How long has it been since you sat down and looked for low-cost Honda Accord insurance in Chicago? Purchasing the cheapest Chicago Honda Accord insurance quotes on the internet may be rather challenging for beginners to online price comparisons. Since there are so many insurers to choose from, how can anyone possibly compare every company to locate cheaper insurance prices?
Amazlingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that most Illinois insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never quoted insurance rates at all. With the average premium in the United States being $1,847, drivers could save $860 every year just by shopping around, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare rates.
Consumers need to get comparison quotes quite often since prices go up and down regularly. Even if you think you had the best deal on Honda Accord insurance in Chicago six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because I’m going to teach you the fastest and easiest way to lower your annual insurance bill.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to find the best rates using this strategy. This information will help you learn how car insurance quotes work and some tricks to saving. But Illinois consumers do need to learn the methods companies use to determine prices and take advantage of how the system works.
Low cost Honda Accord insurance prices in Chicago
Most of the larger companies make it easy to get price estimates from their websites. Comparing Honda Accord insurance rates online is fairly simple as you simply enter your coverage preferences on the page. Upon sending the form, their system collects your driving record and credit report and quotes a price determined by many factors.
The ability to get online rate quotes for Honda Accord insurance in Chicago helps simplify price comparisons, and it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for lower-cost rates.
To quickly find out how much you can save on auto insurance, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you duplicate deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. This way, you will be getting an apples-to-apples comparison based on similar coverages.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Chicago, IL. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$160||$256||$228||$14||$68||$726||$61|
|Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$168||$316||$288||$18||$86||$876||$73|
|Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$168||$316||$288||$18||$86||$876||$73|
|Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$84||$150||$214||$12||$64||$524||$44|
|Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$140||$260||$268||$16||$80||$764||$64|
|Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$466||$268||$16||$80||$1,050||$88|
|Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$194||$468||$334||$20||$100||$1,116||$93|
|Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$194||$492||$334||$20||$100||$1,140||$95|
|Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$196||$412||$334||$20||$100||$1,062||$89|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in specific garaging location which can influence auto insurance rates substantially.
Yearly auto insurance costs for men versus women
The information below visualizes the comparison of Honda Accord insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no violations or accidents, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
Save with these discounts on Honda Accord insurance in Chicago
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but there could be significant discounts to help bring down the price. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but a few must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Chicago Homeowners Pay Less – Owning your own home or condo can help you save on auto insurance because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Good Student – Being a good student may save you up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Telematics Data – People who choose to allow their insurance company to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Drivers without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% as compared to drivers with claims.
You should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic.
A few of the larger companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for accident-free, ease of repair, type of vehicle, location of vehicle, good student, low natural disaster claims, and annual mileage.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include youthful driver, alternative fuel, teen driver, distant student, and pay in full.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for good student, driver training, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe driver, renewal discount, and youthful driver.
- State Farm offers discounts including good driver, anti-theft, driver’s education, multiple autos, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and safe vehicle.
- Allstate has savings for premier discount, safe driver, eSmart discount, good payer, and early signing.
- GEICO may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, defensive driver, seat belt use, and multi-vehicle.
When getting free Chicago auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all the companies how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in Chicago. If you would like to see a list of companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Illinois, click this link.
Why Smart Consumers Pay Less for Honda Accord Insurance
Many factors are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, although others are more obscure such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
The items below are some of the things used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Tickets inflate prices – Attentive drivers have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Even a single citation can bump up the cost substantially. Drivers who get license-revoking citations like reckless driving or DUI may find they need to prove financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Get hitched and pay lower premiums – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money on your auto insurance bill. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and responsible and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – Companies in Illinois generally give discounts to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Prevent auto insurance policy lapses – Driving without insurance coverage in place is a big no-no and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you fines or a revoked license.
- Gender and insurance coverage – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Both sexes tend to get into auto accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to get cited for more serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Youthful male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
- Honda Accord historical loss data – Insurance companies use statistical claims data as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that the data determines to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more for specific coverages. The next table illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Honda Accord vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, as an average, is set at 100. Percentages below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentage values above 100 point to more claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Honda Accord Models
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Accord 91 85 90 122 117 94 Honda Accord Hybrid 96 80 98 89 76 84 Honda Accord Crosstour 4dr 2WD 85 97 83 122 113 94 Honda Accord Crosstour 4dr 4WD 99 102 94 120 93
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare rate quotes but work with a neighborhood Chicago auto insurance agent
Some people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that One of the great benefits of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still have a local agent. And supporting local agents is important particularly in Chicago.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your information is submitted to participating agents in Chicago that provide free Chicago auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. You’ll get the best rates and work with a local agent. If you need to compare rates from a specific company, just go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
What type of Chicago car insurance agent is right for you?
When researching a reputable agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Chicago are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so they can write business amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured. If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to get quotes from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most have the option of insuring with less well-known companies which could offer lower prices.
Listed below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Chicago who can help you get pricing information.
- Active Insurance Agency – Auto Insurance
1034 N Ashland Ave – Chicago, IL 60622 – (773) 286-3473 – View Map
- Northwest Insurance Network Inc
4450 N Western Ave – Chicago, IL 60625 – (773) 433-3300 – View Map
- Eagle Insurance Agency
3517 N Spaulding Ave – Chicago, IL 60618 – (773) 463-7576 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. These agents are usually well trained on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Many people buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand name rather than low rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Chicago who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Jim Tom – State Farm Insurance Agent
4317 N Lincoln Ave – Chicago, IL 60618 – (773) 477-3300 – View Map
- Russ Spinelli – State Farm Insurance Agent
1525 E 53rd St #727 – Chicago, IL 60615 – (773) 955-3133 – View Map
- Mike Matkowskyj – State Farm Insurance Agent
2452 W Chicago Ave – Chicago, IL 60622 – (773) 486-4444 – View Map
Deciding on an auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the price. A good agent in Chicago will have answers to these questions.
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
Different people need different car insurance coverages
When quoting and choosing the best car insurance coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might point out if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
One last note
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to find affordable Honda Accord insurance in Chicago. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the best prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, lack of trust in their agent, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and questionable increases in premium. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right car insurance provider can be easier than you think.
Some insurance providers do not provide online rate quotes and many times these smaller providers only sell through local independent agencies. Cheap Honda Accord insurance in Chicago can be purchased from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection.
Additional car insurance information can be read at these links:
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Hybrid Vehicles in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Bad Credit in Chicago? (FAQ)
- How Much are Chicago Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)