Want to learn how to save money and find more affordable insurance rates in Chicago, IL? Chicago consumers have options when looking for the best price on Lexus LFA insurance. You can either waste hours calling around getting price quotes or leverage the internet to make rate comparisons. There is a better way to shop for insurance so you’re going to learn the proper way to quote coverages for a new or used Lexus and get the cheapest rates from Chicago insurance agents and online providers.
Unbelievable but true, most drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Chicago consumers could pocket 40% a year just by shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the large savings they would see if they switched.
Smart consumers take time to compare prices quite often since insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you found the best rate on Lexus LFA insurance in Chicago last year there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the fastest way to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Get cheaper Lexus LFA insurance rates in Chicago
Auto insurance companies do not advertise all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list a few of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Chicago car insurance online.
- Good Student – Being a good student may save you up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Memberships – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount when getting a Chicago car insurance quote.
- Own a Home – Owning a house in Chicago can help you save on insurance since home ownership means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies give discounts for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current LFA insurance policy. It could save around 10% when you buy Chicago car insurance online.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Requiring all passengers to buckle up could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a Chicago car insurance quote.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- GEICO has savings for anti-theft, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, air bags, and multi-policy.
- USAA may have discounts that include multi-policy, driver training, family discount, loyalty savings, military installation, good student, and defensive driver.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and good student.
- American Family has discounts for good driver, early bird, good student, mySafetyValet, and air bags.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for emergency road assistance, anti-theft, renters, multi-car, DriveSense, good driver, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including teen driver, early shopping, homeowner, good student, and business and professional.
- State Farm may include discounts for passive restraint, accident-free, good student, driver’s education, and Drive Safe & Save.
If you need lower rates, check with each company to apply every possible discount. Discounts may not apply to policies everywhere. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Chicago, click here.
All the larger car insurance companies give insurance quotes from their websites. Comparing Lexus LFA insurance rates online is possible for anyone as you simply enter your personal and coverage information into a form. Once entered, the company’s rating system will obtain your driving record and credit report and generates pricing information based on the information you submitted.
Getting online quotes for Lexus LFA insurance in Chicago makes it simple to compare prices and it is imperative to do this in order to get a better rate.
To quickly compare pricing, take a look at the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend that you enter the coverages as shown on your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will have rate comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Illinois. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Do I need an insurance agency?
A small number of people would rather talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! Professional insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered directly to you. If you need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you just need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good company is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. The following questions are important to ask.
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Where are claims handled?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Chicago?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Chicago?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
If you want to use local Chicago agents, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they function. Chicago agents can be classified as either independent or exclusive. Both can handle insurance, but it’s a good idea to understand the differences since it could factor into buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. A lot of people buy from exclusive agents partially due to high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Chicago that are able to give rate quotes.
- Peter Grande – State Farm Insurance Agent
1535 W Division St – Chicago, IL 60642 – (773) 270-4600 – View Map
- Kathleen McKenzie – State Farm Insurance Agent
725 W 31st St – Chicago, IL 60616 – (312) 791-1200 – View Map
- Jim Mays Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
4465 N Milwaukee Ave – Chicago, IL 60630 – (773) 282-1500 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part.
When comparison shopping, we recommend you include at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many write coverage with small mutual carriers which may have better rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Chicago who can help you get price quote information.
- Illinois Vehicle Auto Insurance (Xpert)
1858 W 18th St – Chicago, IL 60608 – (312) 226-1033 – View Map
- KSA Insurance Agency
7158 W Grand Ave – Chicago, IL 60707 – (773) 804-9000 – View Map
- W.A. George Insurance Agency
155 N Michigan Ave #300 – Chicago, IL 60601 – (312) 729-5265 – View Map
Cheaper insurance premiums are out there
You just read many ways to lower your Lexus LFA insurance rates in Chicago. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Chicago car insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
Cheaper Lexus LFA insurance in Chicago is possible from both online companies and with local Chicago insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, poor customer service, being labeled a high risk driver and delays in paying claims. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Even more information is located in the articles below:
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70 in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Teenage Males in Chicago? (FAQ)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)