Having to pay for pricey Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Chicago can bleed your funds and make it tough to pay other bills. Comparison shopping is a great way to lower your monthly bill.
It’s amazing but the vast majority of car insurance customers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Most drivers in Illinois can cut their rates by up to $600 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Big companies like GEICO, Farmers Insurance and State Farm continually bombard you with fancy advertisements and it can be hard to ignore the flashy ads and do the work needed to find the best deal.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to save money using the concepts covered in this article. Locating the best rates in Chicago is easy if you know what you’re doing. Although Illinois car owners do need to know how big insurance companies calculate your policy premium because rates are impacted by many factors.
Verify you’re receiving every discount
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may find discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be requested specifically before they will apply. If you don’t get every credit possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your auto and home policies with the same insurance company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on car insurance.
- Good Grades Discount – Being a good student can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings up to 30%.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts in comparison to policyholders that have many claims.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Government Employees – Federal government employees can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Sign Online – Some of the larger companies provide a small discount shop Chicago car insurance digitally online.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts will lower your policy premiums.
A partial list of companies that have many of the previously listed discounts include:
Check with every prospective company to give you their best rates. Some discounts might not apply in your state.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from companies that offer car insurance in Illinois. The fastest way to find cheaper rates is to jump online and get quotes.
Comparing free rate quotes online is easy and it, replaces the need to waste gas driving to insurance agents’ offices. Quoting and buying Ford Shelby GT350 insurance online makes this unnecessary unless you have a complicated situation and need the professional abilities of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. However, consumers can find lower rates online but still have the advice of a local agent. When comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing a wide range of rates helps you find the best price. Some smaller insurers do not give Chicago Shelby GT350 insurance quotes online, so it’s necessary to compare rates from the smaller companies as well.
The following companies provide free rate quotes in Illinois. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
There’s no such thing as the perfect insurance policy
When it comes to the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- If my car is totalled with they pay enough to replace it?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Shop online but buy locally
A lot of people still like to buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get lower rates and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for local agents is important particularly in Chicago.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that can give you free Chicago car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to find an agent on your own because prices are sent to you. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Chicago
If you want a reputable agency, you should know the types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Chicago agents are classified as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not employed by any specific company and that gives them the ability to insure through many different car insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Chicago who may be able to give you price quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Chicago who can help you get price quote information.
Deciding on an insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
If you feel you receive good responses to your questions and a low price estimate, you may have found a car insurance agent that meets your needs to properly insure your vehicles.
How much can you save?
Cheap Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Chicago can be found on the web as well as from independent agents in Chicago, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not offer internet price quotes and usually these small insurance companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
In this article, we presented many ideas to reduce Ford Shelby GT350 insurance auto insurance rates online in Chicago. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
Additional car insurance information can be found at these links:
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Chicago Car Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)