to view.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Chicago car insurance agents?
Some consumers would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still have a local agent. Supporting local agents is important particularly in Chicago.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Chicago that provide free Chicago auto insurance quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you can always search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding a good company requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- How often do they review coverages?
More effort can pay off
When buying insurance coverage, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
Cost effective Audi A7 insurance is available online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents.
Additional learning opportunities
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chicago Auto Insurance for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback in Chicago? (FAQ)
- How Much are Chicago Auto Insurance Rates for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)