Would you like to stop wasting money and find low-cost Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Chicago? Did you come to the realization that you have an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? You’re in good company because many Chicago consumers feel financially strained by their car insurance policy.
Unbelievable but true according to a study a large majority of drivers in Illinois kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and almost 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Many drivers in the U.S. can cut their rates by almost $860 a year, but most undervalue how much they could save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. Drivers have multiple insurance companies to choose from, and even though it’s nice to have multiple companies, it makes it harder to compare company pricing for Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Chicago.
Best Chevy Bolt EV insurance price quotes in Illinois
The following companies have been selected to offer free quotes in Illinois. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
Do you qualify for discounts on Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Chicago?
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there could be available discounts that can help lower your rates. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about before being credited. If you do not double check each discount available, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Driver’s Education for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Policyholders that allow driving data submission to study driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may see discounts if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Sign Online – Some larger companies will provide an incentive for signing up over the internet.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but some insurance companies may permit one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a course in defensive driving could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Chicago car insurance quote.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic. But all discounts will reduce the cost of your policy.
If you would like to see a list of insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Chicago, click this link.
Compare rate quotes but work with a local neighborhood Chicago car insurance agent
Many drivers would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Professional agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this short form, the coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Chicago who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to visit any agencies because prices are sent to you directly. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good company should depend on more than just the quoted price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a local Chicago insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Agencies in Chicago are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types of agents can write policy coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in how they write coverage because it can influence your selection of an agent.
These agents can only quote rates from one company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below are Chicago exclusive agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can quote policies with lots of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent. When searching for an agent, you definitely need to get several quotes from multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below are independent agents in Chicago willing to provide price quotes.
Save $493 a year? Really?
Illinois consumers can’t ignore all the ads for auto insurance savings by companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all tend to make the same promise that drivers can save some big amount if you switch your auto insurance policy to them.
How does every auto insurance company say the same thing? It’s all in the wording.
Insurance companies look for specific characteristics for the type of customer that will be a good risk. For instance, a desirable risk might have to be married and over the age of 30, has never had a claim, and has great credit. Any customer that fits those parameters will get the preferred prices in Chicago and will also pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential customers who cannot meet these standards will get more expensive rates which results in business not being written. The wording the ads use say “customers that switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” can get the lowest rates when switching. That’s the way insurance companies can advertise the savings. This illustrates why you absolutely need to do a quote comparison often. You cannot predict the company that will have better prices than you’re paying now.
One last note
Affordable Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Chicago can be found from both online companies in addition to many Chicago insurance agents, so you need to quote Chicago car insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not offer online quoting and these smaller companies only sell through local independent agents.
As you quote Chicago car insurance, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Chicago Car Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)