Want to save money and find low-cost Mercury Sable insurance in Chicago? Price shopping your Mercury Sable insurance in Chicago is frustrating for drivers who have little experience online price comparisons. With such a big selection of agents and online companies available, it can quickly become a ton of work to find the perfect company for you.
Unthinkable but true, a large majority of drivers in Illinois have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates from other carriers. Most drivers in America could cut their rates by 47% a year just by shopping around, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare rate quotes online.
It’s a good habit to do price comparisons every six months since insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the lowest rate on Mercury Sable insurance in Chicago a year ago you will most likely find a better price today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re about to learn the right way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
If you are insured now, you stand a good chance to be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using these tips. Comparing quotes for the cheapest policy in Chicago is simple if you know the tricks. But Illinois vehicle owners do need to learn the methods companies use to price online insurance because rates fluctuate considerably.
Cheapest car insurance in Chicago, IL
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Illinois. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Determine discounts to get cheap Chicago insurance rates
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts to help offset the cost. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of quoting, but some need to be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more on Sable insurance in Chicago.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a deployed family member may lower your prices slightly.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles with the same insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Bundle and Save – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of up to 20% and get you cheaper Sable insurance.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Chicago car insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- Accident Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents have much lower rates as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Chicago Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on insurance since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride. Any qualifying discounts will lower the premium cost.
A list of insurance companies and their possible discounts are:
- GEICO may include discounts for daytime running lights, military active duty, multi-policy, air bags, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, and defensive driver.
- Travelers discounts include home ownership, good student, student away at school, early quote, multi-policy, multi-car, and save driver.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe driver, renewal discount, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for newly married, multi-policy, newly retired, new graduate, new vehicle discount, safety features, and new move discount.
- American Family offers premium reductions for mySafetyValet, air bags, bundled insurance, good student, Steer into Savings, and good driver.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
If you want affordable Mercury Sable insurance quotes, ask every insurance company to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in Chicago. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Illinois, follow this link.
You Can Change Your Insurance Costs
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that go into determining auto insurance rates. When you understand what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in lower auto insurance prices.
Listed below are just a few of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rates.
Lower miles driven equals lower premium – The more miles you rack up on your Mercury in a year’s time the more you will pay for auto insurance. Most companies rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Autos not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate than those that get driven frequently. Incorrect rating for your Sable may be wasting your money. Double check that your auto insurance policy properly reflects annual mileage, because it can save money.
Guys tend to take more risk – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Females and males are responsible for fender benders in similar percentages, but the males have accidents that have higher claims. Men also tend to receive more major tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are the most expensive to insure and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
Premiums may be higher where you live – Having an address in less populated areas can be a good thing when it comes to auto insurance. People who live in big cities tend to have more auto accidents and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers and short commutes means less chance of accidents in addition to lower liability claims
Liability protection is cheap – Liability insurance will protect you if ever you are ruled to be at fault for damages from an accident. It provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
It’s not one size fits all
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance needs to address that.
For example, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Chicago?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Getting quotes from local Chicago auto insurance agents
Many drivers would rather talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper premium rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to participating agents in Chicago who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to drive around since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You can get cheaper insurance rates AND a local agent. If you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best insurance company is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Get answers to these questions too.
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- If they are an independent agency in Chicago, which companies do they recommend?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- How many years have they been established?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
Below are agents in Chicago that can give you rate quotes for Mercury Sable insurance in Chicago.
- Grace Murray – State Farm Insurance Agent
7035 W Grand Ave – Chicago, IL 60707 – (708) 453-1771 – View Map
- Lincoln Auto Insurance
855 W Washington Blvd – Chicago, IL 60607 – (312) 666-8800 – View Map
- Sylvia Torres Underhill – State Farm Insurance Agent
2422 S Oakley Ave – Chicago, IL 60608 – (773) 376-1166 – View Map
- Mark Mackey – State Farm Insurance Agent
3338 W Foster Ave – Chicago, IL 60625 – (773) 604-4334 – View Map
You can lower your insurance rates
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to lower your Mercury Sable insurance premium rates in Chicago. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the best price on insurance is with an unexpected company. These smaller insurers can often provide lower prices in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
More affordable insurance in Chicago is possible online and with local Chicago insurance agents, so you need to quote Chicago car insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these small insurance companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Auto Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)