Are you doing reasearch to find more affordable Nissan Frontier insurance in Chicago? No one anticipates paying for auto insurance, especially knowing the price is too high.
Sadly, about 70% of customers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and 38% of drivers have never shopped around. Many drivers in Chicago could save up to $586 a year by just shopping around, but they don’t believe how much money they would save if they changed companies.
Due to the fact that there are so many options when it comes to auto insurance, it can be challenging to choose the right insurer.
You should take the time to shop coverage around quite often since rates are variable and change quite frequently. If you had the best rate on Nissan Frontier insurance in Chicago six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. There is a lot of wrong information about Frontier insurance on the internet, but I’m going to show you some of the best techniques to quit paying high auto insurance rates in Chicago.
First Step: Get free Nissan Frontier insurance quotes
To find more affordable prices, there are a couple of ways of comparing rate quotes from all the different companies. The best method to find competitive Nissan Frontier insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
It’s so easy to compare rate quotes online that it replaces the need to physically go to each insurance agency near you. The ability to get quotes online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a need for the guidance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. Drivers can compare the best prices online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
When price shopping your coverage, more quotes will enable you to find more affordable rates.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Chicago, IL. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Frontier XE King Cab 2WD||$136||$256||$336||$20||$100||$848||$71|
|Frontier SE King Cab 2WD||$200||$280||$428||$26||$128||$1,062||$89|
|Frontier SE Crew Cab 2WD||$122||$268||$342||$20||$102||$854||$71|
|Frontier Pro-4X King Cab 2WD||$160||$268||$332||$20||$100||$880||$73|
|Frontier LE King Cab 2WD||$198||$390||$394||$24||$118||$1,124||$94|
|Frontier SE King Cab 4WD||$120||$172||$266||$16||$80||$654||$55|
|Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 2WD||$138||$310||$440||$26||$132||$1,046||$87|
|Frontier LE Crew Cab 2WD||$224||$492||$440||$26||$132||$1,314||$110|
|Frontier SE Crew Cab 4WD||$126||$228||$246||$14||$74||$688||$57|
|Frontier LE King Cab 4WD||$196||$334||$294||$18||$88||$930||$78|
|Frontier Pro-4X King Cab 4WD||$120||$220||$294||$18||$88||$740||$62|
|Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 4WD||$140||$214||$262||$16||$78||$710||$59|
|Frontier LE Crew Cab 4WD||$260||$340||$342||$20||$102||$1,064||$89|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in garaging location in Chicago which can impact coverage prices noticeably.
Nissan Frontier liability rates compared to full coverage
The information below illustrates the comparison of Nissan Frontier car insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The premiums assume no accidents, no driving violations, $500 deductibles, married female driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no set guideline to exclude physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Nissan Frontier replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after the deductible is paid. If it’s costing you more than $300 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some situations where dropping full coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to keep full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Analysis of deductible levels
The diagram below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can influence Nissan Frontier insurance premiums for each age group. The premiums assume a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Nissan Frontier insurance in Chicago
Some providers don’t always publicize every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so the following list contains both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get better prices if you take out life insurance from them.
- E-sign Discounts – Some of the larger companies will give a small break just for signing your application on the internet.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Having multiple cars with the same car insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free for a set time period.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
To see car insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Chicago, click here to view.
Compare rates but work with a neighborhood Chicago auto insurance agent
A small number of people just prefer to go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get lower prices and still choose a local agent.
After completing this short form, your information gets sent to companies in Chicago that provide free Chicago auto insurance quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. It’s the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to compare prices from a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good insurer is decision based upon more than just a low price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- How many years have they been established?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
Do you need an independent or exclusive auto insurance agent?
If you prefer to buy car insurance from an insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they function. Car insurance policy providers can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents are contracted to one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Chicago who can help you get comparison quotes.
Sylvia Torres Underhill – State Farm Insurance Agent
2422 S Oakley Ave – Chicago, IL 60608 – (773) 376-1166 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not restricted to one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house which requires no work on your part.
When shopping rates, we recommend you get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Chicago willing to provide comparison quotes.
How Car Insurance Companies Determine Nissan Frontier Insurance Costs
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the factors that help calculate the rates you pay for auto insurance. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that could help you find lower rates. Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
The list below includes most of the major factors used by companies to determine your rates.
- Teenage driver insurance rates – More experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable.Inexperience drivers are proven to be easily distracted when driving therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Male costs may be higher – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Both genders are responsible for at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. They also get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving. Teenage male drivers tend to get in the most accidents so they pay the highest premiums.
- Safer the car lower the rate – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries means less claims paid which can result in lower premiums. If your Nissan is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may be receiving a better rate.
- Only buy what you need – Insurance companies have many add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying but may not be useful. Coverages like personal injury protection, death and dismemberment, and motor club memberships are probably not needed. The coverages may be enticing at first, but if you’ve never needed them in the past consider taking them off your policy.
- Drive lots and pay more – Driving a lot of miles in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most insurance companies apply a rate based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Autos that are left in the garage qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. A policy that improperly rates your Frontier may be costing you. Double check that your policy shows how each vehicle is driven.
- Nissan Frontier insurance loss data – Insurers use historical loss data when determining insurance costs. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below outlines the collected loss data for Nissan Frontier vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Values that are under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Nissan Frontier Vehicles
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LWB 2WD 57 64 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LWB 4WD 64 95 78 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SWB 2WD 77 97 67 106 87 98 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SWB 4WD 71 95 76 70 79 85 Nissan Frontier Ext Cab 2WD 73 110 71 89 87 117 Nissan Frontier Ext Cab 4WD 68 80 63 56
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Nissan Frontier in Chicago, paying for car insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Frontier, almost every bank will force you to have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Nissan at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
Third, car insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Get the best coverage at the best price
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to reduce Nissan Frontier insurance rates online in Chicago. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from a small local company. They can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Helpful learning opportunities
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)