Trying to find cheaper insurance for a Chevy Sonic in Illinois can turn out to be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks to find lower rates. There is a better way to shop for insurance and you need to know the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for a new or used Chevy and obtain the lowest price from Chicago insurance agents and online providers.
It’s smart to take a look at other company’s rates quite often because insurance prices change frequently. If you had the best price on Chevy Sonic insurance in Chicago a few years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. There is a lot of wrong information about Sonic insurance on the internet, but in a few minutes you can learn the easiest ways to slash your insurance rates in Chicago.
If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, you can use these techniques to reduce premiums and possibly find even better coverage. Shopping around for affordable policy in Chicago is easy to do. Vehicle owners just have to use the least time-consuming way to compare price quotes from many different companies online.
Finding a lower price on Chevy Sonic insurance is surprisingly easy. All you need to do is spend a few minutes on the computer comparing free Chicago auto insurance quotes from some recommended companies.
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Chicago, IL. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts on Chevy Sonic insurance in Chicago?
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise every discount very well, so we researched some of the best known and also the lesser-known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Early Signing – Select larger companies give a discount for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current Sonic insurance policy. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Chicago Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house in Chicago can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Good Grades Discount – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but some companies like Libery Mutual, GEICO and Allstate will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims for a specific time period.
- Passive Restraints – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
To see companies offering car insurance discounts in Illinois, click this link.
Buying from insurance agencies
A small number of people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision Licensed agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent directly to your email. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, you can always navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good insurance company should depend on more than just the quoted price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Will they give you a referral list?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Chicago?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
Your car insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When quoting and comparing your policy for your vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your policy should reflect that.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- If my car is totalled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Lower Insurance Rates with These Tips
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that help calculate the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find lower rates.
Do you really need roadside assistance? – There are quite a few add-on coverages that can waste your money but may not be useful. Things like rental car reimbursement, high-cost glass coverage, and membership fees are probably not needed. These may sound like a good investment initially, but if you’ve never needed them in the past get rid of them and save.
Save money by raising coverage deductibles – Physical damage protection, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your Chevy. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be a windshield shattered by a rock, damage from fire, or theft. The deductibles you choose are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. The more money the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Age of drivers impacts rates – Teenage drivers in Illinois are known to be less responsible when behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a inexperienced driver to your policy can increase premiums substantially. More mature drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
Always have auto insurance – Not maintaining insurance is against the law and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance could result in a license revocation or jail time.
Insurance loss statistics a Chevy Sonic – Companies use statistical claims data to help calculate premium costs. Vehicles that historically have higher losses will cost more for coverage.
The data below shows the insurance loss data for Chevy Sonic vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Numbers under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers that are greater than 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger losses.
Chevrolet Sonic Insurance Claim Statistics
|Specific Chevrolet Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Even though Chicago Sonic insurance rates can get expensive, buying car insurance is mandatory in Illinois but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy Sonic has a lien holder, almost every bank will force you to buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Chevy gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so we recommend shopping around every year to save money.
Cheap car insurance prices are available
Lower-priced car insurance in Chicago can be bought both online and from local agencies, so you need to quote Chicago auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not provide online quoting and usually these regional carriers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We covered many tips how you can save on Chevy Sonic insurance in Chicago. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the most savings is with the least-expected company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
More tips and info about car insurance is located at these sites:
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chicago Auto Insurance for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)