Do you want to stop overpaying and find cheaper car insurance rates in Chicago, IL? Chicago drivers have a choice when trying to find affordable Ford F-250 insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents to compare prices or use the internet to compare rates. There are more efficient ways to compare car insurance rates and you need to know the best way to price shop coverage on a Ford and find the best price possible from both online companies and Chicago agents.
The quickest method to compare insurance rates in your area is to realize almost all companies actually pay money for the chance to quote your coverage. The only thing you need to do is provide a little information including how many miles driven, your job, the make and model of your vehicles, and if you lease or own. Your information is instantly sent to multiple companies and they return cost estimate within a short period of time.
To start a quote now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Chicago, IL. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-250 XL 2WD||$202||$340||$294||$18||$88||$942||$79|
|F-250 XL Cabela Package 2WD||$178||$340||$284||$16||$84||$902||$75|
|F-250 XL Super Cab 2WD||$196||$396||$278||$16||$84||$970||$81|
|F-250 XLT 2WD||$168||$298||$304||$18||$90||$878||$73|
|F-250 XL 4WD||$144||$232||$314||$18||$94||$802||$67|
|F-250 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$198||$406||$284||$16||$84||$988||$82|
|F-250 XL Super Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$248||$550||$356||$22||$106||$1,282||$107|
|F-250 XL Harley Edition 2WD||$196||$392||$334||$20||$100||$1,042||$87|
|F-250 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$128||$232||$304||$18||$90||$772||$64|
|F-250 XLT 4WD||$168||$298||$336||$20||$100||$922||$77|
|F-250 XL Cabela Package 4WD||$180||$316||$332||$20||$100||$948||$79|
|F-250 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$208||$368||$336||$20||$100||$1,032||$86|
|F-250 XL Super Cab 4WD||$246||$468||$332||$20||$100||$1,166||$97|
|F-250 XL Crew Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$220||$452||$300||$18||$90||$1,080||$90|
|F-250 XL Super Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$252||$568||$398||$24||$120||$1,362||$114|
|F-250 XL Turbo Diesel 2WD||$136||$284||$300||$18||$90||$828||$69|
|F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 2WD||$224||$530||$356||$22||$106||$1,238||$103|
|F-250 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$142||$308||$278||$16||$84||$828||$69|
|F-250 XL Super Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$244||$452||$424||$26||$126||$1,272||$106|
|F-250 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$178||$316||$342||$20||$102||$958||$80|
|F-250 XL Harley Edition 4WD||$228||$398||$440||$26||$132||$1,224||$102|
|F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 4WD||$218||$392||$368||$22||$110||$1,110||$93|
|F-250 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$274||$540||$300||$18||$90||$1,222||$102|
|F-250 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$122||$246||$284||$16||$84||$752||$63|
|F-250 XL Crew Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$218||$456||$278||$16||$84||$1,052||$88|
|F-250 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$142||$266||$304||$18||$90||$820||$68|
|F-250 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$274||$540||$300||$18||$90||$1,222||$102|
|F-250 XL Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$254||$462||$294||$18||$88||$1,116||$93|
|F-250 XLT Turbo Diesel 2WD||$244||$520||$384||$22||$114||$1,284||$107|
|F-250 XL Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$134||$284||$310||$18||$92||$838||$70|
|F-250 XLT Turbo Diesel 4WD||$244||$452||$424||$26||$126||$1,272||$106|
|F-250 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$254||$400||$326||$20||$98||$1,098||$92|
|F-250 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$134||$260||$368||$22||$110||$894||$75|
|F-250 XL Crew Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$206||$322||$326||$20||$98||$972||$81|
|F-250 XL Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$174||$310||$440||$26||$132||$1,082||$90|
|F-250 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$142||$232||$336||$20||$100||$830||$69|
|F-250 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$122||$214||$314||$18||$94||$762||$64|
|F-250 XL Turbo Diesel 4WD||$200||$316||$332||$20||$100||$968||$81|
|F-250 XL Super Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$242||$492||$368||$22||$110||$1,234||$103|
|F-250 XLT Super Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$282||$568||$398||$24||$120||$1,392||$116|
|F-250 XL Harley Turbo Diesel 2WD||$134||$284||$334||$20||$100||$872||$73|
|F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$134||$284||$334||$20||$100||$872||$73|
|F-250 XL Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 2WD||$272||$622||$384||$22||$114||$1,414||$118|
|F-250 XLT Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$202||$428||$356||$22||$106||$1,114||$93|
|F-250 XL Crew Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 2WD||$272||$622||$384||$22||$114||$1,414||$118|
|F-250 XL Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$134||$298||$334||$20||$100||$886||$74|
|F-250 Lariat Super Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$282||$550||$294||$18||$88||$1,232||$103|
|F-250 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$174||$356||$440||$26||$132||$1,128||$94|
|F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$188||$342||$336||$20||$100||$986||$82|
|F-250 XL Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$274||$540||$332||$20||$100||$1,266||$106|
|F-250 XLT Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$220||$468||$314||$18||$94||$1,114||$93|
|F-250 Cabela Crew Cab 4WD||$228||$458||$440||$26||$132||$1,284||$107|
|F-250 XL Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$290||$462||$428||$26||$128||$1,334||$111|
|F-250 XLT Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$274||$540||$332||$20||$100||$1,266||$106|
|F-250 Lariat Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$272||$704||$384||$22||$114||$1,496||$125|
|F-250 Lariat Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$310||$568||$440||$26||$132||$1,476||$123|
|F-250 XL Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$310||$568||$440||$26||$132||$1,476||$123|
|F-250 Lariat Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$218||$392||$314||$18||$94||$1,036||$86|
|F-250 XL Crew Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$168||$284||$332||$20||$100||$904||$75|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can decrease or increase premium rates considerably.
How accidents and violations affect rates
The information below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault accidents increase Ford F-250 car insurance costs for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Three reasons car insurance is important
Despite the high cost, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Ford F-250, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects not only your Ford but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Chicago overpays as much as $869 every year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Chicago Insurance Premiums are Influenced by These Factors
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand some of the things that help determine the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get lower rates. Many factors are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but other factors are more obscure such as whether you are married or your commute time.
- Cheaper rates by bundling – Lots of auto insurance companies give lower prices for people that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you may still want to compare other Chicago F-250 insurance rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Physical damage deductibles are a factor – Physical damage deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, aka comp and collision, protects your car from damage. Some coverage claims would be collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and having a roll-over accident. The more damage repair cost you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Get better premiums if you’re married – Having a spouse helps lower the price on your auto insurance bill. Having a spouse may mean you are less irresponsible and insurance companies like that being married results in fewer claims.
- Save money with alarms and GPS tracking – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Theft deterrent systems like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can thwart vehicle theft.
- Tickets will cost you – Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance compared to bad drivers. Getting just one speeding ticket or other violation may cause rates to rise twenty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have careless violations like DUI or willful reckless driving may find they need to complete a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Costs and your address – Living in areas with lower population is a good thing when it comes to auto insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes means less chance of accidents in addition to lower liability claims Drivers in populated Illinois areas have congested traffic and higher rates of accident claims. More time on the road means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Ford F-250 statistical loss data – Insurers take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to help determine rates. Models that the statistics show to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have increased rates. The next table shows the historical loss data for Ford F-250 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Values that are below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are above 100 point to more losses or larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Ford F-250 Models
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford F-250 4WD 58 97 85 Ford F-250 SuperCab 2WD 55 90 Ford F-250 SuperCab 4WD 72 118 71 48 Ford F-250 SuperCrew 2WD 75 101 125 Ford F-250 SuperCrew 4WD 86 132 176 44 44 90
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheap Chicago insurance rates with discounts
Some insurers don’t always advertise every discount available very well, so the list below details some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to bring down your rates. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase life insurance.
- College Student Discount – College-age children living away from Chicago attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Driver Safety – Taking time to complete a course in defensive driving could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Having multiple cars or trucks with the same insurance company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
Discounts lower rates, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Car insurance companies who may offer these benefits include:
If you need lower rates, check with each company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area.
Different people need different insurance coverages
When buying insurance from an agent or online, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different so this has to be addressed.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Compare rates but work with a local neighborhood Chicago car insurance agent
A small number of people just want to buy from a local agent and that is a smart decision Insurance agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but also keep your business local.
By using this quick form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to companies in Chicago that provide free Chicago car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home because prices are sent to you directly. If you wish to get a rate quote for a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Chicago?
- How many companies do they write for?
When narrowing the list to find a local agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies that you can select. Insurance agencies are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types can write insurance policies, but it’s important to know the difference in the companies they write for because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are highly trained on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents primarily because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Chicago who can help you get price quotes.
- Dwayne Jackson – State Farm Insurance Agent
1345 W Taylor St – Chicago, IL 60607 – (312) 455-0675 – View Map
- Roni Siegel – State Farm Insurance Agent
860 N Clark St – Chicago, IL 60610 – (312) 751-0500 – View Map
- Glenda Tolentino-Moser – State Farm Insurance Agent
2015 W Montrose Ave – Chicago, IL 60618 – (773) 549-3300 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are not employed by one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many companies and find you the best rates. If prices rise, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent. If you need lower rates, you will want to get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with small mutual carriers which can be an advantage.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Chicago willing to provide rate quotes.
- Great Northern Insurance Agency
5632 S Pulaski Rd – Chicago, IL 60629 – (773) 838-3900 – View Map
- Public Insurance Agency
3656 N Cicero Ave – Chicago, IL 60641 – (773) 725-9333 – View Map
- Serpe Insurance Agency
2538 N Lincoln Ave – Chicago, IL 60614 – (773) 871-0808 – View Map
After receiving good feedback to any questions you may have and an affordable coverage quote, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to service your policy.
Persistence pays off
Some insurance companies do not offer online quoting and many times these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agents. Cheap Ford F-250 insurance in Chicago is possible both online as well as from independent agents in Chicago, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced full coverage and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Additional learning opportunities
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 50 in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Felons in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Chicago, IL? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)