Did you come to the realization that you have high-priced Ford Freestyle insurance in Chicago? Don’t feel bad because there are many Chicago drivers thinking the same thing.
Unimaginable but true, almost 70% of drivers kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates with other companies. Illinois consumers could save nearly 40% a year just by shopping around, but they won’t spend time to save money by comparing rate quotes. Many insurers compete for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer to discover the definitive lowest rate possible on Ford Freestyle insurance in Chicago.
You should make it a habit to price shop coverage once or twice a year because prices fluctuate regularly. Even if you got the best price on Ford Freestyle insurance in Chicago at your last renewal you can probably find a lower rate today. You can find a lot of wrong information about Freestyle insurance on the web, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn the best ways to quit paying high insurance rates in Chicago.
Auto insurance providers offering low-cost prices in Illinois
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Chicago, IL. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
How Your Freestyle Insurance Rates are Determined
Many things are considered when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but others are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or your commute time.
- Urban residents pay more – Living in a small town may provide you with better prices if you are looking for the lowest rates. Drivers in populated areas tend to have more traffic problems and longer commute times. Fewer drivers and short commutes means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Annual mileage and car insurance prices – Driving more miles in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Cars left parked in the garage receive better premium rates than those used for commuting. It’s always a good idea to double check that your declarations sheet shows the correct driver usage. An improperly rated Freestyle may be wasting your money.
- Experienced drivers pay less – Teen drivers in Illinois have a tendency to get distracted easily in a vehicle so car insurance rates are higher. Older insureds are more cautious drivers, cost insurance companies less in claims, and usually have better credit.
- Accidents drive up premiums – Being a careful driver impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Even a single chargeable violation could increase your next policy renewal to the point where it’s not affordable. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. People who have severe violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find that they have to to complete a SR-22 with their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Battle of the sexes – Statistics demonstrate that females take fewer risks when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. They both get in auto accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also get ticketed for serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Do you really need the add-on coverages? – There are many additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your car insurance policy. Things like replacement cost coverage, towing coverage, and term life insurance may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good at first, but if you don’t need them remove them and pocket the money.
- Is your car built for speed? – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you are insuring makes a significant difference in determining your rates. The lowest rates tend to be for economy passenger models, but many other things help determine your insurance rates. Since the Ford Freestyle is considered a crossover, insurance will be slightly more when compared to the average rates in Chicago.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Ford Freestyle insurance in Chicago
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might find some hidden discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some trigger automatically at quote time, but a few must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education in school.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Professional Organizations – Belonging to specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates on insurance.
- Military Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better rates.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Mature drivers could receive lower premium rates.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on the same insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Driver Safety – Taking a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
For a list of companies who offer discounts in Illinois, follow this link.
When should I have guidance from an insurance agency?
Many drivers would prefer to buy from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Experienced insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from local agencies is important particularly in Chicago.
By using this simple form, the quote information is sent to companies in Chicago who will return price quotes for your business. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you. If for some reason you want to get a price quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
What types of car insurance agents are in Chicago?
If you’re trying to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Car insurance agencies are categorized either independent or exclusive. Either can insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know how they are different because it can impact the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not employed by one company so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, it’s a good idea to check rates from multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Chicago that may be able to give cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents are contracted to one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. They are well trained on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below are Chicago exclusive agencies that are able to give price quote information.
Greg King – State Farm Insurance Agent
5508 S Lake Park Ave – Chicago, IL 60637 – (773) 643-6200 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- How long has their agency been in business in Chicago?
When quoting and comparing the best auto insurance coverage, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Find affordable auto insurance rates by comparing often
Low-cost Ford Freestyle insurance in Chicago is available from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some auto insurance companies do not offer price quotes online and many times these regional carriers work with independent agents.
As you quote Chicago auto insurance, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Drivers leave their current company for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, lack of trust in their agent, policy non-renewal or questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company can be easier than you think.
Additional detailed information is located by following these links:
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Chicago Auto Insurance for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a GMC Sierra in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chicago Auto Insurance for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)