Would you like to save money by finding more affordable car insurance rates in Chicago, IL? Chicago drivers have a choice when trying to find low-cost Volvo S90 insurance. They can either spend hours driving around to compare prices or use the internet to make rate comparisons. There are both good and bad ways to buy car insurance and you need to know the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Volvo and find the lowest price either online or from Chicago insurance agents.
It’s a good idea to get comparison quotes periodically because car insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the best rates on Volvo S90 insurance in Chicago two years ago there may be better deals available now. There is a lot of bad advice regarding S90 insurance out there, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some of the best ways to reduce your car insurance bill.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance can be surprisingly simple. Consumers just need to spend a little time to compare rate quotes to find the company with affordable Volvo S90 insurance quotes.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Chicago, IL. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
Get affordable Volvo S90 insurance in Chicago with discounts
Companies don’t always list every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Chicago car insurance online.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Chicago car insurance quote.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Chicago car insurance quote compared to accident prone drivers.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for better auto insurance rates.
- Low Miles Discount – Maintaining low annual mileage may allow you to get cheaper prices.
- Safety Course Discount – Participating in a driver safety class may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- SAFECO has savings for multi-car, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, bundle discounts, drive less, and anti-theft.
- American Family may offer discounts for air bags, accident-free, TimeAway discount, good driver, early bird, and defensive driver.
- MetLife discounts include good student, defensive driver, good driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and accident-free.
- GEICO has discounts for multi-policy, seat belt use, good student, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, air bags, and multi-vehicle.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including air bag, good student, bundle, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, driver training, and anti-theft.
Double check with each company which discounts they offer. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in Chicago.
How Your S90 Insurance Prices are Determined
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that help determine insurance rates. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get lower rates.
- Small claims can cost you – Car insurance companies in Illinois award cheaper rates to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Car and home together may be cheaper – Most larger insurers apply a discount to clients that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s still a good idea to get quotes from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most.There is a chance you can save money by buying insurance from a different company.
- Avoid traffic tickets – Good drivers have lower premiums compared to bad drivers. Having just one driving citation may increase your cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have gotten multiple tickets like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions might be required by their state to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Safety first – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Your gender affects costs – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females take fewer risks when driving. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men have accidents in similar percentages, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also get cited for more serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Rates and your address – Living in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has definite advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Less people living in that area means less chance of accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. City drivers tend to have traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. The longer drive time means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- Bump up comp and collision deductibles to lower rates – Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. A few examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, vandalism, and damage from a fallen tree branch. The deductibles you choose are how much you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. The more damage repair cost you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
- Influences performance influences auto insurance premiums – The performance level of the car you own makes a huge difference in determining your rates. Due to the fact that the Volvo S90 is a luxury sedan, insuring your vehicle will cost more compared to average rates in Chicago. Lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles usually have the lowest premiums, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Car insurance is available from local insurance agents
Certain consumers just want to get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended Agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. If you need to compare prices from a particular provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- How long have they been in business?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
What types of car insurance agents are in Chicago?
If you want to use a reputable agency, you should know the different types of agencies and how they work. Car insurance agents may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both handle car insurance, but it’s important to know the subtle differences since it can impact the selection process.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. They receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which can be an advantage. Many people use the same exclusive agent primarily because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Chicago willing to provide price quotes.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
8549 S Cicero Ave – Chicago, IL 60652 – (773) 582-2886 – View Map
- Russ Spinelli – State Farm Insurance Agent
1525 E 53rd St #727 – Chicago, IL 60615 – (773) 955-3133 – View Map
- Jim Mays Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
4465 N Milwaukee Ave – Chicago, IL 60630 – (773) 282-1500 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies do not have single company limitations so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you stay with the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to check rates from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options. Many independent agencies also insure through companies that do not advertise much which could offer lower prices.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Chicago that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Amigo Insurance Agency
5902 W Fullerton Ave – Chicago, IL 60639 – (877) 999-2644 – View Map
- AArdvark Insurance Agency
1228 W Wilson Ave – Chicago, IL 60640 – (773) 961-8781 – View Map
- Lincoln Auto Insurance
855 W Washington Blvd – Chicago, IL 60607 – (312) 666-8800 – View Map
Insurance can be complex
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. You are unique.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Illinois?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to find cheap Volvo S90 insurance in Chicago. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Chicago car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates come from a small local company.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, poor customer service, not issuing a premium refund and high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- How Much is Chicago Car Insurance for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Chicago, IL? (FAQ)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)