Do you want a faster way to compare more competitive car insurance rates in Chicago, IL? Chicago buyers have options when searching for the best price on Kia Spectra insurance. They can either waste time driving around to compare prices or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates. There is a better way to find car insurance online so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for your Kia and get the best price possible from Chicago insurance agents and online providers.
Consumers need to take a look at other company’s rates periodically because rates are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the lowest rate on Kia Spectra insurance in Chicago two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re about to learn the best methods to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
If you are already insured or are just looking to switch companies, use these tips to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. This article will instruct you on how car insurance works and also save some money in the process Drivers just need to learn the proper way to compare different rates from multiple carriers.
Chicago insurance discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but some need to be asked about before you will receive the discount. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
- Student in College – Children living away from Chicago attending college and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Multiple Cars – Buying a policy with several vehicles on the same insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Kia could earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a class that teaches defensive driving techniques is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Larger insurance companies have lower insurance rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a house in Chicago can earn you a little savings because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Libery Mutual, GEICO and Allstate will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free insurance policy, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will reduce the premium cost.
To choose insurers offering insurance discounts in Illinois, follow this link.
The following companies are ready to provide free quotes in Illinois. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Chicago Insurance Prices are Influenced by These Factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that play a part in calculating your car insurance rates. If you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that could result in much lower annual insurance costs. Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but some are more transparent such as your marital status or your commute time.
Listed below are just a few of the factors used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Where you call home can affect costs – Choosing to live in a small town can save you money when it comes to car insurance. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with more road rage incidents and longer commute times. Lower population means fewer accidents.
- Costs go up with performance – The performance of the car or truck you own makes a big difference in your rates. The cheapest insurance rates are usually for low performance passenger vehicles, but other factors influence the final cost greatly. Because the Kia Spectra is considered a passenger car, rates will be similar in price or lower than the average rate where you live in Chicago.
- Where do you drive? – The higher the miles on your Kia in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers price each vehicle’s coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles left parked in the garage receive lower rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Verify your declarations sheet is showing the proper vehicle usage. Having the wrong rating on your Spectra can cost quite a bit.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Being married can get you a discount on your car insurance bill. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Bundle policies and save – Some companies allow discounts for people who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, you still need to compare other company rates to guarantee you are still saving the most. Consumers may save even more than the discount by splitting coverages up.
- Use but don’t abuse your insurance – Car insurance companies in Illinois generally give the lowest premiums to people who only file infrequent claims. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance coverage is designed for larger claims.
- Always keep your car insurance in place – Driving any period of time without insurance is illegal and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. In addition to paying higher rates, getting caught without coverage could result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Get a ticket, pay higher prices – Attentive drivers receive lower rates than their less careful counterparts. Getting just one speeding ticket or other violation can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Drivers who have flagrant violations like DUI or willful reckless driving may be required to complete a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
Which is the best insurance?
When selecting adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you.
For example, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Auto insurance agents are professional risk managers
Certain consumers just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. Experienced insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your business. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent to your email. If you want to compare prices from a specific company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking a insurer is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
When finding a reputable agency, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Chicago are considered either exclusive or independent. Either one can handle insurance, but it is important to understand the difference in how they write coverage since it can impact which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents work for only one company such as Allstate and State Farm. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. A lot of people use the same agent partially due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are Chicago exclusive insurance agencies that can give you price quotes.
- Dwayne Jackson – State Farm Insurance Agent
1345 W Taylor St – Chicago, IL 60607 – (312) 455-0675 – View Map
- Linda Kuczka – State Farm Insurance Agent
954 W Webster Ave – Chicago, IL 60614 – (773) 975-9111 – View Map
- John Kim – State Farm Insurance Agent
5700 N Lincoln Ave #209 – Chicago, IL 60659 – (773) 561-1700 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can quote rates with many companies so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
When comparison shopping, we highly recommend that you include independent agents to have the best price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through companies that do not advertise much which may provide better rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Chicago willing to provide rate quotes.
- Skyline Insurance Agency, Inc.
2302 W Belmont Ave – Chicago, IL 60618 – (773) 525-7500 – View Map
- Serpe Insurance Agency
2538 N Lincoln Ave – Chicago, IL 60614 – (773) 871-0808 – View Map
- Eagle Insurance Agency
3517 N Spaulding Ave – Chicago, IL 60618 – (773) 463-7576 – View Map
After getting good answers for all questions you ask as well as a price you’re happy with, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that is professional and can properly service your insurance policy.
Why you need Kia vehicle insurance in Illinois
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Chicago, paying for insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific level of liability if you want to drive legally. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, most lenders will stipulate that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Kia for a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average driver in Illinois is overpaying more than $869 every year so shop around at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
A little work can save a LOT of money
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where an insured dropped collision coverage only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can reduce Kia Spectra insurance rates online in Chicago. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost Chicago auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Cheaper Kia Spectra insurance in Chicago is attainable on the web and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not offer rate quotes online and these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
To read more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chicago Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Chicago? (FAQ)
- How Much is Chicago Car Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)