Finding more affordable GMC Acadia insurance in Chicago could be very difficult for drivers who have little experience comparing prices online. People have so many agents and companies to choose from that it can quickly become a chore to find the lowest price on GMC Acadia insurance.
Unimaginable but true, most drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for four years or more, and just under half have never even compared rates from other companies. Chicago drivers could cut their rates by roughly 40% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t invest the time required to compare rate quotes.
If you have coverage now, you should be able to lower your rates using the ideas you’re about to read. These tips will instruct you on the most effective way to quote insurance and some money-saving tips. But Illinois consumers must learn how the larger insurance companies determine prices and take advantage of how the system works.
To find the best auto insurance rates, there are several ways of comparing rates from lots of Illinois auto insurance companies. By far the easiest way to find affordable GMC Acadia insurance rates is to jump online and get quotes.
When comparison shopping, obtaining a wide range of quotes helps locate a lower rate. Some companies don’t provide price estimates online, so it’s important to also get quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Chicago, IL. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Acadia SL 2WD||$152||$284||$250||$14||$76||$776||$65|
|Acadia SL AWD||$150||$208||$268||$16||$80||$722||$60|
|Acadia SLE 2WD||$128||$192||$250||$14||$76||$660||$55|
|Acadia SLE AWD||$142||$268||$274||$16||$82||$782||$65|
|Acadia SLT 2WD||$124||$214||$262||$16||$78||$694||$58|
|Acadia SLT AWD||$182||$316||$316||$18||$94||$926||$77|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in your specific Chicago location which can lower or raise coverage prices considerably.
Yearly auto insurance costs for men versus women
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of GMC Acadia car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Choosing the best Acadia insurance in Illinois is an important decision
Despite the high cost, insurance is mandatory in Illinois but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Acadia with a loan, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your GMC for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your GMC but also your financial assets. It will also cover medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Misconceptions in insurance advertisements
Well-known insurance companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO continually stream television and radio advertisements. All the companies make an identical promise that people will save if you move your coverage to them. How do they all have lower policy pricing? This is the trick they use.
All companies require specific criteria for the type of customer that makes them money. A good example of a desirable risk should be between 30 and 50, has other policies, and the vehicle is rated for pleasure use. Any customer that hits that “sweet spot” receive the lowest rate quotes in Chicago and will also save when switching.
People who cannot meet these stringent criteria must pay more expensive rates which translates to the prospect going elsewhere. If you listen closely, the ads state “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” can get the lowest rates when switching. That is how companies can truthfully advertise the savings. Different companies use different criteria so it’s extremely important to compare quotes as often as possible. It is impossible to predict which insurance companies will have the lowest rate quotes.
Save a ton by earning discounts
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you may find discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but a few must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or former government employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease with some car insurance companies.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- College Student – College-age children who live away from home at college and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds that choose to allow their car insurance company to look at driving manner by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies will let one accident slide without getting socked with a rate hike if you have no claims for a set time period.
- Good Student Discount – Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
Companies and their possible discounts are:
- Progressive may have discounts that include online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including AAA membership discount, multi-car, anti-theft, good student, good driver, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for business and professional, early shopping, pay in full, bundle discounts, and youthful driver.
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, good student, federal employee, defensive driver, and membership and employees.
- Esurance discounts include emergency road assistance, online quote, multi-policy, homeowner, DriveSense, and Switch & Save.
- SAFECO offers discounts including multi-car, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, and accident prevention training.
- State Farm includes discounts for defensive driving training, good driver, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, good student, and accident-free.
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in Chicago. To locate companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Chicago, click here to view.
Local agents and insurance
Certain consumers just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper prices and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your information is transmitted to companies in Chicago that provide free Chicago car insurance quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. You can find better rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to quote rates from one company in particular, you can always search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best company requires more thought than just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Are they full-time agents?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
One last thing to lower rates
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, poor customer service, not issuing a premium refund and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, an insured cut collision coverage only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on GMC Acadia insurance in Chicago. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest GMC Acadia rate quotes. You may even find the lowest rates come from a smaller regional carrier.
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Felons in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Chicago? (FAQ)
- How Much is Chicago Car Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)