Are you tired of scraping nickels together to make your auto insurance payment? You are in the same boat as many other Illinois consumers.
A recent study showed that about 70% of customers have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and just under half have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Many consumers in the U.S. could pocket approximately 47% a year just by shopping around, but they just don’t understand the large savings they would see if they replace their high priced policy. There are many insurance companies to buy insurance from, and even though it’s nice to have multiple companies, so many choices can make it hard to find a good deal for Chevy Aveo insurance in Chicago.
Best Chevy Aveo insurance rates in Illinois
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Illinois. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Aveo LS 4-Dr Hatchback||$184||$368||$268||$16||$80||$916||$76|
|Aveo LS 4-Dr Sedan||$184||$368||$268||$16||$80||$916||$76|
|Aveo LT 4-Dr Hatchback||$140||$252||$262||$16||$78||$748||$62|
|Aveo LT 4-Dr Sedan||$196||$396||$246||$14||$74||$926||$77|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in zip code location which can influence coverage rates greatly.
Auto insurance premiums based on gender
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Chevrolet Aveo car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Do you qualify for discounts on Chevy Aveo insurance in Chicago?
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might already qualify for some discounts to help offset the cost. Some discounts will apply when you purchase, but some discounts are required to be manually applied before they will apply.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving less could qualify for better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for all your vehicles on the same car insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Chicago auto insurance quote.
- Online Discount – A few car insurance companies may give you up to $50 shop Chicago auto insurance on their website.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Older drivers may be able to get a small discount on rates.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
- Auto/Life Discount – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Safety Course Discount – Passing a class that teaches driver safety techniques may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
Don’t be shocked that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
Some companies that may include some of the discounts shown above possibly include:
If you are trying to find low cost Chicago auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in your area. To choose insurers that offer discounts in Chicago, follow this link.
Chevy Aveo Insurance Rate Factors
Many factors are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but other criteria are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
Liability protection risk factors in – The liability coverage on your policy provides coverage if you are found to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. This coverage provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Prices may be higher where you live – Being located in small towns and rural areas is a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. People who live in big cities tend to have more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accident claims in addition to fewer liability claims.
Policy add-ons could be costing you – Insurance policies have a lot of additional extra coverages that you can buy if you don’t pay attention. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness, and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good when you first buy your policy, but if you have no use for them remove them from your policy.
How do annual miles impact rates? – Driving more miles every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Almost all companies calculate prices based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than cars that get driven a lot. Double check that your auto insurance coverage correctly shows the correct usage for each vehicle. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Aveo may be wasting your money.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
Always keep in mind that when comparing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Will my Chevy Aveo be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- If my car is totalled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Neighborhood insurance agents
Many drivers just want to buy from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. A good thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this short form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents in Chicago who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. If you need to get a price quote from a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an insurer needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- How many companies do they write for?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
If you are wanting to find a local insurance agency, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they operate. Agencies in Chicago are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s good to learn the differences since it may influence which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company and examples are Allstate and State Farm. They are unable to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. They are very knowledgeable on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below are Chicago exclusive agents who can help you get price quotes.
Sylvia Torres Underhill – State Farm Insurance Agent
2422 S Oakley Ave – Chicago, IL 60608 – (773) 376-1166 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents do not have single company limitations so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured. When comparing auto insurance rates, it’s a good idea to get several quotes from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
The following are independent insurance agents in Chicago that are able to give price quote information.
W.A. George Insurance Agency
155 N Michigan Ave #300 – Chicago, IL 60601 – (312) 729-5265 – View Map
KSA Insurance Agency
7158 W Grand Ave – Chicago, IL 60707 – (773) 804-9000 – View Map
Cover all your bases
Budget-friendly car insurance in Chicago is attainable online and with local Chicago insurance agents, so you need to quote Chicago auto insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not have online price quotes and usually these smaller providers work with local independent agencies.
In this article, we presented many ideas to save on Chevy Aveo insurance in Chicago. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)