Are you trying to find lower-priced Jeep Commander insurance in Chicago? If you are a novice to online car insurance shopping, it’s easy to get bewildered by the vast number of online car insurance companies and websites that all say they have the best rates for Jeep Commander insurance in Chicago.
Amazlingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that over 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never shopped around. Illinois consumers could save almost 40% every year, but they don’t believe the actual amount they would save if they changed companies.
You should make it a habit to get comparison quotes before your policy renews since prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you got the lowest rates on Jeep Commander insurance in Chicago a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re about to find out how to use the internet to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Chicago is much easier if you know where to start. If you have insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to save money using these tips. But Illinois vehicle owners can benefit from knowing how the larger insurance companies calculate your insurance rates and take advantage of how the system works.
Companies offer many types of discounts on Jeep Commander insurance in Chicago
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you may find discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- Sign Online – A handful of companies will give a small break for signing up on the internet.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for lower premium rates.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Waiver for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven’t had any claims for a specific time period.
- Multi-line Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles with the same company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies provide a discount for renewing your policy before your current expiration date. You could save around 10% when you buy Chicago car insurance online.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
The best insurance companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple autos, anti-theft, good driver, passive restraint, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Esurance may offer discounts for renters, safety device, claim free, defensive driver, and DriveSense.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, good student, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for multi-car, teen driver discount, newly retired, multi-policy, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for multiple vehicles, air bags, mature driver, anti-lock brakes, good student, and student away at school.
- GEICO has discounts for defensive driver, driver training, air bags, daytime running lights, and membership and employees.
If you want inexpensive Chicago car insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts they offer. Some credits might not be offered on policies in your state. For a list of insurers who offer cheap Jeep Commander insurance quotes in Chicago, follow this link.
Shop Jeep Commander insurance online
There are several ways to compare quotes from auto insurance companies in your area. The best way to do a complete rate comparison is simply to get online rate quotes. When price shopping your coverage, obtaining a wide range of quotes increases your odds of finding the best rates.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Chicago, IL. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Commander Sport 2WD||$144||$232||$250||$14||$76||$716||$60|
|Commander Sport 4WD||$160||$332||$294||$18||$88||$892||$74|
|Commander Limited 2WD||$244||$452||$340||$20||$102||$1,158||$97|
|Commander Limited 4WD||$248||$460||$316||$18||$94||$1,136||$95|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can impact rates substantially.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The diagram below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault claims can drive up Jeep Commander car insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The data assumes a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Local insurance agents
Many people still prefer to buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap insurance rates but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Chicago who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. There is no need to visit any agencies because prices are sent straight to your inbox. You’ll get the best rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you can always go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best provider requires more thought than just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Who are their largest clients?
- What company do they have the most business with?
Three reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of Jeep Commander insurance, paying for insurance is required in Illinois but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Jeep has a lien holder, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Jeep at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Jeep Commander. It also can pay for medical expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Jeep gets damaged, your insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $700 annually so compare rate quotes at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Auto insurance 101
Knowing the specifics of your policy aids in choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Medical expense insurance – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses like hospital visits, pain medications, rehabilitation expenses and EMT expenses. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision – This pays for damage to your Commander from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims such as driving through your garage door, backing into a parked car and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your Commander to bring the cost down.
Liability coverages – This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people. It protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see values of 20/40/15 which means a limit of $20,000 per injured person, $40,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $15,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things like pain and suffering, medical services, bail bonds, loss of income and structural damage. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Illinois state minimum liability requirements are 20/40/15 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Jeep Commander.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (20/40/15 in Illinois), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as vandalism, damage from a tornado or hurricane and a broken windshield. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
One last thing about your coverage
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high prices, extreme rates for teen drivers and even delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason, switching companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
We just presented a lot of techniques to reduce Jeep Commander insurance rates online in Chicago. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Jeep Commander insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company.
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Hybrid Vehicles in Chicago? (FAQ)
- How Much are Chicago Auto Insurance Quotes for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Chicago Auto Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra in Chicago? (FAQ)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)