How long has it been since the last time you looked for low-cost Buick Regal insurance in Chicago? Are you sick and tired of wondering where the money will come from to make your insurance payment? You’re in the same situation as millions of other people.
Amazlingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that the majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Chicago consumers could pocket about 40% a year just by shopping around, but they won’t spend time to compare rates and save money.
Many insurers compete to insure your vehicles, so it’s not easy to compare every provider to get the best rates possible on Buick Regal insurance in Chicago.
If you are already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce the price you pay using the following tips. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Chicago can be easy if you know a few tricks. Although Illinois vehicle owners can benefit from knowing the way companies determine what you pay and use this information to your advantage.
Companies offering Buick Regal insurance in Illinois
The companies in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Chicago, IL. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Chicago insurance discounts for a Buick Regal
Auto insurance companies don’t always list every discount very well, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized and the harder-to-find ways to save on auto insurance. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers that enable driving data submission to track vehicle usage by using a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get a small discount on rates.
- Accident Free – Chicago drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on Chicago auto insurance quote in comparison to policyholders that have many claims.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or former government employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Early Switch Discount – A few larger companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. You can save around 10% with this discount.
Don’t be surprised that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any amount of discount should help lower the amount you have to pay.
Large auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- American Family may include discounts for defensive driver, mySafetyValet, good student, TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, and Steer into Savings.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for 55 and retired, driver training, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe driver.
- State Farm offers discounts including driver’s education, student away at school, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, good driver, and anti-theft.
- Travelers may offer discounts for good student, home ownership, multi-car, continuous insurance, payment discounts, early quote, and IntelliDrive.
- The Hartford has savings for vehicle fuel type, air bag, defensive driver, bundle, and good student.
- GEICO may have discounts that include good student, driver training, defensive driver, multi-policy, and emergency military deployment.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, good student, homeowner, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
Check with each company or agent which discounts they offer. Some credits might not apply in Chicago. For a list of auto insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in Illinois, click this link.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage online or from an agent, there is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions may help highlight whether you might need professional guidance.
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Illinois?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Buick Regal?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Insurance agent or online?
A small number of people just want to get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, the quote information is emailed to companies in Chicago that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to visit any agencies because prices are sent straight to your inbox. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Picking an insurer requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- How long has their agency been open in Chicago?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
More effort can pay off
Cheaper Buick Regal insurance in Chicago is attainable on the web and from local agencies, so you need to shop Chicago auto insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies work with independent insurance agents.
You just learned a lot of techniques to reduce Buick Regal insurance rates online in Chicago. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Buick Regal insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company. They may have significantly lower auto insurance rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
Additional car insurance information can be read at the links below
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- How Much are Chicago Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)