Would you like to stop wasting money and find more affordable car insurance rates in Chicago, IL? Chicago shoppers have a choice when shopping for low-cost Dodge Avenger insurance. They can either waste time driving around to get rate comparisons or use the internet to compare rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for car insurance and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to compare rates on a Dodge and find the best price possible.
If you have coverage now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these techniques to reduce the price you pay and still have adequate protection. Our objective in writing this article is to instruct you on the most effective way to quote insurance and how you can save the most money. Vehicle owners only need an understanding of the most efficient way to get comparison quotes from many different companies online.
The providers in the list below can provide price quotes in Illinois. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in specific location which can lower or raise premiums substantially.
The example below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can affect Dodge Avenger insurance premiums for each age group. Data assumes a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Slash rates with these money saving discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always list all discounts very clearly, so the following list contains some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Chicago car insurance online. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Smart Student Discounts – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like GEICO and Allstate allow you one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Own a Home and Save – Just owning your own home may trigger a policy discount on car insurance since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Driver’s Ed – Teen drivers should enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a course teaching driver safety skills could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with one company you could get a discount of up to 20% and get you cheaper Avenger insurance.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings up to 30%.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Larger car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers discounts including defensive driving training, safe vehicle, passive restraint, good student, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and accident-free.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, and homeowner.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, and online signing.
- MetLife has discounts for multi-policy, claim-free, defensive driver, good driver, and accident-free.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for renewal discount, multi-policy, 55 and retired, youthful driver, safe driver, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- GEICO offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, daytime running lights, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, seat belt use, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO has savings for multi-car, teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, drive less, accident prevention training, and teen safety rewards.
If you want low cost Chicago car insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not apply everywhere.
Choosing the best Avenger insurance in Illinois is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Dodge Avenger in Chicago, buying insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific level of liability in order to be legal. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Avenger has a lien holder, most banks will stipulate that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Dodge at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Dodge Avenger. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying over $810 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agents
Some consumers prefer to talk to an insurance agent. Professional insurance agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is you may find better rates and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Chicago.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Chicago that provide free Chicago car insurance quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. In the event you want to compare rates from one company in particular, feel free to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
If you want to buy insurance from a good Chicago insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Insurance policy providers are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either can insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know how they differ since it can affect which agent you choose.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not write with just one company so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part.
When comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to get quotes from multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They often place coverage with mutual insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agents in Chicago that can give you cheap rate quotes.
- Northwest Insurance Network
330 S Wells St #1600 – Chicago, IL 60606 – (312) 427-1777 – View Map
- KSA Insurance Agency
7158 W Grand Ave – Chicago, IL 60707 – (773) 804-9000 – View Map
- Active Insurance Agency – Auto Insurance
1034 N Ashland Ave – Chicago, IL 60622 – (773) 286-3473 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are trained well on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the brand name rather than low price.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Chicago that are able to give price quotes.
- Tamika Echols – State Farm Insurance Agent
1611 N Clybourn Ave – Chicago, IL 60614 – (312) 944-9700 – View Map
- Roni Siegel – State Farm Insurance Agent
860 N Clark St – Chicago, IL 60610 – (312) 751-0500 – View Map
- Neal Gallo – State Farm Insurance Agent
6666 N Western Ave – Chicago, IL 60645 – (773) 743-6565 – View Map
Selecting a insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Chicago should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
After receiving good answers for all questions you ask and a good coverage price, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that meets your needs to insure your vehicles.