Are you researching cheaper car insurance rates in Chicago, IL? Chicago shoppers have a choice when shopping for low-cost Nissan GT-R insurance. You can either spend your time calling around trying to get quotes or use the internet to compare rates.
There are more efficient ways to shop for car insurance and we’ll show you the proper way to price shop coverage on a Nissan and find the lowest possible price from both online companies and Chicago agents.
The goal of this article is to tell you how to compare rates easily and also pocket some savings If you are paying for car insurance now, you will surely be able to reduce premiums using the tips covered below. Smart shoppers only need an understanding of the tricks to shop from multiple carriers.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance can be quick and easy. All that’s required is to spend a few minutes on the computer to get quotes from online providers.
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Chicago, IL. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|GT-R Premium AWD 2-Dr||$270||$568||$222||$14||$66||$1,140||$95|
|GT-R AWD 2-Dr||$262||$556||$226||$14||$68||$1,126||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can alter premiums considerably.
Impact of speeding/accidents on auto insurance rates
The illustration below illustrates how speeding tickets and accidents drive up Nissan GT-R insurance costs for different age groups. The data is based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Insurance is an important decision
Even though Chicago GT-R insurance rates can get expensive, paying for insurance serves an important purpose.
First, just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will force you to have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Nissan at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $820 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Car insurance policy discounts for Nissan GT-R insurance in Chicago
Some companies don’t always advertise all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains some of the best known as well as some of the hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Chicago auto insurance online.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but certain companies will let one accident slide before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers that enable driving data submission to scrutinize driving manner by using a telematic data system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Paper-free Discount – A handful of car insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on the web.
- Buy New and Save – Putting insurance coverage on a new GT-R can be considerably cheaper since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Active Military Service – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower premium rates.
- Memberships – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Early Signing – Some car insurance companies reward drivers for switching companies prior to your current GT-R insurance policy expiration. Ten percent is about the average savings.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
Companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, and online signing.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including bundle, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, air bag, and defensive driver.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for low natural disaster claims, good driver, good student, anti-theft, age of vehicle, and multi-car.
- GEICO offers discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, federal employee, military active duty, multi-policy, and emergency military deployment.
- AAA includes discounts for anti-theft, pay-in-full, good driver, education and occupation, good student, AAA membership discount, and multi-car.
- State Farm may offer discounts for good driver, passive restraint, good student, driver’s education, multiple autos, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. A few discounts may not apply in Chicago.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Chicago car insurance agent
Some consumers still prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting small agencies is still important in Chicago.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent to your email. If you wish to compare prices from a specific insurance provider, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
The type of auto insurance agent you choose is important
If you want to use a reliable agent, it’s important to understand the types of agencies that you can choose from. Insurance agencies are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can write policy coverage, but it’s important to point out why they differ since it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company so they can write business through many companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part. When comparing insurance prices, you definitely need to include a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many write coverage with smaller companies which may provide better rates.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Chicago who may be able to give you free price quotes.
- Edwards Insurance Agency, Inc.
11113 S Kedzie Ave – Chicago, IL 60655 – (773) 396-5526 – View Map
- Serpe Insurance Agency
2538 N Lincoln Ave – Chicago, IL 60614 – (773) 871-0808 – View Map
- KSA Insurance Agency
7158 W Grand Ave – Chicago, IL 60707 – (773) 804-9000 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only provide one company’s prices like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents partially due to the prominent brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Chicago who can help you get rate quotes.
- Russ Spinelli – State Farm Insurance Agent
1525 E 53rd St #727 – Chicago, IL 60615 – (773) 955-3133 – View Map
- Roni Siegel – State Farm Insurance Agent
860 N Clark St – Chicago, IL 60610 – (312) 751-0500 – View Map
- Peter Grande – State Farm Insurance Agent
1535 W Division St – Chicago, IL 60642 – (773) 270-4600 – View Map
Picking an auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- How many years have they been established?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- How are they compensated?
After you get positive feedback to any questions you may have and a good coverage price, it’s a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
Always keep in mind that when comparing a policy for your personal vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you.
These are some specific questions might point out whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Illinois?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Illinois?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Don’t give up on cheap premiums
Low-cost Nissan GT-R insurance in Chicago can be found on the web in addition to many Chicago insurance agents, so you need to quote Chicago auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some auto insurance companies may not offer online rate quotes and many times these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, high prices, unfair underwriting practices or even lack of trust in their agent. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Hybrid Vehicles in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a GMC Sierra in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Bad Credit in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)