Do you want to learn how to find lower-priced Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance in Chicago? Perplexed by the number of auto insurance companies that you can choose from? Many other drivers are as well. There are such a large number of options that it can quickly become a real difficult job to compare auto insurance rates on Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance. If you live there, you know that Chicago is a great city to raise a family in, but getting gouged by high auto insurance rates can make it very difficult to be able to buy decent coverage.
Unbelievable but true according to a study almost 70% of insureds have been with the same company for over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. With the average premium in Illinois being $1,498, drivers can cut their rates by almost $590 a year, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare other rate quotes.
Don’t overlook these Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance discounts
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but you might find some hidden discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Putting insurance on a new i-MiEV can cost up to 25% less because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with one company you will save nearly 15% which can help you find low cost Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow companies to look at driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low annual miles could be rewarded with substantially lower car insurance rates.
- Student in College – Older children who live away from home at college and leave their car at home can receive lower rates.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of larger companies will give you a small discount for signing up over the internet.
You should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
Larger car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-policy, good student, online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, good student, good driver, multi-policy, claim-free, accident-free
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for good driver, accident-free, age of vehicle, location of vehicle, good student, low natural disaster claims, and annual mileage.
- Nationwide has savings for family plan, accident-free, easy pay, anti-theft, good student, and defensive driving.
- GEICO may include discounts for good student, air bags, seat belt use, multi-policy, military active duty, and driver training.
- AAA has discounts for multi-car, anti-theft, good driver, pay-in-full, good student, multi-policy, and education and occupation.
Double check with all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts may not be offered everywhere. For a list of car insurance companies offering car insurance discounts in Illinois, click here.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that making a lot of price comparisons increases your odds of finding more affordable rates. Not every company provides Chicago i-MiEV insurance quotes online, so it’s necessary to compare quotes from them, too.
The following companies offer quotes in Chicago, IL. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the lowest rates.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When selecting coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Illinois?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Mitsubishi i-MiEV is totaled?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Local Chicago auto insurance agents and insurance
Some consumers just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! One of the benefits of comparing insurance online is that you can find cheap insurance rates and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Chicago who want to provide quotes for your coverage. There is no need to leave your house since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. Get lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, just navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing a provider requires more thought than just a cheap quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Is there a local claims center in Chicago?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
When finding a local Chicago insurance agency, it’s important to understand the types of agencies to choose from. Agencies in Chicago are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Drivers often buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Chicago who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Mike Matkowskyj – State Farm Insurance Agent
2452 W Chicago Ave – Chicago, IL 60622 – (773) 486-4444 – View Map
- Mark Mackey – State Farm Insurance Agent
3338 W Foster Ave – Chicago, IL 60625 – (773) 604-4334 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Maribel Marron
3060 W Armitage Ave – Chicago, IL 60647 – (773) 572-9495 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured.
When searching for an agent, it’s recommended you get some free quotes from a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Most also have access to smaller companies which may have better rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Chicago who can help you get price quotes.
- KSA Insurance Agency
7158 W Grand Ave – Chicago, IL 60707 – (773) 804-9000 – View Map
- Lakeview Insurance Agency, Ltd.
3438 N Southport Ave – Chicago, IL 60657 – (773) 871-8000 – View Map
- Illinois Vehicle Auto Insurance (Xpert)
1858 W 18th St – Chicago, IL 60608 – (312) 226-1033 – View Map
Persistence pays off
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims and even policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
When you buy Chicago auto insurance online, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
The cheapest Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance in Chicago can be sourced on the web and also from your neighborhood Chicago agents, so get free Chicago auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not provide internet price quotes and many times these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chicago Auto Insurance for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)