Do you want to learn how to find the cheapest auto insurance rates in Chicago, IL? Chicago drivers have lots of choices when trying to find the lowest priced Jaguar F-PACE insurance. They can either spend hours calling around trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to compare rates. There is a better way to find auto insurance online and you need to know the proper way to price shop coverage on a Jaguar and locate the lowest price from Chicago insurance agents and online providers.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Illinois. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Even though Chicago F-PACE insurance rates can get expensive, buying insurance is mandatory in Illinois but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Jaguar F-PACE, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Jaguar at a more expensive rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average American driver overpays more than $810 a year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Insurance Rate Influencing Factors
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that help calculate car insurance rates. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you better car insurance rates. Lots of factors are considered when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but some are less obvious such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
- Battle of the sexes – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. It does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Men and women cause auto accidents at about the same rate, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. They also receive more major tickets like driving under the influence (DUI).
- File claims and pay more – If you file claims often, don’t be surprised to see either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance companies in Illinois provide cheaper rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Higher prices for demanding vocations – Occupations such as judges, airline pilots, and financial analysts generally pay higher premium rates because of high stress levels and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, occupations such as professors, students and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
- Higher coverage deductibles are cheaper – Physical damage deductibles state the amount of money you are required to pay in the event of a claim. Insurance for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims are rearending another vehicle, animal collisions, and having a roll-over accident. The more expense the insured is willing to pay, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- Get better rates if married – Having a significant other can actually save you money on your car insurance bill. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more mature it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Only buy extra coverages you need – There are many additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your F-PACE policy. Coverages like personal injury protection, high-cost glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage may be costing you every month. The coverages may be enticing when you first buy your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Vehicles with high crash test scores cost less to insure. Highly rated vehicles protect occupants better and lower rates of occupant injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can mean better rates for you.
- Liability insurance risk factors in – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage if a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Affordable Chicago auto insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save nearly 15% which can help you find inexpensive Jaguar F-PACE insurance in Chicago.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual and GEICO will forgive one accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Life Insurance Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a lower auto insurance rate if you buy some life insurance too.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- Esurance has discounts for good student, Pac-12 alumni, homeowner, anti-theft, and safety device.
- The Hartford includes discounts for vehicle fuel type, driver training, good student, defensive driver, air bag, and bundle.
- AAA offers discounts including AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, education and occupation, good driver, multi-car, multi-policy, and good student.
- GEICO discounts include five-year accident-free, multi-policy, federal employee, good student, driver training, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including passive restraint, multiple autos, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, and defensive driving training.
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company the best way to save money. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in Chicago. For a list of auto insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Chicago, click here to view.
Local neighborhood agents and car insurance
Many drivers still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is not a bad decision Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to insurance agents in Chicago who will give you quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing an provider is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- What company do they have the most business with?
If you want to buy car insurance from a local Chicago insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Chicago are either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both handle car insurance, but it’s important to know the differences because it can influence which agent you choose.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Chicago that are able to give price quote information.
- Dwayne Jackson – State Farm Insurance Agent
1345 W Taylor St – Chicago, IL 60607 – (312) 455-0675 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
8549 S Cicero Ave – Chicago, IL 60652 – (773) 582-2886 – View Map
- Mike Matkowskyj – State Farm Insurance Agent
2452 W Chicago Ave – Chicago, IL 60622 – (773) 486-4444 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents often have affiliation with several companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you definitely need to contact independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with less well-known companies which may have better rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Chicago willing to provide price quotes.
- Riehn Insurance
4541 N Lincoln Ave – Chicago, IL 60625 – (773) 561-4200 – View Map
- Urban Insurance Agency
800 W Huron St #301 – Chicago, IL 60642 – (312) 664-8088 – View Map
- Public Insurance Agency
3656 N Cicero Ave – Chicago, IL 60641 – (773) 725-9333 – View Map
Upon getting good feedback to any questions you may have as well as offering an affordable quote, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to insure your vehicles.
Compare rates regularly to save
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, unfair underwriting practices, questionable increases in premium or extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, finding a new car insurance company can be less work than you think.
Low-cost Jaguar F-PACE insurance in Chicago can be bought both online as well as from independent agents in Chicago, so you need to shop Chicago car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some car insurance companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
More tips and info about car insurance can be read in the articles below: