Scraping up a payment for overpriced Chevrolet Trax insurance in Chicago can dwindle your funds and force you to cut corners elsewhere. Price shopping at each renewal is a fast and free way to lower your monthly bill.
Amazingly, the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and 38% of drivers have never shopped around. With the average premium in the United States being $1,847, drivers could save almost $850 a year, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to shop around. Multiple auto insurance companies compete for your business, so it’s not easy to compare every insurer to find the absolute best rates possible on Chevy Trax insurance in Chicago.
It’s a great practice to quote other rates quite often because insurance prices are constantly changing. Even if you think you had the best quotes on Chevy Trax insurance in Chicago last year there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re about to learn the only way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Companies offering Chevy Trax insurance in Illinois
The car insurance companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Chicago, IL. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you get prices from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Don’t overlook these Chevy Trax insurance discounts
Companies don’t always publicize every possible discount very well, so the following list contains some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive a small decrease in premiums.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save nearly 15% which can help you find inexpensive Chevrolet Trax insurance in Chicago.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a course teaching safe driver skills may get you a small discount if you qualify.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Chicago and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles may allow you to get better insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
As a footnote on discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount should definitely cut the premium cost.
To see providers that offer some of these discounts in Illinois, click here.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Lots of things are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
- Discounts for married couples – Having a spouse may earn you lower rates when shopping for auto insurance. It generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and responsible and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- High performance equals high prices – The make and model of the vehicle you drive makes a huge difference in your premium level. Since the Chevrolet Trax falls in the compact car class, rates will be the same to a little lower compared to average rates in Chicago. Lower performance four cylinder passenger models generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Prevent theft and reduce rates – Choosing to buy a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Anti-theft devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers help track and prevent your car from being stolen.
- City dwellers may pay more – Having an address in less populated areas of the country can save you money when talking about auto insurance. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. People in densely populated areas have much more traffic and more time behind the wheel. Spending more time driving translates into higher accident risk.
- Chevy Trax historical loss data – Insurance companies factor in historical loss data when setting premium costs. Models that have higher number or severity of losses will cost more for specific coverages. The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Chevy Trax vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is set at 100. Numbers below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Chevrolet Trax Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Trax 4dr 2WD 79 Chevrolet Trax 4dr 4WD 81
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local Chicago insurance agents
A small number of people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find better rates and also buy local. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Chicago.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is transmitted to participating agents in Chicago that can give you free Chicago car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a local agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they function. Car insurance policy providers are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand the subtle differences since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are not employed by any specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can just switch to a different company which makes it simple for you.
When comparing rates, we recommend you get several quotes from a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Featured below are Chicago independent insurance agencies that may be able to give free price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents write business for a single company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are very knowledgeable on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Chicago that are able to give rate quotes.
Greg King – State Farm Insurance Agent
5508 S Lake Park Ave – Chicago, IL 60637 – (773) 643-6200 – View Map
Choosing the best auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Some important questions to ask are:
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
Smart consumers save more
Lower-priced auto insurance in Chicago can be bought on the web in addition to many Chicago insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies may not provide rates over the internet and these small insurance companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
When getting Chicago car insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds in Chicago? (FAQ)
- How Much is Chicago Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Bad Credit in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)