Pricey auto insurance in Chicago can diminish your savings account and force you to prioritize other expenses. Comparison shopping is recommended to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
Shocking but true, nearly 70% of customers have remained with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Most drivers in Illinois could cut their rates by about 40% a year by just shopping around, but they underestimate the amount of money they would save if they changed companies.
There is such a variety of auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and even though it’s nice to have a choice, it can be more challenging to find the lowest rates for Buick Enclave insurance in Chicago.
Smart consumers take time to price shop coverage before your next renewal due to the fact that insurance rates trend upward over time. If you had the lowest premium rates on Buick Enclave insurance in Chicago two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to learn one of the best ways to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Smart Buyers Can Save Money
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but others are less obvious such as your marital status or your financial responsibility. It’s important that you understand the different types of things that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower premium levels.
Listed below are some of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your premiums.
- Responsible drivers pay less – How you drive can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Even one driving citation may cause rates to rise by as much as twenty percent. Attentive drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers with careless violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Your spouse saves you money – Getting married may cut your premiums on your policy. It is viewed as being more mature and statistics show married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Know your credit rating – Credit score is likely to be a major factor in your rate calculation. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with lower ratings. If your credit is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your Buick Enclave if you clean up your credit.
- Men pay more for insurance coverage – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. It does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men are responsible for fender benders in similar numbers, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. Men also tend to receive more major tickets like reckless driving and DUI.
- Buick Enclave statistical loss data – Car insurance companies use claims history when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that tend to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more for specific coverages. The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Buick Enclave vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole equals 100. Numbers below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Buick Enclave Models
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Enclave 4dr 2WD 85 101 83 67 63 81 Buick Enclave 4dr 4WD 93 110 92 64 62 84
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
When shopping for Buick Enclave insurance in Chicago there are multiple ways of comparing rate quotes from companies that offer insurance in Illinois. The easiest way to find cheaper Buick Enclave rates is to jump online and get quotes.
It’s so easy to compare quotes online that it takes the place of having to waste gas driving to local Chicago insurance agencies. The ability to get quotes online makes this unnecessary unless you have a complicated situation and need the guidance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. Although, it is possible obtain prices from the web but buy the policy through an agent. Keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes provides better odds of finding a better price.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Chicago, IL. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Enclave CX 2WD||$208||$368||$268||$16||$80||$940||$78|
|Enclave CX AWD||$252||$492||$352||$20||$106||$1,222||$102|
|Enclave XL 2WD||$176||$332||$246||$14||$74||$842||$70|
|Enclave XL AWD||$198||$340||$250||$14||$76||$878||$73|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in zip code location which can raise or lower coverage prices considerably.
Annual premiums comparing men and women in Chicago
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Buick Enclave auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no violations or accidents, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Comparison of policy deductibles
The example below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can change Buick Enclave annual premium costs for different age groups. The prices are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Protect your Buick vehicle and other assets
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Buick Enclave in Chicago, auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Buick at a significantly higher premium and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Save money on Buick Enclave insurance in Chicago with these car insurance discounts
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for before being credited.
- Military Rewards – Being on active deployment in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
- Sign Online – A few car insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on the web.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Chicago and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works.
The best car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA offers discounts including multi-policy, good student, education and occupation, multi-car, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for homeowner, youthful driver, teen driver, good student, alternative fuel, distant student, and multi-car.
- GEICO has savings for daytime running lights, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, air bags, and emergency military deployment.
- Esurance discounts include renters, safety device, anti-lock brakes, claim free, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for multi-car, anti-theft, drive less, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, and teen safety rewards.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple policy, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, and good driver.
If you want inexpensive Chicago car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply everywhere.
Local neighborhood agents and insurance
Some consumers would rather get advice from a local agent and we recommend doing that A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Chicago.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is submitted to companies in Chicago that can give you free Chicago car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to leave your house since price quotes are sent to you instantly. You can find better rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you need to compare prices from one company in particular, you would need to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you are wanting to find an insurance agent, you should know the different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Agents can either be exclusive or independent.
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part. When comparing rates, you need to include independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Chicago that can give you competitive price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are usually well trained on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Chicago who can help you get rate quotes.
Finding the right auto insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
Cheap insurance rates are available
Some insurance companies may not have rates over the internet and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent agents. Cheaper Buick Enclave insurance in Chicago can be bought from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to find out that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teachers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a GMC Sierra in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)