How long has it been since you compared lower-priced auto insurance rates in Chicago, IL? Chicago buyers have options when searching for affordable Chevy Avalanche insurance. They can either spend hours calling around to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to compare rates.
There are more efficient ways to find auto insurance online so we’re going to tell you the proper way to quote coverages on a Chevy and get the lowest price from both online companies and Chicago agents.
Best companies for low-cost Chevy Avalanche insurance in Illinois
The providers in the list below can provide free quotes in Chicago, IL. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Avalanche LS 2WD||$196||$334||$342||$20||$102||$994||$83|
|Avalanche LT 2WD||$196||$392||$368||$22||$110||$1,088||$91|
|Avalanche LS 4WD||$228||$400||$326||$20||$98||$1,072||$89|
|Avalanche LT 4WD||$218||$468||$342||$20||$102||$1,150||$96|
|Avalanche LTZ 2WD||$322||$478||$428||$26||$128||$1,382||$115|
|Avalanche LTZ 4WD||$244||$452||$424||$26||$126||$1,272||$106|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in specific Chicago garaging location which can increase or decrease prices substantially.
Analysis of deductible levels
The diagram below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can affect Chevrolet Avalanche insurance costs for different age groups. The rates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Verify you’re earning every discount
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but there could be available discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time you complete a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about prior to getting the savings. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Smart Student Discounts – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Telematics Discount – Chicago drivers who agree to allow their car insurance company to track driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Club Memberships – Joining a qualifying organization may earn a discount on your policy.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few companies offer discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current Avalanche insurance policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but companies like State Farm and Allstate may permit one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
To choose providers who offer online Chevy Avalanche insurance quotes in Chicago, click here to view.
Local Chicago auto insurance agents and insurance
Some consumers would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. A good thing about getting online price quotes is you can get cheap insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with local agents is especially important in Chicago.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Chicago that give free quotes to get your business. You don’t have to contact an agency as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you need to quote rates from a specific company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
If you need to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they operate. Agencies in Chicago are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types of agents can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s a good idea to understand the differences since it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not limited to a single company and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent.
If you need lower rates, you absolutely need to compare prices from independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Most independent agents also contract with mutual insurance companies which can save you money.
Below are Chicago independent agents that may be able to give you free insurance rate quotes.
- Lakeview Insurance Agency, Ltd.
3438 N Southport Ave – Chicago, IL 60657 – (773) 871-8000 – View Map
- Active Insurance Agency – Auto Insurance
1034 N Ashland Ave – Chicago, IL 60622 – (773) 286-3473 – View Map
- Riehn Insurance
4541 N Lincoln Ave – Chicago, IL 60625 – (773) 561-4200 – View Map
These type of agents can only place business with one company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some people will only choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
Below are Chicago exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get price quote information.
- Roni Siegel – State Farm Insurance Agent
860 N Clark St – Chicago, IL 60610 – (312) 751-0500 – View Map
- Dave Rundle – State Farm Insurance Agent
4316 W 63rd St – Chicago, IL 60629 – (773) 735-0135 – View Map
- Judith Gleason – State Farm Insurance Agent
2643 N Harlem Ave – Chicago, IL 60707 – (773) 637-8547 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Which family members are covered?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Where are claims handled?
Do drivers who switch really save?
Illinois drivers can’t get away from ads that claim the best auto insurance rates from the likes of Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. All the ads advertise claims about how much you will save if you just switch your car insurance coverage to their company.
How is it possible that every company can make almost identical claims?
Insurance companies offer their best rates for the type of driver that makes them money. For instance, a profitable customer might have to be over the age of 40, has had continuous coverage, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. Anybody who fits that profile will get low auto insurance rates and will probably save quite a bit of money when switching.
People who don’t measure up to the ideal profile will have to pay a higher premium which translates to business not being written. If you pay attention, the ads say “customers who switch” not “everyone who quotes” save that kind of money. That’s why insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings.
Because of this risk profiling, you absolutely need to do a rate comparison at every renewal. It is just not possible to predict which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings.
Cheap coverage is out there
In this article, we covered many ideas to compare Chevy Avalanche insurance prices in Chicago. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Chicago auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the best prices are with the least-expected company.
Some insurance companies may not provide internet price quotes and many times these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agents. Lower-priced insurance in Chicago is possible from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
As you shop your coverage around, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
More information is located on the following sites:
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Car Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Santa Fe? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Camry in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)