Did budget coverage turn out to be an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you many Chicago drivers have buyer’s remorse.
Unbelievable but true according to a study most auto insurance buyers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Many consumers in Chicago could save an average of nearly $586 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they won’t spend time to do a rate comparison.
Popular companies such as State Farm, Progressive and GEICO constantly blast consumers with ad campaigns and it can be hard to sift through the bull and find the best price available.
If you have a policy now, you will surely be able to cut your premiums using the ideas covered in this article. Buying affordable auto insurance in Chicago seems hard but is not really that difficult. Although Illinois consumers must know the way companies sell insurance online.
Low-cost companies for Chrysler Crossfire insurance in Illinois
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Chicago, IL. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
Components of Your Chrysler Crossfire Insurance Prices
Many different elements are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are less apparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is. One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. If you understand what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower rates of occupant injuries means lower claim amounts and cheaper rates on your policy. If the Chrysler Crossfire has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may be receiving a better rate.
- Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can thwart vehicle theft.
- Too many insurance claims drive up rates – If you tend to file frequent claims, you should expect higher rates. Auto insurance companies in Illinois give the best rates to drivers who only file infrequent claims. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Big city or small town – Residing in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect when shopping for auto insurance. Less people corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to lower liability claims Drivers who live in large Illinois cities have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and more severe claims. More time on the road means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Gals tend to take less risk – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Males and females cause accidents in similar numbers, but males tend to have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
Take advantage of these discounts
Some insurers do not advertise every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to you.
- Smart Student Discounts – Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Chicago auto insurance quote. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current Crossfire insurance policy. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance and place coverage with the same company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Mature drivers may receive reduced rates.
- Drivers Ed for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers take driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower prices.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you could get a free insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Some of the larger companies who might offer these benefits include:
Double check with all the companies to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer discounts in Illinois, follow this link.
Insurance agent or online?
A small number of people just want to buy from a local agent and that is not a bad decision The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting neighborhood agents is still important in Chicago.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance data gets sent to insurance agents in Chicago that can give you free Chicago auto insurance quotes to get your business. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. Get lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to compare rates from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the price. A good agent in Chicago will have answers to these questions.
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- How long has their agency been open in Chicago?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Will they give you a referral list?
Do you really save 40% when you switch?
Auto insurance companies such as State Farm and Allstate regularly use ads on TV and radio. All the ads advertise claims that you’ll save big if you get a free Chicago auto insurance quote and switch your auto insurance policy to them. But how can every company save you money on Chrysler Crossfire insurance in Chicago?
Auto insurance companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of customer that earns them a profit. An example of this type of risk profile should be a married male, insures multiple vehicles, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. A propective insured who meets those qualifications will most likely get cheap rates and will most likely cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who cannot meet these standards will have to pay a more expensive rate and this results in the prospect going elsewhere. The wording the ads use say “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” can get the lowest rates when switching. That’s why insurance companies can confidently make those statements.
This really illustrates why it is so important to compare many company’s car insurance rates. Because without a comparison, you cannot know which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When quoting and comparing your policy, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are unique to you so your insurance should reflect that
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Who is covered when they drive my Chrysler Crossfire?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Don’t give up on cheaper coverage
We just presented many tips how you can lower your Chrysler Crossfire insurance premium rates in Chicago. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting low cost Chicago auto insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest premium rates come from some of the lesser-known companies. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
Some insurance providers may not offer internet price quotes and usually these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agencies. Budget-conscious Chrysler Crossfire insurance can be found online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Additional information is available below:
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)