Do you want to save money by buying the cheapest Dodge Charger insurance in Chicago? Are you at wits end from paying out the nose to make your car insurance payment? You are in the same boat as most other drivers in Illinois.
Sadly, a large majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Chicago drivers could save roughly 40% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don’t understand how much they could save if they bought a different policy.
Drivers have so many car insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and though it is a good thing to have multiple companies, it can be more difficult to find the lowest cost provider for Dodge Charger insurance in Chicago.
It’s important to get comparison quotes on a regular basis since prices change frequently. Just because you had the best deal on Dodge Charger insurance in Chicago six months ago a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re going to learn how to use online quotes to lower your annual insurance bill.
How to buy Dodge Charger insurance online
Most of the larger companies allow you to get coverage prices directly from their websites. Getting quotes for Dodge Charger insurance in Chicago is quite simple as you simply type in the amount of coverage you want as requested by the quote form. After you complete the form, their system pulls information on your driving record and credit history and provides a quote determined by many factors. Getting online price quotes for Dodge Charger insurance in Chicago streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s necessary to get many rate quotes in order to find a lower rate.
To quickly compare rates now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you duplicate the coverage information exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this assures you’re receiving rate quotes for exact coverage.
The following companies provide free quotes in Illinois. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Charger 3.5 AWD||$322||$478||$428||$26||$128||$1,382||$115|
|Charger SXT AWD||$178||$332||$368||$22||$110||$1,010||$84|
|Charger Rallye AWD||$236||$372||$428||$26||$128||$1,190||$99|
|Charger R/T AWD||$242||$468||$314||$18||$94||$1,136||$95|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can lower or raise auto insurance rates greatly.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The illustration below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault claims raise Dodge Charger car insurance costs for different age groups. Data assumes a married male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Car insurance buyers beware
Respected companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO consistently run ads in print and on television. All the companies state the claim that you can save after switching your coverage to them. How do they all offer drivers better rates?
Most companies have specific guidelines for the type of customer that will add to their bottom line. For example, a profitable insured might be over the age of 40, has had continuous coverage, and the vehicle is rated for pleasure use. Any new insured that matches those criteria will probably get cheap auto insurance rates and will most likely save a lot of money.
Consumers who are not a match for these stringent criteria must pay a more expensive rate and ends up with business not being written. The ads state “drivers who switch” not “all people who quote” can get the lowest rates when switching. That’s why insurance companies can confidently make those claims. Because of the profiling, you need to compare quotes as often as possible. Because without a comparison, you cannot know the company that will have better auto insurance rates than you’re paying now.
Why you need insurance for your Dodge Charger
Despite the high insurance cost for a Dodge Charger in Chicago, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost every bank will stipulate that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Dodge at a more expensive rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your Dodge and your personal assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Dodge as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $830 a year so shop around at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Get cheaper Dodge Charger insurance in Chicago with discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise every possible discount very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known and the more hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Chicago auto insurance online.
- Clubs and Organizations – Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations could trigger savings on your next auto insurance statement.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the medical payments premium.
- Accident Free – Chicago drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers may be able to get reduced rates.
As a footnote on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- State Farm has savings for Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, and accident-free.
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, federal employee, and anti-theft.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- 21st Century may include discounts for air bags, teen driver, early bird, driver training, 55 and older, and homeowners.
- American Family may have discounts that include early bird, Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford offers discounts including vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, anti-theft, air bag, bundle, and driver training.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, multi-car, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, and pay-in-full.
If you need inexpensive Chicago auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company how you can save money. Savings might not be offered on policies in every state. To see a list of companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Illinois, click here.
Compare prices but work with a local Chicago insurance agent
Some people prefer to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Chicago who will give you bids to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Chicago should have no problem answering these questions:
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Chicago?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Is there a local claims center in Chicago?
When narrowing the list to find a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Chicago willing to provide comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent are not locked into one company so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies which makes it simple for you.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s a good idea to include rate quotes from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Chicago who can help you get price quote information.
Different people need different car insurance coverages
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing a policy for your vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Chicago?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Car insurance policy coverages for a Dodge Charger
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive auto coverage – This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as rock chips in glass, damage from getting keyed, fire damage, hitting a bird and hail damage. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many Illinois drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (Illinois limits are 20/40/15), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Collision coverage – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, damaging your car on a curb and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your Charger to bring the cost down.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for expenses such as chiropractic care, funeral costs and hospital visits. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Auto liability – This provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 20/40/15 which means a $20,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $40,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $15,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for claims such as legal defense fees, attorney fees, loss of income, structural damage and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Illinois state law requires minimum liability limits of 20/40/15 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
Smart shoppers get results
Cheaper insurance in Chicago can be purchased online and from local agencies, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online price quotes and these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to reduce Dodge Charger insurance rates online in Chicago. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding affordable Dodge Charger insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates are with a lesser-known regional company.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, not issuing a premium refund, delays in paying claims and even high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Additional learning opportunities
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Kia Optima in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chicago Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Homeowners in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)