Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for the cheapest Lexus HS 250h insurance in Chicago? Buying the lowest price Chicago Lexus HS 250h insurance quotes might seem somewhat difficult for people who are new to comparing and buying car insurance online. With such a large number of online companies, how can you possibly compare every company in order to find the lowest price available?
Sadly, a large majority of car insurance policyholders have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Many consumers in Illinois could save up to $590 every year just by getting comparison quotes, but they underestimate how much they could save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
It is always a good idea to quote other rates yearly because prices trend upward over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best quotes on Lexus HS 250h insurance in Chicago a few years ago you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the things you must know in order to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
The purpose of this article is to introduce you to how car insurance works and how to save the most money. If you have a current auto insurance policy, you will most likely be able to cut your premiums using this strategy. But Illinois car owners must learn the way insurance companies determine premium rates because it can help you find the best coverage.
Just remember that getting more free quotes will increase your chances of finding better pricing.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Illinois. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|HS 250H 4-Dr Sedan||$134||$284||$232||$14||$70||$734||$61|
|HS 250H Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$274||$540||$226||$14||$68||$1,122||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in your specific Chicago location which can impact prices greatly.
How high should deductibles be?
The diagram below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can change Lexus HS 250h yearly insurance costs for different age categories. The rates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Discounts for cheap car insurance quotes
Some insurance providers do not advertise all discounts very clearly, so the list below contains a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy Chicago car insurance online. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Multi-car Discount – Drivers who insure multiple vehicles on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can save substantially compared to frequent claim filers.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote Chicago car insurance with some car insurance companies.
Please keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Popular car insurance companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers discounts including Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, good driver, anti-theft, and multiple autos.
- Esurance may offer discounts for homeowner, defensive driver, safety device, Switch & Save, and paid-in-full.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, and homeowner.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for safety features, good student, new graduate, multi-car, newly retired, and exclusive group savings.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for paid in full, multiple vehicles, good student, paperless, group or association, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, membership and employees, driver training, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, and emergency military deployment.
When getting free Chicago car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent how you can save money. Some discounts might not apply in Chicago. To view insurance companies who offer discounts in Chicago, follow this link.
Local Chicago insurance agencies and insurance
A lot of people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about comparing insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with local agencies is still important in Chicago.
Once you complete this short form, your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents that give free quotes to get your business. You won’t need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
If you want to buy insurance from a good Chicago insurance agent, there are two different agency structures to choose from. Insurance agents in Chicago are either independent or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents can quote rates with many companies and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, you will want to check rates from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection. Most independent agents also contract with companies you’ve never heard of that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Chicago that may be able to give you pricing information.
- Illinois Vehicle Auto Insurance (Xpert)
1858 W 18th St – Chicago, IL 60608 – (312) 226-1033 – View Map
- Lakeview Insurance Agency, Ltd.
3438 N Southport Ave – Chicago, IL 60657 – (773) 871-8000 – View Map
- Eagle Insurance Agency
3517 N Spaulding Ave – Chicago, IL 60618 – (773) 463-7576 – View Map
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They are well schooled on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
Listed below are Chicago exclusive agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Glenda Tolentino-Moser – State Farm Insurance Agent
2015 W Montrose Ave – Chicago, IL 60618 – (773) 549-3300 – View Map
- Rhea Joyer – State Farm Insurance Agent
4911 N Lincoln Ave c – Chicago, IL 60625 – (773) 878-8883 – View Map
- Angela Roudez – State Farm Insurance Agent
1505 S State St – Chicago, IL 60605 – (312) 663-1820 – View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- How many years have they been established?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
After you get reasonable responses for all questions you ask and inexpensive Lexus HS 250h insurance in Chicago quotes, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that is reputable and can provide insurance coverage.
What Determines Lexus HS 250h Insurance Rates?
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although some other factors are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating. Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that are used to determine your premiums. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate prices.
- Lower premiums for vehicles with better crash test results – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to be cheaper to insure. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates directly to fewer claims and cheaper rates on your policy. If the Lexus HS 250h has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Certain vocations raise prices – Occupational choices like real estate brokers, airline pilots, and financial analysts generally pay the highest rates because of intense work-related stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Other jobs such as professors, engineers and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
- Being married can save on auto insurance – Having a spouse may earn you lower rates when shopping for auto insurance. It generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Driving citations hurt – Whether or not you get tickets has a big impact on rates. Having a single chargeable violation can increase the cost of insurance forty percent or more. Good drivers have lower premiums than bad drivers. People who have serious violations like DUI or reckless driving may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- A coverage lapse can increase auto insurance rates – Having an insurance coverage lapse can be a fast way to pay more for auto insurance. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance will get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may then have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Illinois DMV.
Car insurance is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Lexus HS 250h in Chicago, paying for car insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Lexus has a loan, most lenders will stipulate that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Lexus for a much higher rate and require you to pay for it.
- Car insurance protects both your Lexus HS 250h and your assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
The best rates come from being thorough
The cheapest Lexus HS 250h insurance in Chicago can be purchased both online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers don’t offer online price quotes and these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can get a better price on Lexus HS 250h insurance in Chicago. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
When you buy Chicago car insurance online, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
More tips and info about car insurance is available by following these links:
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Chicago Auto Insurance Quotes for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Chicago, IL? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest After a Speeding Ticket in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a GMC Sierra in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Teenage Males in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)