No one in their right mind fancies paying their premiums for insurance, particularly when they are paying too much.
Sad but true, a large majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and just under half have never shopped around. Illinois insurance shoppers could save roughly 40% each year, but they underestimate the large savings they would see if they replace their high priced policy. You have so many insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and even though it’s nice to be able to choose, so many choices can make it hard to locate the cheapest rates for Saturn L300 insurance in Chicago.
Comparing quotes for cheaper coverage in Chicago is not as time-consuming as you think. If you are already insured or need a new policy, you can use these techniques to get lower rates and still have adequate protection. Smart shoppers just need to learn the most efficient way to compare price quotes from many different companies.
How much is Saturn L300 insurance in Chicago, IL?
The providers in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Chicago, IL. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Even though it can be expensive, car insurance is required by state law in Illinois and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Saturn at a more expensive rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in Illinois is overpaying more than $810 a year so shop around at least once a year to save money.
Discount Chicago insurance quotes
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may be missing some discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked about before they will apply. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Payment Method – By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Anti-theft System – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Chicago car insurance quote.
- Employee of Federal Government – Having worked for a branch of the government could provide a small rate reduction with some insurance companies.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower insurance rates.
- Distant College Student Discount – Kids who live away from home to go to college and don’t have a car could get you a discount.
As a sidenote, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky. But all discounts will help reduce your policy cost.
Auto insurance companies that may offer quotes with these discounts include:
When getting free Chicago car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Savings might not be available to policyholders in Chicago.
Insurance agents can give valuable advice
A lot of people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Experienced insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Chicago.
By using this simple form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent directly to you. If you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
When finding a good Chicago insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Agents can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can write auto insurance policies, but it is important to understand the difference between them since it could factor into the selection process.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents do not have single company limitations so they can write business with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part.
When comparing rates, you will definitely want to get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection.
Featured below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Chicago that can possibly get you competitive price quotes.
W.A. George Insurance Agency
155 N Michigan Ave #300 – Chicago, IL 60601 – (312) 729-5265 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents are contracted to one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Chicago willing to provide comparison quotes.
Picking an car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
Auto insurance coverages
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are the usual coverages available from car insurance companies.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your L300 resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as backing into a parked car, sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a parking meter and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your L300 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability – Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property in an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 20/40/15 which means a limit of $20,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $40,000, and a total limit of $15,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for things such as medical services, attorney fees, bail bonds and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy higher limits if possible. Illinois requires minimum liability limits of 20/40/15 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Saturn L300.
Due to the fact that many Illinois drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 20/40/15), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Normally the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive auto coverage – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from getting keyed, theft and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for short-term medical expenses like dental work, EMT expenses, nursing services, rehabilitation expenses and ambulance fees. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
A little work can save a LOT of money
Discount Saturn L300 insurance in Chicago is attainable online as well as from independent agents in Chicago, so you need to shop Chicago car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not provide online price quotes and these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agents.
We’ve covered a lot of information how to shop for Saturn L300 insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Chicago car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates are with a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers can often provide lower auto insurance rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Additional information is available at these links:
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Chicago? (FAQ)
- How Much is Chicago Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)