Comparing Chicago auto insurance quotes online may appear to be difficult at first if you are like the majority of consumers and have never used online rate comparisons. But don’t let that discourage you because finding more affordable rates for Honda Element insurance in Chicago is actually fairly simple.
Amazingly, the vast majority of consumers have been with the same company for four years or more, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Consumers in Illinois could save an average of up to $586 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t want to take the time to find cheaper rates by getting comparison quotes.
You should take the time to compare prices yearly because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rate on Honda Element insurance in Chicago a few years ago other companies may now be cheaper. You’ll find a ton of advice on Element insurance online but we’re going to give you the easiest ways to slash your insurance rates in Chicago.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to find better prices using the techniques covered below. The purpose of this article is to introduce you to how car insurance companies work and also pocket some savings Although Illinois vehicle owners must understand how big insurance companies calculate their prices because rates fluctuate considerably.
Quote Chicago Honda Element insurance online
When shopping for the cheapest Honda Element rate quotes, there are a couple of ways to obtain and compare prices from different Chicago insurance companies. The fastest way to lower the rate you pay for Honda Element insurance is simply to get online rate quotes. When comparing auto insurance rates, know that getting more free quotes increases the chance that you will find a lower rate than you’re paying now. Not every company does price estimates online, so it’s important to also get quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The companies in the list below offer comparison quotes in Chicago, IL. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Element LX 2WD||$138||$262||$352||$20||$106||$878||$73|
|Element LX 4WD||$96||$178||$246||$14||$74||$608||$51|
|Element EX 2WD||$126||$228||$246||$14||$74||$688||$57|
|Element EX 4WD||$138||$262||$352||$20||$106||$878||$73|
|Element SC 2WD||$216||$458||$340||$20||$102||$1,136||$95|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in zip code location which can increase or decrease premium rates greatly.
Irresponsible driving raises your rates
The chart below demonstrates how citations and accidents influence Honda Element auto insurance costs for each different age category. The premiums are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
You may qualify for discounts for Honda Element insurance in Chicago
Some insurance providers don’t always publicize all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Drivers Education – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully complete driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find inexpensive Honda Element insurance in Chicago.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- No Claim Discounts – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few larger companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one isn’t a discount, but a handful of insurance companies may permit one accident without the usual rate increase as long as you don’t have any claims for a specific time period.
Just know that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including early shopping, switch companies, pay in full, multi-car, teen driver, distant student, and homeowner.
- State Farm may have discounts that include passive restraint, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and defensive driving training.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for new vehicle discount, newly retired, newly married, good student, exclusive group savings, teen driver discount, and multi-car.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for accident-free, claim-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, good driver, good student
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, homeowner, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts might not be offered in your state. To locate insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Chicago, click here.
Best reasons to buy car insurance in Illinois
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Honda Element in Chicago, paying for car insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Element, most lenders will require that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Honda at a more expensive rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having car insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. On average, a vehicle owner in Chicago overpays more than $850 per year so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
When to talk to an insurance agency
Some people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision A good thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and also buy local.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information is emailed to companies in Chicago who will give you bids to get your business. There is no need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you want to buy auto insurance from a good Chicago insurance agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Chicago can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents write business for a single company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. They receive extensive training on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
Shown below are Chicago exclusive insurance agencies who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Maribel Marron
3060 W Armitage Ave – Chicago, IL 60647 – (773) 572-9495 – View Map
- Dave Rundle – State Farm Insurance Agent
4316 W 63rd St – Chicago, IL 60629 – (773) 735-0135 – View Map
- Linda Kuczka – State Farm Insurance Agent
954 W Webster Ave – Chicago, IL 60614 – (773) 975-9111 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, they can switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
If you need lower rates, you definitely need to get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. Most can insure with different regional companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below are Chicago independent agencies that are able to give price quotes.
- Northwest Insurance Network
330 S Wells St #1600 – Chicago, IL 60606 – (312) 427-1777 – View Map
- Northwest Insurance Network Inc
4450 N Western Ave – Chicago, IL 60625 – (773) 433-3300 – View Map
- KSA Insurance Agency
7158 W Grand Ave – Chicago, IL 60707 – (773) 804-9000 – View Map
If you feel you receive positive feedback to your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, you may have found an insurance agency that is a good match to adequately provide auto insurance.