Want cheaper auto insurance rates in Bolingbrook, IL? Bolingbrook shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for affordable car insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to get rate quotes. There are more efficient ways to buy auto insurance and we'll show you the quickest way to get price quotes for a and locate the best price possible from both online companies and Bolingbrook agents.
If you have a current car insurance policy or just want a better rate, use these cost-cutting techniques to reduce the price you pay without reducing coverage. Our goal in writing this article familiarize you with the best way to quote coverages. Smart buyers just have to learn the proper methods to compare different rates from many different companies.
The quickest method to compare car insurance company rates is to know all the major auto insurance companies allow for online access to provide you with free rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is provide details including whether you are married, whether you have decent credit, how much coverage you want, and how much education you have. That rating data is then sent to insurance companies and you will get price comparisons almost instantly.
To start a rate quote now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Illinois. If the list has multiple companies, it's highly recommended you get rates from several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Malibu LS||$690||$345||$58|
|Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$942||$471||$79|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$750||$375||$63|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$602||$301||$50|
|Ford F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$870||$435||$73|
|Ford Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$872||$436||$73|
|Honda Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,056||$528||$88|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$784||$392||$65|
|Honda Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$676||$338||$56|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD||$908||$454||$76|
|Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2-Dr||$664||$332||$55|
|Mazda 3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$748||$374||$62|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$902||$451||$75|
|Nissan Rogue SL 2WD||$1,094||$547||$91|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,168||$584||$97|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,086||$543||$91|
|Toyota RAV4 4WD||$820||$410||$68|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can affect coverage rates greatly.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The diagram below shows the comparison of Ford F-150 insurance premiums with and without physical damage coverage. The premiums assume no claims or driving citations, $250 deductibles, single male driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Ford F-150 rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no definitive formula of when to phase out full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Ford F-150 claim settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premium cost is more than $300 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are a few cases where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Bolingbrook insurance premiums by gender and age
The illustration below compares auto insurance costs for male and female drivers in Bolingbrook. The data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in on a Ford Escape Limited.
Ford Escape rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Are you obtaining every discount?
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may be missing some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain credits will be shown when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be asked for before you get the savings.
- No Claim Discounts - Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less as opposed to bad drivers.
- Discount for New Cars - Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Bolingbrook Homeowners Pay Less - Just owning your own home can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Cautious Driver Discount - Drivers who don't get into accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the medical payments premium.
- Military Discounts - Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- 55 and Retired - If you're over the age of 55, you may receive reduced rates.
- Onboard Data Collection - Drivers that enable data collection to scrutinize their driving habits by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don't profit that way.
The best car insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA has discounts for anti-theft, good driver, multi-policy, good student, AAA membership discount, and pay-in-full.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for youthful driver, electronic funds transfer, bundle discounts, alternative fuel, multi-car, switch companies, and good student.
- GEICO has savings for multi-policy, five-year accident-free, good student, anti-lock brakes, and multi-vehicle.
- Esurance discounts include Switch & Save, multi-car, Pac-12 alumni, renters, online shopper, defensive driver, and online quote.
- SAFECO may include discounts for teen safe driver, multi-car, homeowner, drive less, and safe driver.
- State Farm may have discounts that include safe vehicle, multiple autos, anti-theft, student away at school, passive restraint, good driver, and good student.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent which discounts they offer. Discounts may not be offered in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of car insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Bolingbrook, click here to view.
What impacts Bolingbrook auto insurance rates?
When buying car insurance it's important to understand some of the factors that play a part in calculating car insurance rates. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you lower car insurance prices. Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but some are more obscure such as whether you are married or your commute time.
The list below includes a few of the things that factor into prices.
- A coverage lapse can increase prices - Driving without insurance is a misdemeanor and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may then be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Illinois motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Good drivers pay less - A bad driving record has a big impact on rates. Good drivers have lower premiums compared to bad drivers. Even one citation may cause rates to rise by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who have license-revoking tickets like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to maintain a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Less chance of injury means lower prices - Vehicles that have high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Highly rated vehicles protect occupants better and lower injury rates translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates.
- The type of car makes a difference - The performance of the car or truck you are insuring makes a substantial difference in your rates. Low performance passenger vehicles normally have pretty low rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Teenagers are high risk - More mature drivers are more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable.Teenage drivers tend to be careless and easily distracted when driving with friends so car insurance rates are higher.
- Certain vocations pay higher rates - Occupations like military generals, police officers, and financial analysts generally pay the highest average rates in part from job stress and extremely grueling work hours. Other careers such as scientists, athletes and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
- Costs increase with policy add-ons - Insurance policies have a lot of extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren't diligent. Coverage for things like rental car reimbursement, accidental death, and extra life insurance coverage are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment when discussing your needs, but if you don't need them consider taking them off your policy.
Should I get advice from an agent?
Some people would rather visit with an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Most agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. If you want to compare prices for a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
Quote more to save more
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, denial of a claim, poor customer service and delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn't matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Bolingbrook is available online and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies don't offer online price quotes and many times these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to lower your auto insurance rates in Bolingbrook. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with the least-expected company.
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Veterans in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Versa in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)