Locating the cheapest insurance for a Buick LaCrosse in Illinois could be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks and make it easy. There are more efficient ways to shop for insurance so you’re going to learn the quickest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Buick and obtain the lowest possible price from both online companies and Chicago agents.
It is always a good idea to take a look at other company’s rates quite often due to the fact that insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price on Buick LaCrosse insurance in Chicago at your last renewal other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because I’m going to teach you how to use online quotes to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Cheapest Buick insurance prices in Chicago
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Chicago, IL. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lacrosse CXL AWD||$196||$392||$250||$14||$76||$928||$77|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in specific garaging location which can alter coverage prices considerably.
How much more does full coverage cost in Chicago?
The information below illustrates the difference between Buick LaCrosse yearly insurance costs with and without full coverage. The data is based on no accidents or driving violations, $500 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no exact formula for phasing out physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Buick LaCrosse book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $500 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
How accidents and tickets impact rates
The illustration below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault claims can increase Buick LaCrosse annual premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The prices are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Males versus Females
The chart below shows the comparison of Buick LaCrosse premium costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no violations or accidents, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Affordable Chicago insurance quotes with discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may be missing some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but less common discounts must be asked about before being credited.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car model can get you a discount because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims get the best insurance rates as compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Buick can qualify you for lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens could receive lower premium rates.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Early Signing – Select insurance companies give a discount for signing up before your current LaCrosse insurance policy expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Chicago auto insurance online.
Don’t be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- State Farm has savings for anti-theft, defensive driving training, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, and multiple autos.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for newly married, multi-car, preferred payment discount, exclusive group savings, and good student.
- American Family offers discounts including good driver, bundled insurance, defensive driver, early bird, and good student.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for distant student, business and professional, electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, bundle discounts, early shopping, and pay in full.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for paid in full, safe vehicle, group or association, multiple vehicles, air bags, and mature driver.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include accident prevention training, teen safe driver, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and drive less.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Buick LaCrosse rate quotes, ask every company which discounts you qualify for. Some credits might not apply in Chicago.
Will just any policy work for me?
When quoting and comparing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions might point out if your situation might need professional guidance.
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
You may need help from a local insurance agent
A small number of people just prefer to buy from a local agent and that is a smart decision Good insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheaper premium rates and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Chicago who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. If you want to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Chicago should have no problem answering these questions:
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- How many years have they been established?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Illinois?
After talking to the agent and getting positive feedback to these questions and an acceptable price quote, you may have just found a company that is professional and can properly service your auto insurance policy. But keep in mind you are entitled to cancel your coverage at any time so never assume you are locked into any particular company for the entire policy term.
Don’t listen to company ads
Illinois consumers can’t ignore all the ads for cheaper auto insurance from the likes of State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. All the companies seem to make the promise that people will save after switching your policy.
How does every auto insurance company charge you less for car insurance? Here is the trick they use.
Many companies require specific criteria for the type of driver that will be a good risk. A good example of this type of driver might have to be between the ages of 30 and 50, has other policies, and the vehicle is rated for pleasure use. Any driver who matches those parameters will probably get cheap premium rates and will cut their Buick LaCrosse insurance rates if they switch.
Potential customers who don’t meet this ideal profile will probably have to pay a higher rate which usually ends up with the customer not buying. The trick is to say “drivers that switch” not “everyone who quotes” can save as much as they claim. That’s why companies can advertise the way they do. That is why it’s extremely important to get price quotes at each policy renewal. Because without a comparison, you cannot know which auto insurance company will have the lowest Buick LaCrosse insurance in Chicago.
Shop around and save
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like delays in paying claims, high rates after DUI convictions, policy non-renewal and policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is actually quite simple.
When you buy Chicago auto insurance online, never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, drivers have reduced full coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
There are still a few companies who may not offer online price quotes and many times these smaller companies work with local independent agencies. Cheaper Buick LaCrosse insurance in Chicago is definitely available on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to compare both so you have a total pricing picture.
Much more information about insurance in Illinois can be found below:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Chicago Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Good Drivers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Ram in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Chicago? (FAQ)
- How Much are Chicago Auto Insurance Rates for Nurses? (FAQ)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)